GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got out of my car after a long drive. Listened to all the episodes. I respect our legal system with that being said ...it infuriates me how long it takes for justice to come about. My heart goes out to Dan's family, friends and especially his children. It makes me sick to think of the Adelson's just going about their lives. I am praying and hoping for real justice to take its course.
^^MOO, IMO, JMO, Etc^^

Listening to 3rd episode - audio of Wendy at the police station calling her mother and telling her Dan has been shot and probably won't make it, and she needs her mother to come to Tallahassee. I hear her mother say "what!" incredulously about the news but don't hear her ask anything about the circumstances -- where? who? etc.

I came here because of the podcast. I have been listening and I cannot believe Wendi has not been arrested yet! Interested to catch up on the facts here. I assume that Magbuana, Garcia, etc. have been promised a hell of a lot more than $100k if they continue to zip their lips and serve their time.

I came here because of the podcast. I have been listening and I cannot believe Wendi has not been arrested yet! Interested to catch up on the facts here. I assume that Magbuana, Garcia, etc. have been promised a hell of a lot more than $100k if they continue to zip their lips and serve their time.
Welcome to Ws Vintage Cupcake!

I just listened to the fifth episode of Over My Dead Body titled "The Maestro." I had to come here to tell you guys how much my eyes were rolling when I heard that Charlie A. gave himself the nickname "The Maestro" and that he has a plate on his Ferrari with that on it. Insert my eyes rolling out of my head here. Great episode. Charlie is so very full of himself. After listening to this episode in particular, I cannot believe this dude hasn't been arrested. I will open a bottle of champagne if he ever is. He just comes off so .. pretentious. << Only My Opinion>>

I just listened to the fifth episode of Over My Dead Body titled "The Maestro." I had to come here to tell you guys how much my eyes were rolling when I heard that Charlie A. gave himself the nickname "The Maestro" and that he has a plate on his Ferrari with that on it. Insert my eyes rolling out of my head here. Great episode. Charlie is so very full of himself. After listening to this episode in particular, I cannot believe this dude hasn't been arrested. I will open a bottle of champagne if he ever is. He just comes off so .. pretentious. << Only My Opinion>>

Where does this case stand today, February 26, 2019?

I am surprised Charlie and his mother are still free and have not been arrested.

Another shock to me, is that Magbuana has not spilled the beans. They Must have scared her to death with something like taking the life of her children if she speaks. JMO.

Why would a payoff be beneficial to her if she is getting a jail sentence, plus the years already spent in jail?

A case where money talks and the justice system is not what it should be. IMO.

Where does this case stand today, February 26, 2019?

Here's what I have:

Next hearing:

Tuesday, May 21st:
*Final Pretrial Hearing for both (@ 10:30am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - *Sigfredo Garcia (34) arrested & charged (5/25/16) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy & solicitation of murder. Plead not guilty. DP case.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder.
*Katherine Magbanua (32) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy & solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty.
KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
6/21/18 Update: On 6/19 hearing SG’s lawyers failed to show. On 6/20 hearing DA gets to merge SG & KM trials together. Next pretrial hearing 9/18 & 10/4, trial starts 10/8/18.
9/18/18 Update: A trial for two people accused of killing Florida State law professor Dan Markel will not go on as planned next month. A motion by Katherine Magbanua’s attorneys, to continue the case due to one of them needing ongoing medical treatments (one of Magbanua's attorneys has been battling a "life-threatening medical condition".), was accepted by Leon Circuit Judge James Hankinson. Their trials remain joined. Both return for a case management hearing on 11/19. Trial will likely be delayed until at least March."
11/19/18 Update: Another delay Monday when the pair appeared before Leon Circuit Court Judge James Hankinson without any legal representation. Hankinson moved the case management conference to Tuesday (11/20). Garcia’s attorney may handle the case management conference by phone & Magbanua’s attorney, apparently from Miami, will probably appear in the court on Tuesday, according to one of the judge’s assistants. Both defendants will be tried together, unless one or both choose to change their pleas.
11/20/18 Update: Final Pretrial hearing on 5/21, and trial is set for 6/3.

Accomplice:
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder.
Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.
POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson

I’ve still got to catch the latest podcast episode. What kind of narcissistic people are Wendi’s family? Dan didn’t deserve this at all. I hope the true “maestro” of this murder plot gets exposed soon. The person(s) who planned this and hired the hit need to face justice. jmo.

I listened to the last of the episodes of the "Over My Dead Body" podcast today. The series is well done, but ultimately left me very frustrated. It provided some additional color about the troubled relationship between DM and WA, and the interviews with Robert Adelson -- who clearly suspects that his brother CA and perhaps others in his family were involved in DM's murder -- were very interesting. (Can you imagine if you suspected that your brother, and perhaps your parents, were murderers?) However, as far as I could tell, the podcast did not actually reveal any new evidence linking any of the Adelsons to the murder (beyond the voluminous evidence already revealed by prosecutors), and very little in the podcast would be new to anyone who has followed the case on this message board.

And the podcast failed to answer one of the case's biggest remaining mysteries: Why would KM -- who is facing murder charges that could result in her spending the rest of her life in prison -- refuse the prosecution's offer of full immunity, which would let her walk out of jail and into the arms of her kids, whom she presumably loves and misses? In an interview in the final episode, prosecutor Georgia Cappleman admitted that she has no clue why KM would not accept what seems to be an extremely generous offer.

Looks like we will have to wait until the June trial to learn more.

Dateline: Wife of Murdered Dan Markel Defended By Miami Billionaire

March 16, 2019

"The Dateline episode “Cold-Blooded” investigates the brutal murder of Florida State University College of Law professor Dan Markel. ...

Dateline airs Saturdays at 8 pm on ABC."

March 16, 2019

"The Dateline episode “Cold-Blooded” investigates the brutal murder of Florida State University College of Law professor Dan Markel. ...

Dateline airs Saturdays at 8 pm on ABC."

Strange that this article is so current. The Dateline special ran about a year ago. Did NBC run it again as a repeat recently? To my knowledge the episode has never been available after its initial run. Unlike with most other episodes, it was never made available on the NBC/Dateline website. The network was also pretty aggressive with removing unauthorized copies on Youtube.

In fact, since this aired, there has been another Dateline story with the title "In Cold Blood", which has nothing to do with the Markel murder.

My assumption is that NBC was concerned about legal reprisal - though it never actually accused Wendi of having direct involvement. Nonetheless, Wendi's billionaire boss to come out pretty strongly against the content of the episode at the time it was released (as this article indicates).

A minor note - the above article states that Dateline is an ABC show but it's actually an NBC show. There may some confusion because, Youtube has a bunch of videos purporting to be the Dateline episode, but they actually contained a previous 20/20 special on the crime.

Strange that this article is so current. The Dateline special ran about a year ago. Did NBC run it again as a repeat recently? To my knowledge the episode has never been available after its initial run. Unlike with most other episodes, it was never made available on the NBC/Dateline website. The network was also pretty aggressive with removing unauthorized copies on Youtube.

In fact, since this aired, there has been another Dateline story with the title "In Cold Blood", which has nothing to do with the Markel murder.

My assumption is that NBC was concerned about legal reprisal - though it never actually accused Wendi of having direct involvement. Nonetheless, Wendi's billionaire boss to come out pretty strongly against the content of the episode at the time it was released (as this article indicates).

A minor note - the above article states that Dateline is an ABC show but it's actually an NBC show. There may some confusion because, Youtube has a bunch of videos purporting to be the Dateline episode, but they actually contained a previous 20/20 special on the crime.

BBM: Yes, Dateline just reran this episode Saturday night, 03/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx