GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<mod snip>
&#1488;&#1497;&#1494;&#1492; &#1489;&#1494;&#1489;&#1493;&#1494;.
In this Le Mariage de Loti opera of multiple symphonies, concertos, and arias, first came Luis Rivera. After the crew supervisor, the leader of the Latin Kings LR, sings on Katherine Magbanua and Sergio Garcia, sooner or later SG will sing also. LR is very credible, if only for the fact that he admits his role. Albeit he attempts to make his role look like casual and accessory, after admitting on video the statement to the effect of &#8220;I drove the car that carries SG to push the button on Dan Markel&#8221; is made, LR and SG are done. Never SG will be off the hook.
Then, the likelihood of SG singing his opera baritone prior to KM is large. The FBI and TPD have tons of electronic evidence against LR and SG. Thus, SG will sing soon! He cannot sing the entire opera but he will sing his operatic tenor roles, crossed with some popular musics from what actually went on between him and his former friend, turned fiend, LR. There are more to be revealed between these two. The attorneys&#8217; for SG will advise him soon to save his *advertiser censored*-ets; sorry, his life.
Fear of SG, and not the wimp pseudo caid Charles Adelson, prevents KM to sing thus far. I have no doubt KM has many interesting arias to sing. We will be very surprised. It will be not only about CA, but perhaps all As. How strange is the alleged behavior of this CA who behaves like a caid? The allegations against CA in the petered Probable Cause are supported by substantial circumstantial evidences! Time comes KM sings against the As, these substantial circumstantial evidences will become supporting evidences to a much stronger accusatory epistles. Just wait for KM&#8217;s lawyers to write the epistles. Do not vilify KM&#8217;s lawyers, you will be surprised!
I recognize that any delay favor the accused, KM. It is just time borrowed and not earned. KM will pay the time borrowed with interests. And most dramatically, the &#8220;Don&#8221;, the prima Madona, the Principe, and &#8230; the Principessa, all will be playing their rehashed roles. The time borrowed by the As is enormous. They have the most interests at stake!

"toilet wine" is pruno. its made from bread, sugar and oranges.

But didn't she have that opportunity the other day
when the SA went to speak
with her and her attorneys?
By then the SA would have had those interviews of the inmates.

What is toilet wine? It sounds ghastly. Or is that just another way of saying SG is drinking the Kool Aid.

KM has to know the A' s are out "enjoying" the free life. And CA
was seeing this girl (JU) way before KM was arrested. (Unless he's on to a new one.)

Can't help but think his trips to Mexico are....suspect. Looking for a place to live....hiding money?

Maybe it's time to speak to SG. He seems to be the talkative one....

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

lol you are most likely right. it scares me to think of lawyer ethic violations! but apparently ATL was mad at us.

You guys are too funny. I can assure you, the lawyers involved do not give half a damn about what you are saying about them, and consequently would feel no need to shill on here trying to correct it.

Interesting post hope you are right.

<mod snip>
In this Le Mariage de Loti opera of multiple symphonies, concertos, and arias, first came Luis Rivera. After the crew supervisor, the leader of the Latin Kings LR, sings on Katherine Magbanua and Sergio Garcia, sooner or later SG will sing also. LR is very credible, if only for the fact that he admits his role. Albeit he attempts to make his role look like casual and accessory, after admitting on video the statement to the effect of &#8220;I drove the car that carries SG to push the button on Dan Markel&#8221; is made, LR and SG are done. Never SG will be off the hook.
Then, the likelihood of SG singing his opera baritone prior to KM is large. The FBI and TPD have tons of electronic evidence against LR and SG. Thus, SG will sing soon! He cannot sing the entire opera but he will sing his operatic tenor roles, crossed with some popular musics from what actually went on between him and his former friend, turned fiend, LR. There are more to be revealed between these two. The attorneys&#8217; for SG will advise him soon to save his *advertiser censored*-ets; sorry, his life.
Fear of SG, and not the wimp pseudo caid Charles Adelson, prevents KM to sing thus far. I have no doubt KM has many interesting arias to sing. We will be very surprised. It will be not only about CA, but perhaps all As. How strange is the alleged behavior of this CA who behaves like a caid? The allegations against CA in the petered Probable Cause are supported by substantial circumstantial evidences! Time comes KM sings against the As, these substantial circumstantial evidences will become supporting evidences to a much stronger accusatory epistles. Just wait for KM&#8217;s lawyers to write the epistles. Do not vilify KM&#8217;s lawyers, you will be surprised!
I recognize that any delay favor the accused, KM. It is just time borrowed and not earned. KM will pay the time borrowed with interests. And most dramatically, the &#8220;Don&#8221;, the prima Madona, the Principe, and &#8230; the Principessa, all will be playing their rehashed roles. The time borrowed by the As is enormous. They have the most interests at stake!

AGREED. personal experience w such a person in a legal sense...

