GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's more important to convict the masterminds than the hired hands this time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They allege she found the hitmen, and let's not forget the alleged cars, boats and plastic surgery. But I get your point.

What do people think about the Latin Kings connection? Is it possible Rivera will be made a target in jail for "snitching". Was Garcia a member also? I don't really know how the gang thing works.

~ E

At this point, the Markel name might be seen as preferable to the new one, imo.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/the-dan-markel-case-the-probable-cause-affidavit-for-charlie-adelson/

From pages four to five:

PC-affidavit-3-e1473442048840.png

What do people think about the Latin Kings connection? Is it possible Rivera will be made a target in jail for "snitching". Was Garcia a member also? I don't really know how the gang thing works.

~ E

He probably will be segregated and only allowed to be around other snitches in the federal Witsec or something.

Then I think the 7years is done in the State penitentiary after that where he would be segregated again.

At least I think that's how it works.

Its looking to me like WA is not going to be implicated in this. I'm thinking if she did know ahead of time, CA and DA were careful to keep her at a remove from KM. If WA was part of the conspiracy I don't see her brother or mother ever revealing it and it doesn't seem like LE has any independent evidence implicating her...

Its looking to me like WA is not going to be implicated in this. I'm thinking if she did know ahead of time, CA and DA were careful to keep her at a remove from KM. If WA was part of the conspiracy I don't see her brother or mother ever revealing it and it doesn't seem like LE has any independent evidence implicating her...
Yet.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I agree, unless there's information we don't know yet with regard to phone calls, etc. I don't believe for a second she's innocent, but for whatever reason they were careful to keep the princess of the family out of it. I wonder why they all have her on such a pedestal.

I watched the 20/20 episode earlier today and it made me even more disgusted than I already was. There has to be at least two more arrests asap. I have faith they will come, I rezlly think the police and DA are all in on this murder investigation. The Adelsons disgust me.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-fsu-professor-killing-plea-20161005-story.html

But a lawyer for Charles Adleson, the brother of Markel's ex-wife, immediately criticized the plea deal as "offensive."

"The prosecution admittedly didn't have enough evidence so it went out and bought some by giving away the farm to a murderer," David Oscar Markus said in an email. "This convicted gangster knows the game and would have said anything not to come out of prison in a box. The prosecution literally threatened him with the needle to get this testimony. That's not a search for the truth. That's a deal with the devil."

Markus' statement makes me more -- not less -- convinced that CAis guilty. Importantly, he concedes that Rivera did murder DM. OK, well then WHY did Rivera do it? Robbery? Drug deal gone bad? Hired by someone other than the As? Some convoluted extortion plot? None of those potential motives make any sense. Markus hasn't offered any reason that Rivera could have killed DM other than for the benefit of the As. I realize that he's not legally required to do so, but if he's going to make press statements, which presumably are intended to sway public opinion in support of his client, he's got to give us some plausible story to believe that doesn't involve the As hiring Rivera. There's tons of evidence supporting that theory, and his lashing out at Rivera as a "murderer" who had an incentive to plead guilty to save his own skin, accurately portrays Rivera as a bad person, but it doesn't exonerate his own client.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-fsu-professor-killing-plea-20161005-story.html

Markus' statement makes me more -- not less -- convinced that CAis guilty. Importantly, he concedes that Rivera did murder DM. OK, well then WHY did Rivera do it? Robbery? Drug deal gone bad? Hired by someone other than the As? Some convoluted extortion plot? None of those potential motives make any sense. Markus hasn't offered any reason that Rivera could have killed DM other than for the benefit of the As. I realize that he's not legally required to do so, but if he's going to make press statements, which presumably are intended to sway public opinion in support of his client, he's got to give us some plausible story to believe that doesn't involve the As hiring Rivera. There's tons of evidence supporting that theory, and his lashing out at Rivera as a "murderer" who had an incentive to plead guilty to save his own skin, accurately portrays Rivera as a bad person, but it doesn't exonerate his own client.

“No, no, no, baby. That’s the kind of shifty stuff that makes him the man to call when you need that. That’s just Shapiro being Shapiro.” – O.J. Simpson on Robert Shapiro – American Crime Story - The People v. O.J. Simpson

I think a lot of people fervently desire someone would kill their ex spouse, but fortunately few of them have a big brother who will gladly do it for them as some sort of present. I get the feeling she was fairly passive.

I think a lot of people fervently desire someone would kill their ex spouse, but fortunately few of them have a big brother who will gladly do it for them as some sort of present. I get the feeling she was fairly passive.

I get the feeling that although she might not have been actively involved in the conspiracy, that she knew something about it, and did nothing to stop it. I don't think they'll ever have enough evidence to charge WA with a crime--she'll just have to live with it for the rest of her life. However, based on her somewhat sociopathic comments regarding DM after the murder, it doesn't seem like this tragedy will weigh heavy on her conscience.

She knew, she was part of it, she drove by the murder scene that day.

I just feel awful for those poor boys, who will grow up knowing that Grandma and Uncle Charlie killed their dad, while Mommy, at the very least knew it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it, and at the worst, was part of the murder plot.

I just feel awful for those poor boys, who will grow up knowing that Grandma and Uncle Charlie killed their dad, while Mommy, at the very least knew it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it, and at the worst, was part of the murder plot.

Exactly. The boys won't be in jail, but their despicable family members have created a prison they'll always have to live in. The best thing that could happen for them is for the whole damn family to go to prison and they be handed over to the Markels.

Not only that but per KM'S arrest warrant, the following:

On the morning of the murder:

8:09 a.m. DA contacts WA (35sec)

9:12am: CA contacts WA (less than 1 min.)

9:19 a.m. WA contacts CA (18 min)

Not only that but per KM'S arrest warrant, the following:

On the morning of the murder:

8:09 a.m. DA contacts WA (35sec)

9:12am: CA contacts WA (less than 1 min.)

9:19 a.m. WA contacts CA (18 min)

Well, they did have important television repair business to discuss.....

What time did WA drive by the scene?

Well, they did have important television repair business to discuss.....

What time did WA drive by the scene?
Around noon. Did you see the map layout of her "travels" that morning?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member