GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Case against Katherine Magbanua headed to grand jury

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Woman-accused-in-Markel-Murder--402275976.html

She also has a Auther Hearing (bond) scheduled for 12/9 -- three days after her and Garcia's next case management conference.

Bond reduction?!
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Woman-accused-in-Markel-Murder--402275976.html
Magbanua is scheduled to go before a judge for a case management hearing on December 6th and a bond reduction hearing December 9th. It's not clear yet if the grand jury decision could impact either of those scheduled hearings.

Why did Charles give Garcia a gopro for his birthday? Were they becoming more friendly?

Aren't you suppose to not want contact with the hitman?

Ole K.M had these guys wrapped around her finger.

Glad the grand jury is convening next week. We've been waiting for some movement. I'm very confident they will indict her for first degree murder. After that, she will perhaps take a couple depositions but plea negotiations will surely commence in earnest. I hope we see more arrests by the end of the year.

Here are the latest court docs.

Garcia's indigent motion.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SG 1.jpg
    SG 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 263
  • SG 2.jpg
    SG 2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 260
KM's discovery doc is 10 pages long and there is very similar to SG's. However,this is interesting. Seems she gave a (who knows what) statement to police.

attachment.php

Attachments

• KM 6.jpg
    KM 6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 274
I don't see a statement to police from KM.

I read this as a statement to police. You did not read it that way too? Just curious on your thoughts of why? I'm no expert.
attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 462
And here is KM's bond request.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 479
Both Dan and Wendi loved their kids. Plus they were both financialy capable of providing for their kids if they ever went their separate ways.

Now I'm sure that the kids would have been happy while visiting each parent throughout the years.

So what the heck did Charlie kill Dan for?

Very senseless indeed. Jmo

Both Dan and Wendi loved their kids. Plus they were both financialy capable of providing for their kids if they ever went their separate ways.

Now I'm sure that the kids would have been happy while visiting each parent throughout the years.

So what the heck did Charlie kill Dan for?

Very senseless indeed. Jmo

IIRC, per the divorce agreement, WA had to keep the two children in the Tallahassee area. But Granny A. wanted them to relocate to south FL. The only way this could happen was if Dan was out of the picture.

Yes, so incredibly sad...

IMHO

Logic tells me this is just the calm before the storm. But boy is the wait frustrating.

Logic tells me this is just the calm before the storm. But boy is the wait frustrating.

Christmas time without the kiddies will make KM flip soon.

But why did she agree to get her and her kids father caught up in that mess is beyond me.

Who is the new State Attorney? When does he/she take over the office?

I can't help but think the outgoing SA is breathing a sigh of relief that he's dodged the bullet on this one.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I wish grand jury proceedings were public! I know some of my Tallahassee friends would sit in and report back for us.

Original Source: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/the-dan-markel-case-katherine-magbanuas-date-with-destiny/
(Posted So David Lat can make profit$ derived from this terrible crime by getting web hit$ to his web$ite).

The Dan Markel Case: Katherine Magbanua’s Date With Destiny

Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman says the grand jury is scheduled for November 29th and she will seek a first-degree murder indictment against Magbanua.

Yikes. DeCoste previously told us that Magbanua is not cutting any deal with the government because she is innocent of the charges against her. But it still might be unnerving, for a mother of two with no criminal record, to face one of the most serious charges in the entire criminal law.
DeCoste and his co-counsel, Tara Kawass, claim that their client is ready for the coming legal battle. Here’s the statement they issued after I contacted them for comment on the upcoming grand jury proceedings:

"Because Katie has maintained the truth, that she is innocent and had nothing to do with this, the prosecution has decided to tighten the screws a little more. That’s how they
broke Luis Rivera and got him to lie. But Katie is much stronger than that ****. Plus, she has the truth on her side. That’s a powerful ally."
The truth is powerful indeed. And we all look forward to its emergence in this case.

And "the truth" is unlikely to be provided by a blog that gets paid per-click$. ATL specializes in TMZ-style gossip and grants outlets for defense attorneys to say anything at all, no matter how implausible given the facts. From inaccurate stories ATL get clicks and then $$.

So facts....no. Verification of claims, no. BUT: Click$$, yes. (Meaning every click= $$$ for Lat). Original journalistic content? None beyond opinion and the claims of defense attorneys.

The truth will have to be learned in the long-run, ignoring much of those who get paid to foment gossip and blowhard statements not to be taken seriously.
In time, we'll see. In the meantime, it's tragic that these hack posts appear at the top of google search results.

All just my humble opinion. my bias is that I would prefer to see real journalists writing stories on these issues that adhere to journalistic ethics (e.g., correcting obvious errors when pointed out, trying to avoid conflicts-of-interest and other obvious bias, not just writing stories quickly that mis-state facts consistently).

I think it's sad that this situation has become a moneymaker for above the law. Certainly all proceeds from every story on this topic should be donated to the Markel family, right?

David Lat seems to me a failed journalist, failed attorney, a gossip columnist who doesn't even do the leg work of a reporter. And his behavior in this case is beyond belief.

Original Source: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/the-dan-markel-case-katherine-magbanuas-date-with-destiny/
(Posted So David Lat can make profit$ derived from this terrible crime by getting web hit$ to his web$ite).

The Dan Markel Case: Katherine Magbanua’s Date With Destiny

Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman says the grand jury is scheduled for November 29th and she will seek a first-degree murder indictment against Magbanua.

Yikes. DeCoste previously told us that Magbanua is not cutting any deal with the government because she is innocent of the charges against her. But it still might be unnerving, for a mother of two with no criminal record, to face one of the most serious charges in the entire criminal law.
DeCoste and his co-counsel, Tara Kawass, claim that their client is ready for the coming legal battle. Here’s the statement they issued after I contacted them for comment on the upcoming grand jury proceedings:

"Because Katie has maintained the truth, that she is innocent and had nothing to do with this, the prosecution has decided to tighten the screws a little more. That’s how they
broke Luis Rivera and got him to lie. But Katie is much stronger than that ****. Plus, she has the truth on her side. That’s a powerful ally."
The truth is powerful indeed. And we all look forward to its emergence in this case.

And "the truth" is unlikely to be provided by a blog that gets paid per-click$. ATL specializes in TMZ-style gossip and grants outlets for defense attorneys to say anything at all, no matter how implausible given the facts. They get clicks and then $$.

So facts....no. Verification of claims, no. BUT: Click$$, yes. (Meaning every click= $$$ for Lat). Original journalistic content? Zero.

The truth will have to be learned in the long-run, ignoring much of those who get paid to foment gossip and blowhard statements not to be taken seriously.
In time, we'll see.
It's a real shame these posts appear at the top of google search results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3