GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like DA and HA are being sued by Gerstein & Baret, the attorneys they hired to defend them on a subpoena issued pursuant to a criminal matter back in June. The complaint doesn't say what the criminal matter is, but I assume it is DM's murder. The complaint alleges that HA hired GB and paid a $10k non-refundable retainer on a $20k flat fee arrangement, let GB do a month's worth of work, reneged on paying the second half of the flat fee, and then disputed the first $10k with Amex to get a refund.

View attachment MC_Docket.PDF

It looks like DA and HA are being sued by Gerstein & Baret, the attorneys they hired to defend them on a subpoena issued pursuant to a criminal matter back in June. The complaint doesn't say what the criminal matter is, but I assume it is DM's murder. The complaint alleges that HA hired GB and paid a $10k non-refundable retainer on a $20k flat fee arrangement, let GB do a month's worth of work, reneged on paying the second half of the flat fee, and then disputed the first $10k with Amex to get a refund.

View attachment 102513

Wow, this family thinks they just own the world, don't they?? My disdain for them grows exponentially every day.

View attachment 102513

That law office seems to specialize in immigration issues, why would the A's choose that firm to represent them? speculation.
http://usaimmigrationlaw.com/

View attachment 102513

Unbelievable! The A's won't win on this.

My guess is that maybe Wendi was friendly with the firm, as she is very interested in immigration/human rights (except Dan's) ?

Had wondered if they were thinking of emigrating somewhere and had to cancel?
speculation, imo.

View attachment 102513
Nice Marvin Berry!
I wonder if HA and DA responded to the SUBPOENA in the CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION.
Page 1 - Defendants include HA and DA
The fraud complaint references the following:
21. . . . ongoing criminal investigation including responding to the subpoena, which had been served upon Defendants.
22. . . . respond to the subpoena, investigate the charges, and perform legal services on behalf of Defendants.
55. . . . investigating the case against Defendants, responding to a subpoena served upon the Defendants, and protecting the interests of the Defendants in inquiries from the media and other sources.

Here's an article today from Paul Caron that talks about Wendi's Truman Scholar profile (which most of us had previously seen). http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2016/10/wendi-adelson-ill-fated-romance-took-me-to-tallahassee-love-for-my-children-kept-me-there-despite-mo.html

Truman Scholar Profile available here: http://trumanscholars.org/from-tsa/wendi-adelson/

I hadn't read this in a while. Wendi seems primarily interested in explaining to her fellow intellectuals why she is a lowly clinical professor. I can't decide if she is insecure, sociopathic, or both.

This is interesting, thank you for posting. Your choice of quote alone says that she is either lying here or was rewriting her history in her writing class where she positions her choice of marrying Dan as much more calculated.

Paraphrasing here, she "thought she could beat the system and marry a man that she was not passionate about".
"that she chose a man who she was not passionate about because he would make a good father for her children."
Dan, no mention of romantic feelings/ romance.

Here we have "fell in love" and "ill fated romance". This does not imply the same sentiment as her calculated choice to marry Dan
So, which is it?

What I want to know, but I doubt we ever will, is "what did WA know and when did she know it"

On one hand, ordering a hit on the father of her little boys without telling her beforehand seems ...unlikely. On the other hand, I can't get over the fact she brought up her brother joking about a hit man so quickly during her police interview. It just seems so reckless. But then so did her podcast musings, etc., I guess she feels untouchable and can't contain herself. Watching the 20/20 episode, she seemed to have kind of a frightened, yet thrilled and excited, vibe during her police interview.

Wow Marvin Berry. Great find. Thank you.

View attachment 102513

Yeah, she did. It seemed she tried to be charming at times to the police interrogator.

What I want to know, but I doubt we ever will, is "what did WA know and when did she know it"

On one hand, ordering a hit on the father of her little boys without telling her beforehand seems ...unlikely. On the other hand, I can't get over the fact she brought up her brother joking about a hit man so quickly during her police interview. It just seems so reckless. But then so did her podcast musings, etc., I guess she feels untouchable and can't contain herself. Watching the 20/20 episode, she seemed to have kind of a frightened, yet thrilled and excited, vibe during her police interview.

Yes, I definitely sensed that "thrilled and excited" vibe from the interview. Elated, even.

This is great. LOL.

[FONT=&amp]"In less than 24 hours I have a scheduled dental appointment. The dilemma is that there is a really high likelihood that one if not both of my dentist(s) seem likely to be indicted for first-degree murder… No BS."

"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I just do not know how I feel about someone going that deep in my mouth with power tools and that type of pressure on their backs."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

"With the latest developments the wisdom teeth will minimally be delayed. My scheduled teeth cleaning; that is another question. I will just see if any breaking developments occur within the next 24 hours and decide. At the very least it will make the “how’s the family” small talk more interesting than usual."

http://diaryofamadmind.com/index.php/2016/10/03/dental-dilemma/

[/FONT]

IMO - i don't think WA knew of any alleged plot because i don't think she would have volunteered the "cheaper than a hitman" story in the initial police interview. her saying that immediately incriminated her brother and really threw him under the bus - which would ultimately lead back to her if she was involved or had advance knowledge. so not only would she be incriminating her family - she'd be incriminating herself. if she knew of an alleged plot in advance i really doubt she would have volunteered that information - especially given that she's a law school grad. her story would have been more rehearsed and certainly would've omitted that information had she had advance knowledge. i think she said it in the shock and heat of the moment and didn't immediately realize how it implicated her family because them being involved was such an outrageous possibility in her mind at that moment in the interview room. if the family is involved i think they acted independently and left princess out of it. if they were involved i think this was supposed to be a very evil despicable "surprise gift" to princess that she didn't directly ask for or know about in advance. "we took care of it for you. we made your problem go away." she may have vilified her ex to her family and got them worked up - but i think that was the extent of it.

This is great. LOL.

[FONT=&]"In less than 24 hours I have a scheduled dental appointment. The dilemma is that there is a really high likelihood that one if not both of my dentist(s) seem likely to be indicted for first-degree murder… No BS."

"
[/FONT]
[FONT="]I just do not know how I feel about someone going that deep in my mouth with power tools and that type of pressure on their backs."[/FONT][FONT=&]

"With the latest developments the wisdom teeth will minimally be delayed. My scheduled teeth cleaning; that is another question. I will just see if any breaking developments occur within the next 24 hours and decide. At the very least it will make the “how’s the family” small talk more interesting than usual."

http://diaryofamadmind.com/index.php/2016/10/03/dental-dilemma/

[/FONT]

That is good and I was surprised to see his comment, he cancelled an hour prior. Good for him.

IMO - i don't think WA knew of any alleged plot because i don't think she would have volunteered the "cheaper than a hitman" story in the initial police interview. her saying that immediately incriminated her brother and really threw him under the bus - which would ultimately lead back to her if she was involved or had advance knowledge. so not only would she be incriminating her family - she'd be incriminating herself. if she knew of an alleged plot in advance i really doubt she would have volunteered that information - especially given that she's a law school grad. her story would have been more rehearsed and certainly would've omitted that information had she had advance knowledge. i think she said it in the shock and heat of the moment and didn't immediately realize how it implicated her family because them being involved was such an outrageous possibility in her mind at that moment in the interview room. if the family is involved i think they acted independently and left princess out of it. if they were involved i think this was supposed to be a very evil despicable "surprise gift" to princess that she didn't directly ask for or know about in advance. "we took care of it for you. we made your problem go away." she may have vilified her ex to her family and got them worked up - but i think that was the extent of it.

Yes she must have vilified Dan to her family and then Dan wanted her mother to have supervised visits with the boys, another irritant and, then, she had the possibility of Dan's new girlfriend possibly becoming the boy's stepmother. That must have really thrown her for a loop. Remember she looked her up on her computer.

I'm a prof at a large research uni. I cannot imagine imagine having a scholar profile like that. I would expect a visit from my dept head at a minimum, and a strongly-worded letter. It has the giggly-nasty vibe of revenge comedy. It is wholly unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth