GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA might have travelled out of the country… if he is part of the “we” who travelled yesterday to Cancun. Referring to JU FB page with a :heartbeat: emoticon.

Wondering if they will return wearing wedding bands?
speculation.

Wondering if they will return wearing wedding bands?
speculation.
As always I think you are saying more here: [emoji4] Are you thinking he may put his peoperty, house car etc. in her name so the lawyers can't get to it, or do u think she may know more than she should?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

As always I think you are saying more here: [emoji4] Are you thinking he may put his peoperty, house car etc. in her name so the lawyers can't get to it, or do u think she may know more than she should?

Lol! Actually wondering if they might get married, strictly speculation!
It would probably be a good move for him imo, for the financial reasons you mention, someone besides family ( well most of them anyway) to stand by him, and well to wash away the memory of the alleged sights and sounds of the last celebration, and replace with a new one.

imo.

Maybe CA is escaping the Florida HEAT:hot: by spending a long Labor Day weekend in Mexico.
Or, perhaps CA is looking to join a Cancun dental practice. :D

IMO, the A's not speaking to TPD makes it obvious they are guilty, so it's the waiting game to see how this will be absolved.

IMO, the A's not speaking to TPD makes it obvious they are guilty, so it's the waiting game to see how this will be absolved.
I think something will break soon because of the upcoming trial in Nov. for LR

The docket for Rivera's case shows that he filed a document today titled "Demand for Speedy Trial." I don't understand the import of this, as his (and Garcia's) trial is already set for Nov. 14 of this year. In any event, this filing seems to indicate that Rivera has not made a deal with prosecutors, at least not yet.

Also, in Garcia's case, there's a case management conference set for tomorrow morning (Sep. 7 at 10:30am).

The docket for Rivera's case shows that he filed a document today titled "Demand for Speedy Trial." I don't understand the import of this, as his (and Garcia's) trial is already set for Nov. 14 of this year. In any event, this filing seems to indicate that Rivera has not made a deal with prosecutors, at least not yet.

Also, in Garcia's case, there's a case management conference set for tomorrow morning (Sep. 7 at 10:30am).
Could it be he's tired of living wherever and wants to get it over with so he can retire to Hawaii?

And if not that, I would think his attorney insist they go through the motions so as not to alert anyone on what he really plans to do.

^^BBM

https://floridacriminalprocedure.com/3-191-speedy-trial/
RULE 3.191. SPEEDY TRIAL
(b) Speedy Trial upon Demand. Except as otherwise provided by this rule, and subject to the limitations imposed under subdivisions (e) and (g), every person charged with a crime by indictment or information shall have the right to demand a trial within 60 days, by filing with the court a separate pleading entitled ―Demand for Speedy Trial,‖ and serving a copy on the prosecuting authority.
(1) No later than 5 days from the filing of a demand for speedy trial, the court shall hold a calendar call, with notice to all parties, for the express purposes of announcing in open court receipt of the demand and of setting the case for trial.
(2) At the calendar call the court shall set the case for trial to commence at a date no less than 5 days nor more than 45 days from the date of the calendar call.
(3) The failure of the court to hold a calendar call on a demand that has been properly filed and served shall not interrupt the running of any time periods under this subdivision.
(4) If the defendant has not been brought to trial within 50 days of the filing of the demand, the defendant shall have the right to the appropriate remedy as set forth in subdivision (p).

^^BBM

RULE 3.191. SPEEDY TRIAL
(b) Speedy Trial upon Demand. Except as otherwise provided by this rule, and subject to the limitations imposed under subdivisions (e) and (g), every person charged with a crime by indictment or information shall have the right to demand a trial within 60 days, by filing with the court a separate pleading entitled ―Demand for Speedy Trial,‖ and serving a copy on the prosecuting authority.
(1) No later than 5 days from the filing of a demand for speedy trial, the court shall hold a calendar call, with notice to all parties, for the express purposes of announcing in open court receipt of the demand and of setting the case for trial.
(2) At the calendar call the court shall set the case for trial to commence at a date no less than 5 days nor more than 45 days from the date of the calendar call.
(3) The failure of the court to hold a calendar call on a demand that has been properly filed and served shall not interrupt the running of any time periods under this subdivision.
(4) If the defendant has not been brought to trial within 50 days of the filing of the demand, the defendant shall have the right to the appropriate remedy as set forth in subdivision (p).
So max time we're looking at is...50 days (approximately) for Rivera to be brought to trial?
Late October? Is he still MIA?

