GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I presume she'll be found guilty. Then she will never see her children. So what's more important, her children or her children's father? Does she EVER think of that?

I'm not saying she's making the right decision, or the most rational one. But I can at least understand her taking the position that she won't do anything to harm -- even kill (via the death penalty) -- the father of her kids.

Of course I presume she'll be found guilty. Then she will never see her children. So what's more important, her children or her children's father? Does she EVER think of that?
Or the A's. Namely those who can give her...things. And she'd have the kids
back if she wants them... but I'm not sure she views SG as a prize. (Or anyone to sacrifice for).

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

was KM promised something like this for herself and her kids? -

Aaron Hernandez tried to buy his cancer-stricken cousin's silence during the Odin Lloyd murder investigation, but was lying when he told her he had created trust funds to provide for her two children, prosecutors said Wednesday.

"Telling her she's going to have money and then not doing it — he's engaged in every scheme possible to ensure her silence," Bristol County Assistant District Attorney Patrick Bomberg said.

Hernandez, 25, was arrested on murder charges in June 2013. In a jailhouse phone call less than a month later, the former Patriots tight end told his cousin, Tanya Singleton of Bristol, Conn., that he deposited money into accounts for her young children, Jano and Edward, to access when they turn 18.

"It already started off at $100,000 for them, do you know what I'm saying, I think about 75 apiece or something like that and every seven years it doubles," Hernandez said in the conversation, which is transcribed in court documents.

"He says, 'I set up an account,' and lo and behold he didn't," Bomberg said. "He told her this to secure her continued loyalty."

Less than a week after the call, Singleton was incarcerated for refusing to testify before the grand jury investigating Lloyd's shooting. In an earlier phone call referenced in court filings, Hernandez had told her, "Don't say nothing."

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-aaron-hernandez-murder-trial-day-35-20150325-story.html

was KM promised something like this for herself and her kids? -

Aaron Hernandez tried to buy his cancer-stricken cousin's silence during the Odin Lloyd murder investigation, but was lying when he told her he had created trust funds to provide for her two children, prosecutors said Wednesday.

"Telling her she's going to have money and then not doing it — he's engaged in every scheme possible to ensure her silence," Bristol County Assistant District Attorney Patrick Bomberg said.

Hernandez, 25, was arrested on murder charges in June 2013. In a jailhouse phone call less than a month later, the former Patriots tight end told his cousin, Tanya Singleton of Bristol, Conn., that he deposited money into accounts for her young children, Jano and Edward, to access when they turn 18.

"It already started off at $100,000 for them, do you know what I'm saying, I think about 75 apiece or something like that and every seven years it doubles," Hernandez said in the conversation, which is transcribed in court documents.

"He says, 'I set up an account,' and lo and behold he didn't," Bomberg said. "He told her this to secure her continued loyalty."

Less than a week after the call, Singleton was incarcerated for refusing to testify before the grand jury investigating Lloyd's shooting. In an earlier phone call referenced in court filings, Hernandez had told her, "Don't say nothing."

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-aaron-hernandez-murder-trial-day-35-20150325-story.html
In other words? This is a lose lose situation for KM.

She holds her silence, gets out and no trusts and no nothing for her and the kids. Except for maybe a bullet.

She holds her silence and is found guilty and she's never getting out.

Or...she holds her silence, gets out, has an unlimited trust fund set up for her and the kids, the A's become her guardian angels and or maybe she marries Charlie and she lives happily ever after. (Only in her dreams, I'm afraid).

In other words? This is a lose lose situation for KM.

She holds her silence, gets out and no trusts and no nothing for her and the kids. Except for maybe a bullet.

She holds her silence and is found guilty and she's never getting out.

Or...she holds her silence, gets out, has an unlimited trust fund set up for her and the kids, the A's become her guardian angels and or maybe she marries Charlie and she lives happily ever after. (Only in her dreams, I'm afraid).

You hit the nail on the head; KM is in a Lose/Lose situation of her own making. And I would assume that it is greed and not fear keeping her locked up.

If she could establish threats against her or her family, more arrests and perhaps protective custody/witness protection would be available to her. Instead, she is biding her time in jail because her lawyers say she is falsely accused and whomever is funding her defense wants her to go to trial and risk life in prison instead of testify for the prosecution.

Her only chance is to be found not guilty and then get out of the country as quickly as possible. The family of DM will have a hefty civil lawsuit to follow this criminal case and any ill gotten gains she receives for her silence will soon be turned over to her next legal team as well as to DMs family.

KM is in a bad position. She is in jail, for the second year, away from her children and family, and the alleged masterminds are successfully keeping her there by playing on her greed. This may be one moment in her life where doing the right thing would improve her life, if not her financial status. One would think that the longer she spends in jail, the more she may doubt her team’s legal strategy. (Of course, whether or not it is really HER legal team is up for debate.)

Rest assured, the masterminds are well insulated from this sadness. CA’s new baby will likely have a hefty and protected trust fund. WA will keep a high profile job. DMs parents won’t get to see their grandkids.

