GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man! For a minute there I thought you'd gone off your rocker! Am happy to know you haven't.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Lol, not quite yet! Just thought of DM as a sturdy " tree of life" chopped down before his time, taken away from the young "sunshines". imo.

Sorry to refer to my own post but... I am trying to track WA'S movements on the day of the murder and I get everything labeled and then routes to and from but I can't get it to show on the map so I can send it for everyone to view. (I have tried and experimented for the past 2 hours with no luck......so if I give the points, could someone track it on a map to share?

1.WA leaves her place around noon at 3303 Aqua Ridge Way
(thanks to Miss Elizabeth)

2) She was going to go past 2116 Trescott Drive (Dan's house) but couldn't get through due to police cars (per her video taped interview with TPD)

3). She then went a back way to get to ABC Liquor on Thomasville Road where she bought a bottle of Rye per her video interview with TPD.

4) Not sure if she went directly to lunch with friends but her lunch destination was at The Market Place at Timber Lake. And she was picked up there by police.

5). Just for fun, track from WA'S place to The Market Place at Timber Lake.

You will see that to take Trescott was out of the way, even to get to ABC Liquor.

You will also see that there is a much more direct route from her place to The Market Place.

Certainly there had to be other liquor stores along the way from her place to the Market Place that didn't require her to go near Dan's place so she could buy her rye.

And it's ok if no one wants to map this but her route to ABC was.......out of the way.

This is great! Thanks for compiling! I am a Tallahassee native. I can confirm that it is absolutely out of the way to go from her home to Trescott, ABC on Thomasville, then back to Market Square. She was totally driving past Dan's on purpose. There is also a liquor store IN MARKET SQUARE called Market Square Liquors! She surely knew about that one.

Sorry to refer to my own post but... I am trying to track WA'S movements on the day of the murder and I get everything labeled and then routes to and from but I can't get it to show on the map so I can send it for everyone to view. (I have tried and experimented for the past 2 hours with no luck......so if I give the points, could someone track it on a map to share?

1.WA leaves her place around noon at 3303 Aqua Ridge Way
(thanks to Miss Elizabeth)

2) She was going to go past 2116 Trescott Drive (Dan's house) but couldn't get through due to police cars (per her video taped interview with TPD)

3). She then went a back way to get to ABC Liquor on Thomasville Road where she bought a bottle of Rye per her video interview with TPD.

4) Not sure if she went directly to lunch with friends but her lunch destination was at The Market Place at Timber Lake. And she was picked up there by police.

5). Just for fun, track from WA'S place to The Market Place at Timber Lake.

You will see that to take Trescott was out of the way, even to get to ABC Liquor.

You will also see that there is a much more direct route from her place to The Market Place.

Certainly there had to be other liquor stores along the way from her place to the Market Place that didn't require her to go near Dan's place so she could buy her rye.

And it's ok if no one wants to map this but her route to ABC was.......out of the way.

I've mapped this here:

View attachment 3303 Aqua Ridge Way, Tallahassee, FL 32309 to Market Square Fine Wines - Google Maps.pdf

Hope it works. As you say, well out of the way. I also noted the liquor store at Market Square.

Regards, E

Thank you, thank you#

No problem. I think it's also worth noting that to go directly from Aqua Ridge Way to Market Square is less than 4 miles as opposed to the ABC liquor store which is double the distance and well out of the way of the lunch date as we know. Sketchy. IMO

The case docket for both Garcia and Rivera has an entry today for "Answer to Demand for Discovery (Amended)." It really could be anything, but I'm hoping its additional evidence tying one or more Adelsons to the murder.

37 2016 CF 001581 B - STATE OF FLORIDA vs RIVERA, LUIS M
New entry on docket today 9/28/2016 MOTION IN LIMINE
Next hearing is PRE-TRIAL CASE MANAGEMENT 10/4/2016 10:30 AM

37 2016 CF 001581 B - STATE OF FLORIDA vs RIVERA, LUIS M
New entry on docket today 9/28/2016 MOTION IN LIMINE
Next hearing is PRE-TRIAL CASE MANAGEMENT 10/4/2016 10:30 AM

The docket has been updated to state "MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING DEFENDANTS ALLEGED GANG AFFILIATION"

Rivera's attorneys are trying to preclude any reference or evidence of Rivera's affiliation with the Latin Kings during the trial.

The docket has been updated to state "MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING DEFENDANTS ALLEGED GANG AFFILIATION"

Rivera's attorneys are trying to preclude any reference or evidence of Rivera's affiliation with the Latin Kings during the trial.
It’s nice that detail was added to that docket entry.

I looked again at the online case and found another tidbit just added in the ‘Event’ section - MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE:
MOTION HEARING 10/6/2016 3:00 PM - MOTION IN LIMINE MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

If I’m reading it correctly, the motion hearing will address 2 motions:
MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING DEFENDANTS ALLEGED GANG AFFILIATION
MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

So, two hearings next week for Rivera:
CASE MANAGEMENT-10/4/2016
MOTION HEARING-10/6/2016

It’s nice that detail was added to that docket entry.

I looked again at the online case and found another tidbit just added in the ‘Event’ section - MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE:
MOTION HEARING 10/6/2016 3:00 PM - MOTION IN LIMINE MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

If I’m reading it correctly, the motion hearing will address 2 motions:
MOTION IN LIMINE REGARDING DEFENDANTS ALLEGED GANG AFFILIATION
MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

So, two hearings next week for Rivera:
CASE MANAGEMENT-10/4/2016
MOTION HEARING-10/6/2016

Yes, that's how I read it as well. Interesting that Rivera's attorneys would push so hard for a fast trial and then move for a change of venue. If the motion is granted, it will likely delay the proceedings considerably.

Yes, that's how I read it as well. Interesting that Rivera's attorneys would push so hard for a fast trial and then move for a change of venue. If the motion is granted, it will likely delay the proceedings considerably.
I think Rivera’s Speedy Trial is possible even if change of venue is granted. They’ll still have several weeks to coordinate travel logistics to a court in another county.

With the change of venue motion, we can toss my previous idea aside: that Rivera might ‘request’ a bench trial. I wonder if prosecution told defense ‘no way’ on bench trial. So now defense is requesting a change of venue. Or, perhaps defense will request a bench trial if change of venue is denied.

The decision on the motions will be interesting. Definitely dotting i’s and crossing t’s for future appeal if convicted.

I think he’s guilty, but I also think it’s likely he’ll be acquitted unless someone jumps in with leverage about KM or the A’s.

Have been waiting on pins and needles for the arrest of one of the A's!

Do you suppose LE is waiting until trial time to make the arrest(s)? This would really throw a kink in Rivera's lawyer's trial plan, IMO. Guess he would just get the trial delayed. Or it may be the reason for a speedy trial is to get it over before LE can tie all the loose ends up which would connect Rivera to the A's.

Of course, the waiting also keeps the A's on their toes as not knowing what to expect.

I think Rivera’s Speedy Trial is possible even if change of venue is granted. They’ll still have several weeks to coordinate travel logistics to a court in another county.

With the change of venue motion, we can toss my previous idea aside: that Rivera might ‘request’ a bench trial. I wonder if prosecution told defense ‘no way’ on bench trial. So now defense is requesting a change of venue. Or, perhaps defense will request a bench trial if change of venue is denied.

The decision on the motions will be interesting. Definitely dotting i’s and crossing t’s for future appeal if convicted.

I think he’s guilty, but I also think it’s likely he’ll be acquitted unless someone jumps in with leverage about KM or the A’s.

BBM. Respectfully, I disagree. He's on video following Dan. There's evidence of him renting that car and eye witness testimony of that kind of car fleeing the scene.

Imran Hussain will be moved to the capitol city to serve as a witness for Luis Rivera, one of the men accused of killing of Markel. He will be transported to the Leon County Courthouse on October 26th, the day of Rivera's jury trial. He was in custody prior to Dan's murder.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/witness-in...cle_c6cac8ae-85a7-11e6-b10d-2f64a2a48534.html
Yes, he has been in custody for many years prior to Dan’s 2014 murder. . .
IMRAN HUSSAIN – SENTENCED TO LIFE
Sentenced in 2007 for 2001 crimes.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/activeinmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=452840926

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/09/29/markel-suspect-seeking-change-venue/91260354/
Markel suspect seeking change of venue
9:02 a.m. EDT September 29, 2016
The attorney for one of the men charged in the shooting of Dan Markel has filed for a change of venue less than a month out from the trial.
Prosecutors are also trying to block the testimony of a convicted double murderer from Broward County who has been transported to testify in Luis Rivera's Oct. 24 trial.
Imran Hussain, who was convicted of the 2001 murders of two shop keepers the 41-year-old worked for, will be a witness in Rivera's trial.
[…]

If gang affiliation is considered too prejudicial and jurors do not learn about that, would it not seem more likely then, that LR (allegedly) murdered DM because he was hired to perform a hit?
If the jury learns that he is in a gang, they might assume that he would kill for any old reason, like attempted car theft, burglary, car rage, ect. as opposed to coming under the direction of the A family.
Will that lack of gang affiliation, info.ultimately make it harder for the other "players" in this case?

If SG and LR are found not guilty, does this case and suspicion about the A family, just go away?
imo, speculation, all alleged.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/lawyers-pu...cle_76995844-85b8-11e6-8b8d-b35c9c63e1dc.html
Luis Rivera's attorneys detailed in a motion that they wanted to prevent any mention of Rivera's gang affiliation with the Latin Kings because they felt it was irrelevant and would cause unfair jury bias.

If gang affiliation is considered too prejudicial and jurors do not learn about that, would it not seem more likely then, that LR (allegedly) murdered DM because he was hired to perform a hit?
If the jury learns that he is in a gang, they might assume that he would kill for any old reason, like attempted car theft, burglary, car rage, ect. as opposed to coming under the direction of the A family.
Will that lack of gang affiliation, info.ultimately make it harder for the other "players" in this case?

If SG and LR are found not guilty, does this case and suspicion about the A family, just go away?
imo, speculation, all alleged.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/lawyers-pu...cle_76995844-85b8-11e6-8b8d-b35c9c63e1dc.html

Evidence of LR's gang affiliation might be prejudicial in his own trial, but it wouldn't be prejudicial in a trial of one (or more) of the Adelsons and would likely be admissible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave