GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendi's testimony seemed so familiar to me and it's been driving me absolutely crazy trying to figure out why. It finally just came to me--her responses (ie: "that sounds right") sound just like Jodi Arias.

Wendi's testimony seemed so familiar to me and it's been driving me absolutely crazy trying to figure out why. It finally just came to me--her responses (ie: "that sounds right") sound just like Jodi Arias.

I thought the same exact thing. Even the makeup that Jodi used to wear.

At 1.26.00 about, she is questioned on if she got any of the insurance money. She said that Danny owed her $100,000. Do we know what that was for? Her divorce attornies?

There was a time when women in court would have hair up in a bun or cut short in order to appear respectable, professional ect.
It is interesting (and good!) to not only see the number of female attorneys in the courtroom, but also that many wore their hair loose and very long!
Curious to know if that is a trend particular to Florida, or is it a general trend for female lawyers?
Is there a subliminal power of sorts associated with the loose long hair, ie. the "Sampson" effect, cut your hair/lose your strength, is it an asset of sorts in the courtroom?
imo, speculation.fwiw rbbm.

Now You Know: How Did Long Hair Become a Thing for Women?
"Hair is highly communicative, says Stenn, allowing individuals to send “messages of health, sexuality, religiosity, power” on first glance. It can be an expression of individual and group identity, and the the more attention a person (often a woman) is expected to devote to it, the more it can say. The scholar Deborah Pergament has written that hair’s cultural and historic implications can be legally significant. “Inferences and judgments about a person’s morality, sexual orientation, political persuasion, religious sentiments and, in some cultures, socio-economic status,” she notes, “can sometimes be surmised by seeing a particular hairstyle.”

Stenn, a former professor of pathology and dermatology at Yale who was also the director of skin biology at Johnson & Johnson, believes that health is perhaps the root cause of hair’s significance. “In order to have long hair you have to be healthy,” he says. “You have to eat well, have no diseases, no infectious organisms, you have to have good rest and exercise.”

Stenn also notes the practical difficulties of long hair: “In order to have long hair you have to have your needs in life taken care of.” So long hair is also a status symbol, especially when it comes to complex hairstyles that require someone else to help you do them, which “implies you have the wealth to do it.”

Rewatching the 20/20 special ‘In Laws and Outlaws’ which is on YouTube.

When Wendi was interviewed by police the day of the shooting what was she wearing? A T-shirt with an OWL on it.
View attachment 206864

IMO...Unbenownst to the deceased....He was paying for his own hit! More than likely this was all figured into the actual payment to KM/SG/LR for the job. I believe the cost of the job was $100K. No coincidence!

Oh my gosh, all the coincidences. As Joe Kenda would say, there are no such thing as coincidence.

Then she said on the stand this week that he owed her $100,000, and that is how much that the killers were paid, wow!

That she was wearing an owl t-shirt on the day he was murdered, and a picture of the owl was posted the night before by one of the murderers, wow!

And the jury will know none of this. It reminds me of the Caylee Anthony case and the Jodi Arias case where we knew so much, and the jury never knew it.

Good catch guys!!! I'll perhaps spend the day off court tomorrow reviewing some of the old stuff to see if there is anything else that might have been missed that seems important now.

I wish there was a way that the owl instagram photo and then her photo with owl shirt could be shown right together so the jury couldn't miss it.

I wonder what else is between the lines that only folks here might catch, but will never be presented to the jury.

Last edited:
W
Aka KADDIE as we learned today was programmed into the phone as to her name

:D
When was the last time WA called KADDIE? If they don't have it on her phone, I'm pretty sure they have it on KADDIE's. They didn't ask because they wouldn't have been able to use it when they bring her to trial down the road because of the immunity deal. IMO, the Prosecution is in an indirect way letting her know her days are numbered because they have everything... the phone calls, nicknames, etc. Just tying up a few loose ends before they put the cuffs on her.

Last edited:
IMO...Unbenownst to the deceased....He was paying for his own hit! More than likely this was all figured into the actual payment to KM/SG/LR for the job. I believe the cost of the job was $100K. No coincidence!
When Parent Relocation is Murder - RONALD KAUFFMAN
"The trial of two of the alleged perpetrators, Sigfredo Garcia, one of the alleged gunmen, and Katherine Magbanua, the alleged go-between who set up the murder, began this week.

A third man formally accused in the plot — Luis Rivera — says he joined Garcia on the hit and agreed to split $100K with the other two. Rivera already took a plea and will be the star witness.

Unfortunately, Rivera can’t give police the one thing they don’t have: a case against the people who offered up the $100,000 payment he says the crew were promised."
Can someone explain the Kaddie reference—I missed that totally. Someone’s phone contact? Thanks !!
Katie M.

Tuto is Garcia’s nickname!!
I have been lurking here and very interested in this case in particular as I was living nearby in July 2014 and remember it well and was also going through a brutal divorce - that ended very badly as well but I was lucky enough to escape with my life...

Last edited:
Origins of the Scientific Names
Tytonidae: All barn owls are members of this family. The name is derived from the Greek word "tuto", which means "owl". Aegolius: A Latin word for bird of prey. It is also similar to the Greek word "aigolios" meaning a bird that is an evil omen.Aug 4, 2015
Owlish words, meanings & origins - The Owl Pages

https://www.owlpages.com › owls › articles

:thud:

What were the two nicknames of Garcia and Luis?

I can't remember which one was which, and did we ever get the exact spelling spelled out in the interview that Louis did on the stand this week?

ETA Tuto is Garcia, was Tito or Tyto Luis' nick?

Also JMO but I found Wendi almost condescending on the stand. I too was on the fence as far as her involvement but am off it now. She knew and she is evil. I truly believe that she, Charlie and Donna will be arrested. Whether or not she and Donna will be convicted is another story...
Feel so badly for the Markel family. I can’t imagine their anguish.

Oh my! Took the thoughts right out of my head! Last night I was re listening to her testimony and when she kept saying “that’s right” - I thought of Jodi Arias immediately. Something tells me they could be cut from the same cloth.

Also JMO but I found Wendi almost condescending on the stand. I too was on the fence as far as her involvement but am off it now. She knew and she is evil. I truly believe that she, Charlie and Donna will be arrested. Whether or not she and Donna will be convicted is another story...

Yes, she couldn't wait for an opportunity to send the "I'm lawyer too" message....."Are you asking me to speculate?" when asked if her family is wealthy....."No, I'm just asking you if your family is wealthy...." lol She pulled out the lawyer card when it didn't even make sense. It made her look dumb.

I can’t either. To have Danny murdered like that, and the Adelson’s are still walking free, living their lives, raising Danny’s boys - and The Markels being kept away from them. It’s hard to imagine what pain, pure anguish, anger and frustration they must feel on a daily basis!

Rewatching the 20/20 special ‘In Laws and Outlaws’ which is on YouTube.

When Wendi was interviewed by police the day of the shooting what was she wearing? A T-shirt with an OWL on it.
View attachment 206864
This is suspect I think! A 35 year old law professor wore this out to a lunch at a nice place?

I can’t either. To have Danny murdered like that, and the Adelson’s are still walking free, living their lives, raising Danny’s boys - and The Markels being kept away from them. It’s hard to imagine what pain, pure anguish, anger and frustration they must feel on a daily basis!

I can't even fathom the level of anger and resentment. I really can't :(. I hope they are able to lean on their faith community for some comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces