GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For others besides myself, who cannot access the TD link..
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Charles-Adelsons-attorney-denies-all--385268091.html

July 1, 2016

An attorney for Charles Adelson speaks out.

We are hearing his side of the story for the very first time since arrests were made in the murder of Dan Markel.

Charles Adelson is Markel's former brother in law. He denies any involvement in the murder of the FSU law professor.

"He's denying any and all - any and all liability in this matter whatsoever," attorney Michael Weinstein said.

Ft. Lauderdale attorney Michael Weinstein has known Charles Adelson all his life. The periodontist was even a groomsman in his wedding.

We talked to Weinstein via skype Friday afternoon.

"The State Attorney's Office is making these allegations and putting these names in a probable cause affidavit and putting the family's pictures in a probable cause affidavit, and nobody is saying anything," Weinstein said, "So somebody needs to say something."
Weinstein denies that Charles Adelson had a contentious relationship with Markel.

"I don't believe that to be the case. I think that would be complete speculation," he said.

He told us Adelson never met Garcia and Rivera.

He admits Charles Adelson was dating the mother of Garcia's children. She worked in his dental office, Weinstein said.

"They dated for a short period of time, under a year, and that was it," he said.

He denies Charles Adelson took part in any type of plot to kill Dan Markel.

I'd add too that the invective expressed in these pleadings is way over the top, and the pleadings are way over argued -- both parties seemed to be making a mockery of the legal system in this divorce. I would hate to have been one of the many lawyer or judges involved. This is a great example of how litigation brings out the worse in people, especially when lawyers are personally involved!

I'd add that while Daniel's rhetoric is over the top, if even 20% of what he is reporting on the part of WA is true, it would be infuriating. Read the documents. Assuming it's true, it would be very frustrating.
I don't see legal documents from WA that are over the top, but her behavior as reported by Daniel is totally ridiculous. Seems like she didn't even try to meet him halfway.
Of course I don't know what actually happened.
But given that someone was paid to shoot him in the head, his accusations of erratic and irresponsible behavior should be fully considered.
He has been critiqued for accusing her of mental illness- but he's the one who was killed by a hitman. So these accusations should be fully considered, especially given the nature of the crime.
I have received about 20 other boring documents that aren't worth posting- the bottom line seems to be that he was infuriated with her behavior, and that he died from being shot by a hired killer.
Make of that what you will. And consider what people would think, or conclude, if SHE died at the hands of a hitman...

Does anyone know (for certain) what time period or dates KM worked for the dental practice? If it was prior to the murder, does anyone think its possible CA was not involved in this at all ? Was it possible DA was the one handling everything on her own ?

Good question. I don't think anyone knows for sure when she worked there. Here's what we know
1. The Democrat article that first broke this item the other day said that KM worked for the dentists AFTER she and CA broke up
2. In the WCTV interview, CA's lawyer said they dated for under a year

Anything else? Do we know approximately when they dated/broke up? Had they broken up in July 2014? Seems like CA started dating June Umchinda in 2015. If you check a few threads back you'll see that some other people were also speculating that maybe DA handled this without CA, based on the Democrat item indicating that KM worked for the dental practice. Some also speculated that maybe the job was a way for the family to transfer funds to KM. DA was bookkeeper after all. But I think we would probably need to know when KM worked there to determine how plausible this is.

Does anyone know (for certain) what time period or dates KM worked for the dental practice? If it was prior to the murder, does anyone think its possible CA was not involved in this at all ? Was it possible DA was the one handling everything on her own ?

Great question.
I Googled this and it looks like CA works at a few different dental practices, so not sure what "his dental practice" refers to.

He's listed at 3 practices with at least 4 locations:
http://floridasmilemaker.com/
http://drberkovich.com/meet-our-dentists/
http://www.drmarvinernst.com/staff.html

His attorney probably means Florida Smilemakers.
Looking at old versions of the webpage, I don't see KM ever listed in the "About Us" section, although another administrative assistant is.
So, no sign she ever worked there, on the web. But webpages often aren't updated enough to stay current with personnel changes.

Great question.
I Googled this and it looks like CA works at a few different dental practices, so not sure what "his dental practice" refers to.

He's listed at 3 practices with at least 4 locations:
http://floridasmilemaker.com/
http://drberkovich.com/meet-our-dentists/
http://www.drmarvinernst.com/staff.html

His attorney probably means Florida Smilemakers.
Looking at old versions of the webpage, I don't see KM ever listed in the "About Us" section, although another administrative assistant is.
So, no sign she ever worked there, on the web. But webpages often aren't updated enough to stay current with personnel changes.

The Democrat article from a few days ago says "Weinstein said Magbanua and Charles Adelson dated. She worked in the family’s Ft. Lauderdale dental office after they broke up." Sounds like she worked for the smilemakers. Not listing her on the website would also be consistent with the "bogus job" theory. IMHO.

CA and KM were dating apparently at the time of the murder.She must have spent lots of time on the phone between G's and A's apparently frequent phone calls, imo.
rbbm.
Markel was shot in the head as he sat in his car inside the garage of his Tallahassee home shortly after 11 a.m. on July 18, 2014.

Investigators learned that, at the time of the shooting, Adelson's brother was in a relationship with a Katherine Magbanua, whom he regularly called. Garcia is the father of her two children, the affidavit said.

Investigators said Garcia's cellphone was used to call Magbanua about 2,700 times between May 1 and July 19, one day after Markel was killed
http://www.local10.com/news/crime/s...-for-hire-plot-involving-fsu-professors-death

Just as an aside, not likely, but given the freaky, imo, relationship triangles in this case, any chance that DM was in any way associated with any of CA's dates?
speculation, imo.

Just as an aside, not likely, but given the freaky, imo, relationship triangles in this case, any chance that DM was in any way associated with any of CA's dates?
speculation, imo.
Hmmmm, I can't imagine there would be unless, as a few posters have suggested, he had hired a PI to investigate who the Adelson ' s hung out with and were therefore
a bad influence on his boys. (Seems to me DA would have been enough of a bad influence).

I also read from the article that Weinstein was not representing CA but was talking out about this as a friend only.

So, is anyone legally representing CA?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I also read from the article that Weinstein was not representing CA but was talking out about this as a friend only.

So, is anyone legally representing CA?

Apparently he is a lifelong friend and CA was a groomsman in his wedding. CA gave him authority to speak to the press on his behalf. I'm sure he'll hire someone else if he is arrested/indicted.

speculation, imo.
Any reason (other than what you've listed) you're going there? (meaning possible ties of Dan Markel with CA'S dates?)

CA and KM were dating apparently at the time of the murder.She must have spent lots of time on the phone between G's and A's apparently frequent phone calls, imo.
rbbm.

http://www.local10.com/news/crime/s...-for-hire-plot-involving-fsu-professors-death
So I guess that means KM started working for the A's after the murder, assuming all the information we have is accurate. Probably makes it less likely that one of the other family members would have approached KM through their dental office connection to help set up the hit, so the planning more likely would have had to go through CA. Based on this timeline it also seems less likely that the A's might have used the job as a mechanism to transfer money to KM. That is unless the job offer or "job offer" was part of the deal they agreed to. Seems more likely that she might have complained later on to CA that she was feeling squeezed financially and/or the A's started worrying that she might go to LE for some reason and gave her a job or a no show "job" to placate her or keep her quiet. Just speculating, IMHO.

Some posted a while back that DM's Facebook page indicated he was suffering from sever chronic back pain and was taking painkillers. Might he have been addicted to pain killers, or could perhaps CA or someone else was involved as a supplier? Just speculation . . . . .

Any reason (other than what you've listed) you're going there? (meaning possible ties of Dan Markel with CA'S dates?)

So I guess that means KM started working for the A's after the murder, assuming all the information we have is accurate. Probably makes it less likely that one of the other family members would have approached KM through their dental office connection to help set up the hit, so the planning more likely would have had to go through CA. Based on this timeline it also seems less likely that the A's might have used the job as a mechanism to transfer money to KM. That is unless the job offer or "job offer" was part of the deal they agreed to. Seems more likely that she might have complained later on to CA that she was feeling squeezed financially and/or the A's started worrying that she might go to LE for some reason and gave her a job or a no show "job" to placate her or keep her quiet. Just speculating, IMHO.

Good thinking. Should be easy for LE to assess whether she actually worked there by interviewing witnesses, computer forensics, and so forth. I bet they've done this already.

I agree with others that Weinstein mentioning that she was employed there is strategic. He's laying groundwork. Which means that Weinstein has to know or suspect that the A family was involved in this. Weird to me that he didn't just tell CA he needs a lawyer who can look at things objectively, and refer him to a top-notch colleague.

There's a video of CA speaking on the smilemakers website, and he's very good-looking, smart, and articulate. I wonder why he just didn't sit for questions himself, if he is innocent...it would have been more compelling than the generic denials that Weinstein made, which make him look even more guilty than the PCA.

Some posted a while back that DM's Facebook page indicated he was suffering from sever chronic back pain and was taking painkillers. Might he have been addicted to pain killers, or could perhaps CA or someone else was involved as a supplier? Just speculation . . . . .

That's also in the court documents that exaggerate Daniel Markel's minor health problems so WA could move to Miami. I've never heard that he was addicted to painkillers. But as he was the murder victim I don't see what that would have to do with anything.
However, the idea that he was getting drugs from CA is just totally implausible.

The many motives have been mentioned here already. I don't think we're going to come up with any new ideas that prove to be true at this point. Of course people are welcome to keep trying :) -

Mostly wondering if there are any missing pieces to the puzzle, there seems to have been romance in the air, despite the looming threat of violence, real, or threatened via internet, imo.
CA and KM, KM back with SG, CA and JM, DM and unnamed in NY, WA and ?????
Some of whom, apparently " penetrated" the protective bubble of affluent and influential people - seemingly, at this point to the A's and obviously to Daniel's detriment.
Are there any other players in this saga? We have been told there will be more arrests, but will that include people we had not considered, or possibly completely unknown contenders, at this point.
speculation, imo.

Are there any other players in this saga? We have been told there will be more arrests, but will that include people we had not considered, or possibly completely unknown contenders, at this point.
This is an interesting idea. A story in the Democrat after Garcia was arrested said there could be 5-6 more arrests. Luis Rivera, WA, KM, CA, DA, and HA comes to 6. But, HA has never been implicated. So there could be one slot "open".

Daun, ask someone to please post a copy of a BLANK Family Law Financial Affidavit and Interrogatories so that everyone can see how this works....use the forms from 2012 just incase anything has changed procedurely on those forms...the long form financial affidavit would need to be used because the assets/income is over $50,000. Everyone else will then be able to see how this works and can see where IT WAS headed if Dan HAD NOT BEEN MURDERED.....you are "legally required" to not only disclose joint or individual accounts on the Original Financial Affidavit WA filed back in 2012 ...you are required by law to disclose EVERYTHING even those checking accounts, money markets, certificates of deposits, retirement accounts like Vanguard, etc. gifts, titles of cars , boats , deeds, property owned individually , JOINTLY WITH your spouse or ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS like a mother, father or brother. Even safe deposit boxes that you may be an signer or key holder/allowed to open are to be disclosed. Safe deposit boxes hold jewelry or proof of other documents of cash, accounts etc. You are required to to turn over and all copies of any of these things that apply , you can't hide them...even copies of safe deposit records have to be turned over.

Here's the financial affidavit.
There's a note about non-marital Schwab accounts, not sure if this means Daniel's claims are invalid or if the form was just filled out badly.

Mostly wondering if there are any missing pieces to the puzzle, there seems to have been romance in the air, despite the looming threat of violence, real, or threatened via internet, imo.
CA and KM, KM back with SG, CA and JM, DM and unnamed in NY, WA and ?????
Some of whom, apparently " penetrated" the protective bubble of affluent and influential people - seemingly, at this point to the A's and obviously to Daniel's detriment.
speculation, imo.
The romance angle between KM and CA is implausible to me. Why would CA hook up with the "ex girlfriend" of a known gang member and who also has 2 very young children? I can't imagine anything more off-putting than that to a high rolling, free and wheeling bachelor. And when would she have had time to pal around the city with CA sans children?

And if CA and KM are ex lovers, I can't imagine that going over well with Garcia. So maybe Garcia didn't know the connection between KM and CA and ultimately to DM. Maybe she
was playing them both. One during office hours and the
other at home.

Or maybe CA did know about her background and he was playing her.

But what an untidy detail to leave hanging.....3 people who could ultimately testify against you or squeeze you for more money.

Just doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members