Although in the very beginning there were indications the A's arranged for legal counsel on behalf of SG, nefarious, unethical attorneys selling their client out to protect a wealthy family isn't a plausible scenario, imo. Many reasons have been delineated by others in recent posts. &#8206;
&#8206;
The way I see it, anyone who would help facilitate the execution of an innocent man is pathologically self centered, entitled, lacks remorse and probably thinks they know better than everyone else. She enlisted the help of her father's children, never pausing long enough to ponder what would happen to those kids if their parents were caught. I don't see KM as some delicate wallflower who inadvertently got swept up in a situation of happenstance. I see her as a greedy, morally void, self absorbed, street hustler with a very high opinion of herself.*

The more likely scenario here is that KM's attorneys ARE urging her to take a plea, as (arguably) they are ethically obligated to do at this point. I further think she is refusing to take their advice out of a sense of superior wisdom & knowledge. It's certainly not unusual for egomanical hustlers to refuse the advice of counsel regarding plea deals based on the misguided perception they can beat the charges. KM is likely calling all the shots right now because SHE knows better than EVERYONE else. * &#8206;
&#8206;
I personally think she is absolute trash and because of her unwillingness to come to the negotiating table I hope she rots in prison. &#8206;

&#8206;

"Garcia is accused of shooting Markel in the head in a murder-for-hire plot. He's facing the death penalty for it-- though that law is still up in the air in the legislature.
Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says, "I am hoping that the death penalty issues will be resolved very shortly, and yes it does affect how we proceed in the case. I don't know how we'll proceed with Mr. Garcia unless the issues are resolved."

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Trial-delayed-for-accused-triggerman-in-Markel-murder-397321961.html

Oh this is a great tragedy and well composed, sad that it really happened. i hope it does become a movie one day, in memory of Dan.

<mod snip>

Pawns 123, haha and thanks.

Reallybusy, you 100% hit it right on the head. And it works from either perspective. Two young lawyers with their whole careers ahead of them, and on the other side the A's very experienced lawyers, who by all accounts have impeccable credentials and reputations. Everyone involved would just plain know better.

Idk. You can only do a Jose Baez but so many times.

Now I understand that they are young and trying to make a name for themselves. But don't risk me getting 50 years. Especially since it has been stated that the state really wants KM to flip. Jmo.

So I'm afraid that these lawyers are either focus on pulling a Jose Baez.

Or they simply are not experience with the art of the plea deal.

But hopefully they figure it out before another trillion inmates come forward about her possible involvement. Jmo.

Because imo. Garcia is dead to rights (via Luis and other evidence ).

So if KM stays hush; Then the state may simply offer Garcia a small 25 years to flip on KM since she obviously may be protecting the Adelsons and possibly willing to abandon her kids for the next 50 years while doing so. Jmo

So her and her lawyers really need to get serious before the sweetheart deal time expires.

Btw. Welcome to WS. Much love here.

I don't think KM's lawyers are urging her to plea, or that KM is begging her lawyers to get her a deal. I doubt they ever even had to go through those discussions at length. What I think is that it is ESTABLISHED that KM is definitely going to plea and has been for some time. What's left is to what crimes, and for what sentence.

I don't think KM's lawyers are urging her to plea, or that KM is begging her lawyers to get her a deal. I doubt they ever even had to go through those discussions at length. What I think is that it is ESTABLISHED that KM is definitely going to plea and has been for some time. What's left is to what crimes, and for what sentence.

If hope you're right. I wonder why it hasn't happened yet.

"Garcia is accused of shooting Markel in the head in a murder-for-hire plot. He's facing the death penalty for it-- though that law is still up in the air in the legislature.
Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says, "I am hoping that the death penalty issues will be resolved very shortly, and yes it does affect how we proceed in the case. I don't know how we'll proceed with Mr. Garcia unless the issues are resolved."

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Trial-delayed-for-accused-triggerman-in-Markel-murder-397321961.html

Interesting point about the death penalty. According to one news source:

"A Senate panel on Monday approved a bill requiring a unanimous jury verdict and a similar measure is being considered in the state House. The legislation could be among the first bills passed and sent to Gov. Rick Scott when the session officially kicks off in March."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/politics/f...-steps-to-renew-death-penalty-cases/401565799

The legislature apparently isn't in session until March. Perhaps this is contributing to a delay regarding a plea. For SG, at least, I imagine the offer is life instead of death. If the death penalty, isn't an option, then SA will have to arrive at a better deal. Not sure if the SA would consider the death penalty for KM, but if the plea offer improves for SG, maybe they'll also need to sweeten the deal for KM.

This could be part of the reason for the delay - to give the legislature enough time to consider reinstating the death penalty.

If hope you're right. I wonder why it hasn't happened yet.

It takes time, especially when GC is busy trying other huge cases in the interim. Neither side is wanting to give an inch more than they need to. Obviously, we don't know where the two sides are right now in their negotiations or how close they are to meeting in the middle. It's possible that KM is still trying to secure a non-prison sentence. That's why I'm hoping that the new "toilet wine" witnesses will help them meet in the middle if her head is still in the clouds. Ultimately, it's still probably going to be a deal similar to Rivera's, where GC will have to tell the media that they did what they had to do.

If KM's asking for something like 5 years, my husband thinks it's a greater injustice that those who ordered and financed the murder are still walking free and thinks the prosecutors should come down as necessary to secure her testimony. I don't necessarily agree - there are many reasons why that would be problematic...her testimony loses credibility as her deal gets sweeter. But on the other hand, I would much rather see her do a nominal sentence and have the masterminds convicted than have the masterminds go free so she can do a few more years in prison.

Interesting point about the death penalty. According to one news source:

"A Senate panel on Monday approved a bill requiring a unanimous jury verdict and a similar measure is being considered in the state House. The legislation could be among the first bills passed and sent to Gov. Rick Scott when the session officially kicks off in March."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/politics/f...-steps-to-renew-death-penalty-cases/401565799

The legislature apparently isn't in session until March. Perhaps this is contributing to a delay regarding a plea. For SG, at least, I imagine the offer is life instead of death. If the death penalty, isn't an option, then SA will have to arrive at a better deal. Not sure if the SA would consider the death penalty for KM, but if the plea offer improves for SG, maybe they'll also need to sweeten the deal for KM.

This could be part of the reason for the delay - to give the legislature enough time to consider reinstating the death penalty.

If they are seeking the death penalty, I wonder if the Markel family will be consulted. My guess is the DM opposed the death penalty based on 1) common sense; 2) humanity; 3) Jewish values; and 4) Canadian culture and values. Not sure he would want it imposed.

It takes time, especially when GC is busy trying other huge cases in the interim. Neither side is wanting to give an inch more than they need to. Obviously, we don't know where the two sides are right now in their negotiations or how close they are to meeting in the middle. It's possible that KM is still trying to secure a non-prison sentence. That's why I'm hoping that the new "toilet wine" witnesses will help them meet in the middle if her head is still in the clouds. Ultimately, it's still probably going to be a deal similar to Rivera's, where GC will have to tell the media that they did what they had to do.

If KM's asking for something like 5 years, my husband thinks it's a greater injustice that those who ordered and financed the murder are still walking free and thinks the prosecutors should come down as necessary to secure her testimony. I don't necessarily agree - there are many reasons why that would be problematic...her testimony loses credibility as her deal gets sweeter. But on the other hand, I would much rather see her do a nominal sentence and have the masterminds convicted than have the masterminds go free so she can do a few more years in prison.

This is taking so long. What about those two little boys. What influence could they be getting. Scary. I'll bet Dan's parents and sister are going crazy.

If they are seeking the death penalty, I wonder if the Markel family will be consulted. My guess is the DM opposed the death penalty based on 1) common sense; 2) humanity; 3) Jewish values; and 4) Canadian culture and values. Not sure he would want it imposed.

Probably not the place to get into a debate about the death penalty, but you're correct in your inference; I'm pretty sure Markel explicitly objected to the death penalty either in writing or in a speech (or both).

From a practical standpoint, however, it does put the state in a better bargaining position when trying to procure a plea - even if they wouldn't eventually follow through on the threat.

In regards to Dan's stance on capital punishment:
Two days before his death, he commented on a federal judge's order striking down the California death penalty, saying while he was against capital punishment he disagreed with the judge's ruling.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...line-innovator-friend-violent-death/13232743/

The article is from 2014, shortly after Dan's murder. While I'm sure many of us have previously read the article, I recommend reading it again. It contains numerous anecdotes from those who were close to Dan and their memories of him really provide a wonderful tribute to WHO Dan was, beyond just a legal scholar.

Welcome to Ws Bongo!!
http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.source.php?sourceID=007073
http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001005#answer-id-006336
Should Victims' Opinions Matter When Considering the Death Penalty?
Dan Markel, JD, Assistant Professor at Florida State University College of Law, in a Summer 2005 Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review article titled "State, Be not Proud: A Retributivist Defense of the Commutation of the Death Row and the Abolition of the Death Penalty," wrote:

In the context of the death penalty, the fear of victim influence on sentencing looms even more menacingly... it is purely speculative --if not illusory-- to assert that the death or cruel punishment of the offender will necessarily achieve that healing, or that other means will not provide the closure victims seek... In sum... the preferences of victims or their survivors should not enjoy special consideration in determining the death (or life) of the offender."
Summer 2005 - Dan Markel, JD

Thanks for this. Nice to recirculate memories about Dan to contrast the circus around the suspects and crime itself.

I'm regards to Dan's stance on capital punishment:
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...line-innovator-friend-violent-death/13232743/

The article is from 2014, shortly after Dan's murder. While I'm sure many of us have previously read the article, I recommend reading it again. It contains numerous anecdotes from those who were close to Dan and their memories of him really provide a wonderful tribute to WHO Dan was, beyond just a legal scholar.

Question for the criminal defense/prosecutors who follow this case: is it surprising to you that CA and co haven't been arrested yet? I'm an attorney but not a litigator -- so I'm basing this on very old law school lessons in probable cause... but my goodness, I feel like they have PC in spades. I understand that it could be strategy, but once they bring them in and they are indicted, it's not like they stop building the case... So, why haven't they been arrested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member