KMs current trajectory couldn’t be more different from her benefactors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head; KM is in a Lose/Lose situation of her own making. And I would assume that it is greed and not fear keeping her locked up.

If she could establish threats against her or her family, more arrests and perhaps protective custody/witness protection would be available to her. Instead, she is biding her time in jail because her lawyers say she is falsely accused and whomever is funding her defense wants her to go to trial and risk life in prison instead of testify for the prosecution.

Her only chance is to be found not guilty and then get out of the country as quickly as possible. The family of DM will have a hefty civil lawsuit to follow this criminal case and any ill gotten gains she receives for her silence will soon be turned over to her next legal team as well as to DMs family.

KM is in a bad position. She is in jail, for the second year, away from her children and family, and the alleged masterminds are successfully keeping her there by playing on her greed. This may be one moment in her life where doing the right thing would improve her life, if not her financial status. One would think that the longer she spends in jail, the more she may doubt her team’s legal strategy. (Of course, whether or not it is really HER legal team is up for debate.)

Rest assured, the masterminds are well insulated from this sadness. CA’s new baby will likely have a hefty and protected trust fund. WA will keep a high profile job. DMs parents won’t get to see their grandkids.

KMs current trajectory couldn’t be more different from her benefactors.

Wow, well said. CA has a new baby????

Did anyone else on here know CA has a new baby? They are getting on with their lives while the Markels are suffering.

Wow! Who is the baby's momma?!

Would it be that beauty contestant he was dating? Wonder if KM knows about this. Wouldn't you think she would be furious sitting there in jail while they are moving on?

An interesting development...

"Two accused killers of Florida State law professor Dan Markel are now facing additional charges.
Charges of conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation of murder were filed Wednesday against Sigfredo Garcia and Katherine Magbanua, who are being held in the Leon County jail without bond. They also face first-degree murder charges."

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...suspects-facing-additional-charges/318758002/

From your article above: Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said the additional charges don’t come from new evidence in the case but were filed to make sure the entirety of what investigators say went into the scheme is reflected.

“The first-degree murder doesn’t cover all the conduct that was involved,” she said, adding that both Garcia and Magbanua were involved in planning the murder, she said, and then turned to recruit others.

I haven’t read through all of the posts but does anyone think CA is possibly blackmailing KM by having more dirt on her that if she gives up CA then he will spill the beans on something he has on her that directly links her to a more serious crime?

I haven’t read through all of the posts but does anyone think CA is possibly blackmailing KM by having more dirt on her that if she gives up CA then he will spill the beans on something he has on her that directly links her to a more serious crime?

a more serious crime than this murder? not possible. IMO CA is dangling a huge golden carrot in front of KM to keep her silent.

Theres probably a trust fund in her kids name. So she will not talk. Because she thinks she will be out by the time her kids are 18. This way she can spend the money with them.

kudos to you. you were the first one to theorize the "money for silence" angle long ago. but i believe her lawyers have her convinced that she'll never be convicted.

I don't see how she cannot be convicted. Even a third-grader can figure how this panned out. CA got upset when Dan said his mother would be supervised when she was with the grandkids because of her bad-mouthing him.That I believe was the last straw. He didn't want his mother upset. I think he took it in his own hands to do this. She might not have even known. Normal people would get together and work things out AND not try to get their son-in-law to leave a career job he loved and move to where they are. That's where a supportive wife comes in. She put her mother before her husband and father of her children. Then Dan got a girlfriend and I'm sure that was upsetting to them. He'd have support eventually from her. JMO

I don't see how she cannot be convicted. Even a third-grader can figure how this panned out. CA got upset when Dan said his mother would be supervised when she was with the grandkids because of her bad-mouthing him.That I believe was the last straw. He didn't want his mother upset. I think he took it in his own hands to do this. She might not have even known. Normal people would get together and work things out AND not try to get their son-in-law to leave a career job he loved and move to where they are. That's where a supportive wife comes in. She put her mother before her husband and father of her children. Then Dan got a girlfriend and I'm sure that was upsetting to them. He'd have support eventually from her. JMO

This AND Markel accused WA and her attorney of falsifying financial affidavits and failing to disclose personal financial assets during the divorce, and was seeking to have the entire marital settlement agreement nullified on that basis. All of the financial allegations were coming to a head right at the time he was murdered.

This AND Markel accused WA and her attorney of falsifying financial affidavits and failing to disclose personal financial assets during the divorce, and was seeking to have the entire marital settlement agreement nullified on that basis. All of the financial allegations were coming to a head right at the time he was murdered.

Yes, that too. Little did Dan know what kind of family he was marrying into and what would happen to him. Unreal.

did the State miscalculate by not seeking the death penalty against KM? would KM be thinking differently today about singing if she was facing the death penalty regardless of what her "trusted" attorneys are selling her?

Did they add news charges so that in the event she isn’t found without a reasonable doubt of murder that they can convict her on conspiracy to commit murder. I hope adding the new charges scares her into talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member