Also, why is Garcia having a case management meeting tomorrow?
He was hoping for a bond hearing. What's going on?!

So max time we're looking at is...50 days (approximately) for Rivera to be brought to trial?
Late October? Is he still MIA?

Also, why is Garcia having a case management meeting tomorrow?
He was hoping for a bond hearing. What's going on?!

And this is Florida... shouldn't we have a document dump by now?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

https://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/F8A89AE8BF8AE6E485256C8300776C69
The Florida Bar Journal
December, 2002 Volume LXXVI, No. 11

Speedy Trial, Speedy Games
. . . Rule 3.191 was specifically amended in 1984 to include the phrase “a demand for speedy trial” in an apparent effort to “help insure that all interested parties receive unambiguous notice that the accused was seeking a speedy trial.” . . .

…………………

Reference:
2016 FLORIDA CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
RULE 3.191. SPEEDY TRIAL

This morning the docket appears to reflect that Rivera has a hearing tomorrow (September 8) at 9 am and Garcia has a hearing on October 7 at 8:30 am in addition to today's scheduled hearing. Looks like Rivera's hearing was just added to the docket, or updated, today.

ETA: Federal BOP still says that Rivera's not in their custody.

This morning the docket appears to reflect that Rivera has a hearing tomorrow (September 8) at 9 am and Garcia has a hearing on October 7 at 8:30 am in addition to today's scheduled hearing. Looks like Rivera's hearing was just added to the docket, or updated, today.

ETA: Federal BOP still says that Rivera's not in their custody.
Would someone enlighten me on the following?: Please

1). Garcia was to have his case management conference today.
Why would he have one?

2). Garcia has another court date for Oct. What would that be for?

3). Is Rivera's appt tomorrow, on 9/8, his calender call for a trial date? If I'm not mistaken, the state has to schedule a trial date within 45 days of the calender call but it can be sooner. Is this correct?

Would someone enlighten me on the following?: Please

1). Garcia was to have his case management conference today.
Why would he have one?

2). Garcia has another court date for Oct. What would that be for?

3). Is Rivera's appt tomorrow, on 9/8, his calender call for a trial date? If I'm not mistaken, the state has to schedule a trial date within 45 days of the calender call but it can be sooner. Is this correct?

Garcia's October 7th court date is a bond hearing.

New story up on SG's court appearance today: http://www.flanews.com/?p=32605

One of two men accused in the murder for hire plot of an FSU law professor was in court today for a status conference, and as Mike Vasilinda tells us, new discovery given to his attorneys contains some wire taps of the ex wife’s family....

Defense attorneys say they were given new discovery information that has not yet been made public, but they did say that it includes wiretap information.
In early June, Police investigators filed a document indicating they were worried some of the ex-wife’s family had the means and had been overheard talking about fleeing the country....

The State Attorney’s office expects to take about three weeks redacting the latest information before any of it is released to the public.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Wire-taps-to-be-released-in-Markel-murder-case-392649861.html
attachment.php

Garcia's attorney calls the state's case "circumstantial" and isn't discussing his defense.

"It's going to be a trial," Zangeneh said. "It's going to be a trial, and for us to give any additional information in regards to what we are going to do is kind of going to be like spoiling the anticipation before trial."

Attachments

• sigfredo+garcia+court.png
    sigfredo+garcia+court.png
    739.3 KB · Views: 175
New story up on SG's court appearance today: http://www.flanews.com/?p=32605

One of two men accused in the murder for hire plot of an FSU law professor was in court today for a status conference, and as Mike Vasilinda tells us, new discovery given to his attorneys contains some wire taps of the ex wife’s family....

Defense attorneys say they were given new discovery information that has not yet been made public, but they did say that it includes wiretap information.
In early June, Police investigators filed a document indicating they were worried some of the ex-wife’s family had the means and had been overheard talking about fleeing the country....

The State Attorney’s office expects to take about three weeks redacting the latest information before any of it is released to the public.
Oooohhh snap!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not too hopeful they said anything incriminating over the phone. Will be interesting to listen and/or read the transcripts nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3