GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I needed to add one more thing that happened on June 4th
Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 9m9 minutes ago
June 4th, 2014 is when they met for coffee and he noticed Wendi was acting a "unusual." Says he had to drive to get her medicine while she stayed home with the kids."

NOTED, June 4th is the same day that LR and SG left Miami for the first trip to Tally!
The day of June 4th when she got sick and Jeff had to go get Pepto-Bismol, Not only was that the day that the two left on the first trip from Miami, but also that was the day where they received a traffic citation for speeding.

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 2 Witnesses Ret Inv Craig Isom Part 4, Ronald Witt - T Mobile

Oct 1, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 3 Witnesses Thomas Balboni, Len Harvey & Ofc Bill Brannon 100119

Thank you everyone so much for all the updates, theories and opinions. Haven’t been able to fully read everything but it’s been awesome just checking in during the day here and see what’s happening!

add this to the dozen other details that point to WA guilt
I just realized I needed to add one more thing that happened on June 4th
The day of June 4th when she got sick and Jeff had to go get Pepto-Bismol, Not only was that the day that the two left on the first trip from Miami, but also that was the day where they received a traffic citation for speeding.

I just saw within the last 24 hours, the podcast that is following this case called "Over my dead body" has done a new episode. That is the one that we have talked about in the threads over the year and they have done to updates since the case started. The last one being uploaded in the last 24 hours that I just noticed

ETA, nothing new, just a short discussion between two reporters on Wendy's testimony.

Last edited:
I am a wee bit shocked by the evidence put on today suggesting pre knowledge (at a minimum) on the part of WA. For some reason I did not think the prosecution would ‘go there’.

On a related note:
Relistening to the Over My... podcast, it is really something that the other A brother participated in that. It is indirect but IMO it comes through loud and clear that he thinks his relatives are up to their necks in this. I had forgotten about the childhood story he tells about a tennis tournament (in the episode called The Maestro). He paid for something and got too much change back and was honest and gave the extra back. For this he says he was made fun of mercilessly by his family. The point of this story IMO is that he has a moral compass and they quite proudly do not.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 29m29 minutes ago
Garcia's attorney is now asking Rivera about conflicting answers. At a deposition, Rivera said he had never committed armed robbery. Now Rivera is saying he has. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

In his taped confession he said ‘I’m a jack boy, I rob drug dealers.” Sounds armed robbery like to me? Bit of grasping at straws by the defense Imo

i'm not a fan of Garcia's attorney. he comes across like he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, narcissistic, trying to be slick. not likable and has a very "punchable" face. i don't think it plays well with this mostly female jury from Tallahassee.

i'm not a fan of Garcia's attorney. he comes across like he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, narcissistic, trying to be slick. not likable and has a very "punchable" face. i don't think it plays well with this mostly female jury from Tallahassee.

I agree 100%. He seems like a pompous donkey.

the
I just saw within the last 24 hours, the podcast that is following this case called "Over my dead body" has done a new episode. That is the one that we have talked about in the threads over the year and they have done to updates since the case started. The last one being uploaded in the last 24 hours that I just noticed

ETA, nothing new, just a short discussion between two reporters on Wendy's testimony.
podcaster do a terrible job - they were only successful with the podcast because the case is so interesting, but they still haven't gotten to the meat of things and they didn't pick up on all the problems in WA testimony

Could Dan Markel's ex-wife face charges later?
"We spoke with Don Pumphrey, a criminal defense attorney. He cleared some things up about Adelson's testimony.

He says that after this case is over, what Adelson said during her testimony can not be used against her if the state attorney decides to charge her at a later time.

However, if the state attorney can provide an independent legitimate source to provide evidence against her, then she could be charged.

"The testimony can't bite her, but the information that comes from an independent legitimate source, not derived from that testimony which she is immune from, could definitely have some teeth," said Pumphrey."
Ex-lover and hitman testify in Markel trial
"Tuesday brought explosive testimony in the murder trial of two people accused of killing FSU law professor Dan Markel in 2014.

Jeffery Lacasse dated Markel’s ex-wife Wendi Adelson for about nine months.

Taking the stand, Lacasse said five days before the law professor was murdered in his garage Adelson told him something that made his stomach turn.

“She said that Charlie had explored all options to take care of the problem, and that he had looked into having professor Markel killed. It would cost about $15,000. And so I didn’t know what to make of it, my stomach kind of flipped. It was like a chilling statement,” said Lacasse.

The former boyfriend was also asked about a dinner two weeks after the murder.

“These are her words. She said Charlie and I went to what he described as a celebration dinner,” said Lacasse."

"Wendi Adelson testified on Friday that she did try to drive by Markel's house about an hour after the murder. A police officer on the scene said he’d been alerted to look for the make and model of her car."

Did I hear the judge admonish him for repeating himself?

If the attorney doesn't have much to work with (real important points to make) I guess he reckoned repeating would somehow make it all "appear" important.

pompous, arrogant, condescending, slimy, smarmy.
Saam Zangeneh, attorney originally from Iran known for settling criminal cases out of trial, has a reputation of being expen$$ive. I wonder 1) how could Sigfredo Garcia afford the services of Saam Zangeneh? and 2) why was Saam Zangeneh unable to settle the case prior going to trial as his usual modus operandi?

May be, someone with deep pocket pays Saam Zangeneh to avoid sp --- ing the beans. May be Sigfredo Garcia is a Priapean man in need of attention, hence his (potential) desire for becoming the trial’s star. Garcia wears a tux in court, according to Rivera.

Why are the attorneys for both defendants, Zangeneh and the Kawass sisters, all have cacoepy?

he had nothing - the judge sounded like he knew he was just stretching the time (how much exact alcohol/cocaine they consumed...) judge: move on.
Did I hear the judge admonish him for repeating himself?

If the attorney doesn't have much to work with (real important points to make) I guess he reckoned repeating would somehow make it all "appear" important.

As I haven't been able to watch the trial live, I'm curious. What are the attorney's mispronouncing?

I think given Garcia's ethnic background it's reasonable to infer that machismo, or "being a man" is part of who he is. I'm not sure that translates into a desire to be a star of the show. Not sure he'd have anything to gain from that.

No idea where the money is coming from for the attorney fees. Maybe the embezzling sister-in-law?

~E

Saam Zangeneh, attorney originally from Iran known for settling criminal cases out of trial, has a reputation of being expen$$ive. I wonder 1) how could Sigfredo Garcia afford the services of Saam Zangeneh? and 2) why was Saam Zangeneh unable to settle the case prior going to trial as his usual modus operandi?

May be, someone with deep pocket pays Saam Zangeneh to avoid sp --- ing the beans. May be Sigfredo Garcia is a Priapean man in need of attention, hence his (potential) desire for becoming the trial’s star. Garcia wears a tux in court, according to Rivera.

Why are the attorneys for both defendants, Zangeneh and the Kawass sisters, all have cacoepy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz