GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never put anything in an e-mail.” - Eliot Spitzer – 2005

“I think if you look at the CEOs and the others who have been involved in most of the corporate scandals...they began to think that somehow, the law didn’t reach them, the moral boundaries that every one of us understands didn’t apply to them. And this was captured in a brilliant t-shirt -- and I don’t often end by quoting t-shirts, but it was given to me by an investment banker friend of mine, the last one I had -- and on the front it said, ‘Hubris is terminal.’“ - Eliot Spitzer - 2005

ironically, Eliot didn't follow his own advice.

The removed photo of the owl and timing of KM's call concerning it , can also probably be verified. Small intriguing detail, imo.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...e-were-coming-up-here-kill-somebody/91847004/
Rbbm.

This small detail may be very important. It shows that the conspirators were aware of the risks associated with any electronic trail of their activities. If KM asked LR to remove the instagram post because of the geotag associated with it, that is additional evidence of conspiracy and planning.

This type of concern regarding leaving a digital trail seems to have been a concern for all parties involved in the conspiracy. After meeting with the undercover agent, DA tells CA about the event in cloaked terms. She does not say "the craziest thing just happened. Some guy tried to extort me about DM's tragic murder." And neither the purported masterminds nor the effectors of the crime ever talk over the phone in any significant way. In fact, CA insists that they don't discuss anything in their own apartment, allowing discussion only in person.

If there are texts or emails, I would bet that they are protected by encryption. It would be unusual for people who call each other thousands of times to never send a text to one another. Can LE demonstrate that KM/SG and KM/CA had texting contact in the past and, just before and after the crime, all of the texting ceased (or moved to an encrypted platform)? An abrupt change in this pattern would be interesting.

Perhaps the rule was "no phone contact/encryption for everything/all discussion in person/no email."

Whatever they did, for the moment, only a few of the accused perpetrators have had their lives interrupted. Wonder how LR/KM/SG are feeling about this part of the conspiracy? . . . . . . the part where they sit in jail for months/years while the financiers enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This small detail may be very important. It shows that the conspirators were aware of the risks associated with any electronic trail of their activities. If KM asked LR to remove the instagram post because of the geotag associated with it, that is additional evidence of conspiracy and planning.

This type of concern regarding leaving a digital trail seems to have been a concern for all parties involved in the conspiracy. After meeting with the undercover agent, DA tells CA about the event in cloaked terms. She does not say "the craziest thing just happened. Some guy tried to extort me about DM's tragic murder." And neither the purported masterminds nor the effectors of the crime ever talk over the phone in any significant way. In fact, CA insists that they don't discuss anything in their own apartment, allowing discussion only in person.

If there are texts or emails, I would bet that they are protected by encryption. It would be unusual for people who call each other thousands of times to never send a text to one another. Can LE demonstrate that KM/SG and KM/CA had texting contact in the past and, just before and after the crime, all of the texting ceased (or moved to an encrypted platform)? An abrupt change in this pattern would be interesting.

Perhaps the rule was "no phone contact/encryption for everything/all discussion in person/no email."

Whatever they did, for the moment, only a few of the accused perpetrators have had their lives interrupted. Wonder how LR/KM/SG are feeling about this part of the conspiracy? . . . . . . the part where they sit in jail for months/years while the financiers enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about leaving "messages on FB. Ones that would seem innocent: "The TV works!"

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

KM had 2 FB accounts and SG had 1. They are entered into Discovery. You may be right!

What about leaving "messages on FB. Ones that would seem innocent: "The TV works!"

There was a case management conference today, and it appears the defense requested and was granted a continuance of the 2/27 trial date. There was another CMC set for 5/1:
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1129969

SG has a CMC tomorrow:
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1119072

The Tallahassee Democrat reports that there exist LE interviews with "three jail witnesses" who KM's attorneys want to depose. Testimony of jailhouse snitches is (rightly) viewed with skepticism, but three?
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2017/02/06/magbanua-murder-trial-delayed/97545600/

i still have a very bad feeling about KM's attorneys. i do not trust them.

Thank you everyone with legal expertise for contributing to DM's thread. Your insight has been so helpful as I find our legal system perplexing, to say the least.

Just posted.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 2.57.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 2.57.27 PM.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 234
How can her lawyers ask to delay things and also ask for bail?

The state shouldn't be compromised because she has lawyers that live 6hrs away. Jmo.

Just posted.
attachment.php
What possible advantage to KM, and for that matter the A's have by pushing back the trial date? I'd be going nuts. Another 3 months?

I remember LR was going to subpoena a jailmate of SG's.
I figured he was going to have him testify that SG told this jailhouse
snitch that SG was the gunman.

What possible advantage to KM, and for that matter the A's have by pushing back the trial date? I'd be going nuts. Another 3 months?

According to the Tallahassee Democrat, KM's attorneys told the court they needed more time to review evidence which they just received from the state's attorney. Maybe they want to find out just how strong the case against their client is.

IMO -

KM's puppet attorneys are kicking the can down the road at KM's expense for the benefit of the alleged mastermind(s). KM rots in jail while they remain free and live to fight another day. ultimately, there will be a day of reckoning but in the meantime this is the best case scenario in a bad situation for the alleged mastermind(s). how convenient.

Pre Trial Delay As A Legal Strategy

In point of fact, delay can often serve the interests of the accused within a criminal case. For one able and willing to prolong legal proceedings, witness memory and or zeal to participate can often wane over time. Prosecutors burdened with tracking down such individuals while contending with a backlog of prosecutions are often in a weak position when considering the likelihood of a successful prosecution. Coupled with city jails often filled to capacity, experienced counsel can maneuver clients toward beneficial resolutions hard for defense lawyers to dictate in less congested courtroom jurisdictions.

http://www.starklawofficespc.com/pre-trial-delay-as-a-legal-strategy-in-indiana/

Courts in Slow Motion, Aided by the Defense

But the true masters of delay are the defense lawyers. For them, muddled memories and lost witnesses — the passage of time itself — are the ingredients for getting clients off.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/n...w-motion-aided-by-defense.html?pagewanted=all

Some of the comments on this site seem to think that if KM talks , turns states evidence, she might get out of jail. She will spend 15 to 20 years in jail if she cooperates with the State. The only way she ever gets out of jail is if she goes to trial and wins a not guilty verdict. Other than that she will be in jail and prison for a long time from now. The state can't let her go free, only that she spends less time in prison than a life sentence brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628