GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TTF14, definitely listen. What they did to this son will enrage you, for certain. Prejudice against his Indian-born girlfriend (from WA, you know that wonderfully “accepting-of-immigrants” WA) caused him to almost destroy his personal life and that of another woman caught up in the drama. It was heart wrenching, but he managed to see through it, get untangled from them, and then after the murder, he has severed ties.

Maybe everybody has seen this long ago but if you look up DMs old legal blog, (search for prawfsblawg) which is still online, and search posts for the first name of his ex it brings up a post from summer 2005. The wedding of the '0ther' A brother. This post has an eerie in retrospect pic of CA, DA, HA smiling at the photographer whom I assume was DM.
(Not sure if it is against TOS to link blog posts)

Last edited:
Maybe everybody has seen this long ago but if you look up DMs old legal blog, (search for prawfsblawg) which is still online, and search posts for the first name of his ex it brings up a post from summer 2005. The wedding of the '0ther' A brother. This post has an eerie in retrospect pic of CA, DA, HA smiling at the photographer whom I assume was DM.
(Not sure if it is against TOS to link blog posts)
IIRC, the brother’s marriage lasted 4 months! Then he divorced and married the one he truly loved...against the family’s objections. (But remember...WA loves immigrants!)

IIRC, the brother’s marriage lasted 4 months! Then he divorced and married the one he truly loved...against the family’s objections. (But remember...WA loves immigrants!)
I think this was the marriage to the wife he is still married to-- the one who also talked on the OMDB podcast.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm! Good catch. She certainly didn’t look like she was dressed to go to a nice place to for lunch that day. I know this is Florida and we can be very casual here, but she looked like she was dressed to do housework or yard work, or some other dirty work.

I just looked up Mozaik restaurant in Tallahassee where she said she was going for lunch.

It is closed now per Yelp, but it was a pretty high-priced French restaurant.

Out of my price range for a lunch most definitely Moo.

And most definitely it would not be one that I would dress as she did with the "owl/Tuto" t-shirt as was described as a semi-formal restaurant. Moo

I'd like to revisit
1)her podcast that she had at one time, and
2)also her writings that she did when she wrote a fictional piece about a Hiawassee Springs woman who hated the town she lived in. Name if it was " this is our story" by Wendi Adelson

Does anybody have quick accessible link that they could throw up here so I could review both of them before Tuesday? Are both of them still on the internet? Thank you in advance.

Garcia and "Kaddie" share children and perhaps have a common goal to put the Edelson family under the bus.

I'm going over Friday's testimony, and it appears that Katie's lawyer is really going after the Adelson family and is putting out information which is detrimental. Her attorney also got in the record who the girlfriend was a Katie at the beach a few weeks before the murder. They got her name out there and I wonder why?

This is Florida with Sunshine laws, have they released the entire defense and prosecution witnesses that they have subpoenaed for the trial that are accessible and somebody has a link for?

They brought Wendi’s Ex BF for questioning...but not CA. When LE asks to speak with you
Yes, eerie..... I can just hear the voiceover on an intro to an Investigation Discovery episode...."One day, these three people will arrange my murder..."
I want to watch this later! How can I find it?

I'd like to revisit
1)her podcast that she had at one time, and
2)also her writings that she did when she wrote a fictional piece about a Hiawassee Springs woman who hated the town she lived in. Name if it was " this is our story" by Wendi Adelson

Does anybody have quick accessible link that they could throw up here so I could review both of them before Tuesday? Are both of them still on the internet? Thank you in advance.

Garcia and "Kaddie" share children and perhaps have a common goal to put the Edelson family under the bus.

I'm going over Friday's testimony, and it appears that Katie's lawyer is really going after the Adelson family and is putting out information which is detrimental. Her attorney also got in the record who the girlfriend was a Katie at the beach a few weeks before the murder. They got her name out there and I wonder why?

This is Florida with Sunshine laws, have they released the entire defense and prosecution witnesses that they have subpoenaed for the trial that are accessible and somebody has a link for?
AUDIO, WA podcast.
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...MvMjM2MDg5NTMy&hl=en-CA&ep=6&at=1569800060643
writing class radio
Wendi Tells the Story of her Ex-husband’s Murder. Writing Is an Exercise in Trust.
2 Dec 2015 · 23 min · (20.7 MB)

Breakdown of the book..
The Dan Markel Case: Insights From Wendi Adelson’s Novel

"It’s not hard to find similarities between Wendi’s art and life, as noted by Dybbuk:
In the novel, Lily, a lawyer in her early thirties, gives up a thriving corporate practice in DC to follow her seemingly bright and sweet, if exasperatingly blunder-prone, new husband Josh Stone to “this Godforsaken place”—namely, “North Florida State University” in “Hiawassee Springs,” where Josh holds a professorship. Unfortunately, Josh installs Lily in what he describes as an “adorable, cozy” country house that he has just rented without realizing that the place is infested with cockroaches. Lily overcomes her disgust at her new digs and the boredom of small town life by hooking up with a nonprofit and becoming a pro bono immigration attorney specializing in helping trafficked women, the only one in a 300-mile radius.

Followers of the case will recall that Wendi Adelson, after marrying Dan Markel in 2006, followed him to Tallahassee, where he took a professorship at Florida State University and she became a clinical professor focusing on human trafficking cases.

The book review continues:

The Lily chapters are notable for the character’s increasing contempt for her husband. Lily criticizes Josh for his short stature (“He is my same height, which is something I had never considered pre-Joshua, because I had already determined that my dating window extended only from 6 foot two to 6 foot 4”), his pouting, his habit of calling her “Lilybillygoat” under the misimpression that it is endearing, his insincerity in asking what she wants him to make for dinner when he had already begun preparing spaghetti and pasta sauce (“I think dinner’s going to be really good, sweetie…. Josh looked really proud of himself, like he just climbed an icy mountain in winter time instead of preparing a simple meal like I do for him every single night”), and his stupid career advice, often delivered in the infuriatingly triumphant tone of someone who “had just invented a solution to global warming.” But Lily especially resents her husband’s constant pressure for children, which Lily herself finds perplexing in that she wants children too."

Outside the Law School Scam: Wendi Adelson's criminally lousy novel, "This is Our Story"

https://www.amazon.com/This-Our-Sto...er-20&linkId=a54799fac95207a7f3c737495537f482

Screenshot of her interview the day of his murder when they picked her up when she was going to/at a semi-formal French restaurant. She was wearing the owl black T-shirt and gray cotton gym shorts? But, I guess she was picked up at the restaurant so I guess that's what she wore. Perhaps I have the restaurant incorrect that I listed above as Mozaik.

Source 20/20

Attachments

• 20190929_193344.jpg
    20190929_193344.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 30
I see these two names and just think Tater Tots :oops:

Also, is it true an "unnamed person" was (and still is) paying KB's legal defense?

And, does everyone think there is enough money trail evidence leading back to CA? (Or is the lack of evidence the reason he hasn't been arrested... Yet?)

Those guys sure did have a lot of cash coming in when they did the hit.

Luis said that his payment of $30,000 were in increments of ten $100 bills stapled together for each $1,000 iirc.

Who Staples together $1,000 and then has 30 of those stapled $100 dollar bills together for payment. That was so strange when I heard that in Rivera's interview.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in a prior post, but I find it interesting that so far, there has been no mention of the 3rd Adelson sibling. He spoke on the “Over My Dead Body” podcast. He is a physician, doesn’t live in Florida. After DM’s murder, he chooses not to have a relationship with the other family members. After what he suffered due to their meddling in his private life, it was fairly clear he believes they are capable, if not culpable for the hit. The 3rd Adelson offspring obviously has a moral compass, therefore chooses to limit his own family’s exposure to them. MOO, but he’s the one who escaped, to his credit.

He's not a suspect, nor do I think anyone here thinks he is involved at all. He is estranged, and I think out of respect, no one is even mentioning his name here or talking about him at all. Out of respect and he has nothing to do with this case. M o o

And yes, kudos for him on talking out on the podcast and kudos for recognizing him for such!

Last edited:
I
Those guys sure did have a lot of cash coming in when they did the hit.

Luis said that his payment of $30,000 were in increments of ten $100 bills stapled together for each $1,000 iirc.

Who Staples together $1,000 and then has 30 of those stapled dollar bills together for payment. That was so strange when I heard that in Rivera's interview.

I thought it was odd that Luis seemed to say in the interview that he put the 30 grand in his pants pocket. That's a lot of bills.

Also, I think the DA asked Wendi if there was a safe with cash in it at her parents' house and Wendi said she wasn't aware of that or that there wasn't one -- something like that... Anyway, maybe the DA's theory is that the cash for the hit was in the (alleged) safe... If the cops had seen a recent large bank withdrawal they would certainly be focusing on that ... but maybe the cops think the money was in the safe for awhile and can't tie it to a bank transaction. JMO.

IMO mommy, daddy and brother Charlie kept everything from her.
I still don’t really understand why none of the Adelson’s haven’t been charged with anything. Especially CA. I know the SA said they don’t have enough evidence — but people have been charged with lot less evidence before. I also read that they won’t be charged.
I believe WA/CA/DA will be charged one way or the other in the future. The three of them in my opinion are equally involved with this murder. The State is waiting for KM to flip, but I think she is stuck between a rock and a hard place with SG facing the death penalty. Once they get convicted and have their Lawyers running around looking for deals you will start seeing things moving swiftly for Lady Justice.

Last edited:
I have to say, I really like Katie's attorney. That doesn't mean I think Katie is innocent. But I like the attorney.

I like the woman attorney she has Tara Kawass better then the male attorney (I think he's called Chrstopher DeCoste).

I know Georgia Cappleman has a hard job because this is a massive case with tons of somewhat tedious records that need to be formally entered into evidence. But I find her drone and sardonic quality kind of annoying and I remember thinking that years ago when I saw the 20/20 special. I feel for this jury they are going to be listening to a long long case.

I

I thought it was odd that Luis seemed to say in the interview that he put the 30 grand in his pants pocket. That's a lot of bills.

Also, I think the DA asked Wendi if there was a safe with cash in it at her parents' house and Wendi said she wasn't aware of that or that there wasn't one -- something like that... Anyway, maybe the DA's theory is that the cash for the hit was in the (alleged) safe... If the cops had seen a recent large bank withdrawal they would certainly be focusing on that ... but maybe the cops think the money was in the safe for awhile and can't tie it to a bank transaction. JMO.

I bet the theory is the dental practice or at least CA does a lot of cash money business and has access to a lot of untraceable cash. Kind of like a wannabe gangster/ gum surgeon.

I

When I heard in Rivera's interview that they were stapled together, $100 bills stapled 10 together in $1,000 increments, I realized that they probably were not directly received from a bank withdrawal. That they were potentially previously stored somewhere in increments.

Moo

I believe WA/CA/DA will be charged one way or the other in the future. The three of them in my opinion are equally involved with this murder. The State is waiting for KM to flip, but I think she is stuck between a rock and a hard place with SG facing the death penalty. Once they get convicted and have their Lawyers running around looking for deals you will start seeing things moving swiftly for Lady Justice.

Can, After they get convicted and sentenced, can one of them (both?) get a reduction due to "substantial information against another person" in the state of Florida?

In other words, Is it like the state of South Carolina where you can do a deal within one year after you are sentenced? (I know that, Moo, from the Heather Elvis case that that can be done, but I'm not sure about Florida.)

I wonder if they will get a better deal within that one year after they are sentenced and convicted, versus doing it before the trial ends that they are currently having?

I guess that is their question also... as Katie and Garcia share children together.

Last edited:
After they get convicted and sentenced, can get a reduction due to a substantial information for another person in the state.

In other words, Is it like the state of South Carolina where you can do a deal with in one year after you are sentenced? (I know that, Moo, from the Heather Elvis case that that can be done, but I'm not sure about Florida.

I wonder if they will get a better deal with in that one year after they are sentenced and convicted versus doing it before the trial ends that they are currently having? I guess that is their question also as Katie and Garcia share children together.

I was wondering that too.....after watching Sidney Moorer's trial and learning about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1