GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was noted in the arrest affidavits I think when phones were powered on and power it off by SG and LR, In addition to other places.

It was easy to put together that after the murder they left Tallahassee and then powered their phones back on. Iirc 1st contact by SG was to KM. It was almost around that time that Wendi left her house.

I had notes on it but I cannot find it right now and perhaps somebody else has such or will do such in the near future.
Wondering who called Katie first? Was it CA? If so, how did he know the job was done?

Wendi did a drive-by (and we have every indication she did...she testified she saw the crime scene tape and cops). She knew then it was a done deal. Would she be so stupid as to call or text CA or DA and maybe even use a code word?

On cross Garcia's attorney asked the witness if after-hour calls to the dental practice are forwarded directly to Harvey's cell and, if that was the case, whether the phone records would reflect the call being to Harvey's number rather than the practice. The witness said he did not know the answer to either question. So seems Garcia is claiming it was a call to the dental practice that got automatically forwarded to Harvey's cell?? JMO.

Pfft, typical defense misdirection. How many of you have a doctor it has a practice that after hours is automatically directed to their personal (unlisted?) Personal cellular phone? Understanding that you could possibly press 1, press 2, press 3 to get to an after hours number, but it still would be connected to the first one. M o o

Pfft, typical defense misdirection. How many of you have a doctor it has a practice that after hours is automatically directed to their personal (unlisted?) Personal cellular phone? Understanding that you could possibly press 1, press 2, press 3 to get to an after hours number, but it still would be connected to the first one. M o o
Exactly. JMO.

Wondering who called Katie first? Was it CA? If so, how did he know the job was done?

Wendi did a drive-by (and we have every indication she did...she testified she saw the crime scene tape and cops). She knew then it was a done deal. Would she be so stupid as to call or text CA or DA and maybe even use a code word?
All the flurries of calls are listed in the affidavit here. The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

Donna and Charlie were exchanging calls within 15-20 minutes if the shooting (by 1115). Around 1130 Charlie and Katie are exchanging calls.
It's all very mysterious.

I agree it's misdirection.

KM makes call to HA also on July 1st, about two hours after SG call to HA. This affidavit describes July 1st as a day with tons of calls between CA/KM and KM/SG. http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

When listening to Rivera’s interview, didn’t he describe the call SG made to KM stating the job was done and LR says Katie already knew it? And he questioned how that was possible? Am I mis-remembering? And how would Katie have already known? Who called who and what times? All those call records in evidence, but I don’t recall any details coming out yet. Show a chart, Ms Cappleman and Ms Norris! Who called who after 11:00 am?
You aren't mis-remembering. I've
always wondered (and hoped) that perhaps Cappleman has withheld some of WA's calls that day to keep everyone in the dark. At the time, my thought was the only way KM could have known was through CA. And the only way that CA would have known is from someone who went by the crime scene-WA.

In the days before we didn't have to pay for long distance, I would call family and let the phone ring twice and then hang up. That was code for, "I made it home", thus saving myself long distance charges.

SO, my reasoning here is maybe WA did the same. Would there be an indication on her bill if she attempted a call but no one answered? Maybe there was a code- 2 rings means the deed has been done.

You aren't mis-remembering. I've
always wondered (and hoped) that perhaps Cappleman has withheld some of WA's calls that day to keep everyone in the dark. At the time, my thought was the only way KM could have known was through CA. And the only way that CA would have known is from someone who went by the crime scene-WA.

In the days before we didn't have to pay for long distance, I would call family and let the phone ring twice and then hang up. That was code for, "I made it home", thus saving myself long distance charges.

SO, my reasoning here is maybe WA did the same. Would there be an indication on her bill if she attempted a call but no one answered? Maybe there was a code- 2 rings means the deed has been done.
The DA would not have withheld calls. That would be an extremely serious discovery violation. I'm sure all phone records (including WA's) were turned over to the defendants in this case.

The prosecutor specifically asked WA on direct if she was in South Florida on July 1, 2014. My guess is that the significance of that date was it was the phone call from SG phone to HA cell phone. WA said something like she was in South Florida around then for her dad's birthday party but not sure of exact dates.
Not sure what prosecutor was trying to get at there but she did ask it specifically.

SG attorney, when questioning Inv Isom, was trying to suggest that call on July 1st which was between 5 and 530 pm on a weekday could have been a call made to the Adelson dental office that automatically rolled over to HA cell phone.
My guess was: suggesting SG was calling KM at her supposed workplace number ---and it's just a fluke it rolled over to the cell. The call was very short and Inv Isom said he thought that that could mean it went to voicemail. No data on if a voicemail left and Isom couldn't say about the 'rolling over from the dental office' possibility.

Of course it appears the plot was afoot by July 1st if the hitmen already made the first trip to Tallahassee in June. Not sure if the dates of that first trip. The picture of WA and KM at South Beach was mid-June?
The prosecutor specifically asked WA on direct if she was in South Florida on July 1, 2014. My guess is that the significance of that date was it was the phone call from SG phone to HA cell phone. WA said something like she was in South Florida around then for her dad's birthday party but not sure of exact dates.
Not sure what prosecutor was trying to get at there but she did ask it specifically.

SG attorney, when questioning Inv Isom, was trying to suggest that call on July 1st which was between 5 and 530 pm on a weekday could have been a call made to the Adelson dental office that automatically rolled over to HA cell phone.
My guess was: suggesting SG was calling KM at her supposed workplace number ---and it's just a fluke it rolled over to the cell. The call was very short and Inv Isom said he thought that that could mean it went to voicemail. No data on if a voicemail left and Isom couldn't say about the 'rolling over from the dental office' possibility.

Of course it appears the plot was afoot by July 1st if the hitmen already made the first trip to Tallahassee in June. Not sure if the dates of that first trip. The picture of WA and KM at South Beach was mid-June?

I'm trying to remember the first trip and the exact dates that the two went to Tally the first time were there.

But I do have my notes from listening to documentation from testimony as to when they were at the beach.

"June 15, fathers day, wendi and Charlie and katherine M with ( her name was stated in court but I won't repeat it) at south beach near parents condo. She, KM, was dating brother at time wendi said."

After midnight the night before the shooting KM is in contact with SG and then also in contact with CA. CA is in contact with his mother after 1am. Hmm a grown periodontist chatting with his mom that late at night curious.
Right after call to mom (DA) he calls KM for 20 min.

Next morn CA talking to WA for 18 min starring abut 919 ish. Maybe about that darn TV.
From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

I'm trying to remember the first trip and the exact dates that the two went to Tally the first time were there.

But I do have my notes from listening to documentation from testimony as to when they were at the beach.

"June 15, fathers day, wendi and Charlie and katherine M with ( her name was stated in court but I won't repeat it) at south beach near parents condo. She, KM, was dating brother at time wendi said."
Thank you I'm really confused on the timing of "the first trip" and the affidavits I see don't really explain it. The one place I saw it discussed at length was Riveras confession. I wish there was a transcript of his confession. They go up, after renting a Nissan?, both have guns, sounds like Rivera is supposed to be the shooter maybe, meet a 'crackhead', hotel hangout, don't really have luck getting to Markel so just go back. I don't recall anything in the trial so far on that?

I kind of don't get how the guys come back to South Florida, mission not accomplished, and at least from what Rivera says weeks go by before they head back. I would think whoever sent them on the mission would be really impatient with them!

ETA; sorry I should have looked harder! This affidavit puts Rivera and Garcia in Tallahassee from June 4-6, 2014 based on cell and other records. Rivera got a speeding ticket on this trip. 2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf

Last edited:

Wendi did a drive-by (and we have every indication she did...she testified she saw the crime scene tape and cops). She knew then it was a done deal. Would she be so stupid as to call or text CA or DA and maybe even use a code word?[/QUOT

Who else could have possibility known the deed was done before 12:29pm in Tallahassee?

Last edited:
All the flurries of calls are listed in the affidavit here. The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

Donna and Charlie were exchanging calls within 15-20 minutes if the shooting (by 1115). Around 1130 Charlie and Katie are exchanging calls.
It's all very mysterious.
They were checking to see, "has it happened yet?! Have you heard anything? Call your sister, but don't talk to her. Hang up after 2 rings! That's her code to go by DM's and check!"

Thank you I'm really confused on the timing of "the first trip" and the affidavits I see don't really explain it. The one place I saw it discussed at length was Riveras confession. I wish there was a transcript of his confession. They go up, after renting a Nissan?, both have guns, sounds like Rivera is supposed to be the shooter maybe, meet a 'crackhead', hotel hangout, don't really have luck getting to Markel so just go back. I don't recall anything in the trial so far on that?

I kind of don't get how the guys come back to South Florida, mission not accomplished, and at least from what Rivera says weeks go by before they head back. I would think whoever sent them on the mission would be really impatient with them!
Rivera got the speeding ticket on the first trip. I'm pretty sure the ticket was introduced into evidence at trial and discussed as I think Garcia's attorney made a big deal over the fact that the cop wrote on the tix that there was only a driver (Rivera) and no passenger. If you can find the part of the trial video with the ticket (first day I think?) you may be able to see the date of the tix.
ETA: Oh well, I see you edited a post above to include the first trip dates and the speeding tix.

Rivera got the speeding ticket on the first trip. I'm pretty sure the ticket was introduced into evidence at trial and discussed as I think Garcia's attorney made a big deal over the fact that the cop wrote on the tix that there was only a driver (Rivera) and no passenger. If you can find the part of the trial video with the ticket (first day I think?) you may be able to see the date of the tix.
Thanks!! I edited my post above--- this affidavit puts the first trip to Tally at June 4 to June 6, 2014.

2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member