GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, somehow defense didn't get all the evidence related to the other traffic ticket? Am I understanding correctly?

Correct. The State is not even sure it's relevant anyway. SG rented the silver car on June 2nd, got a ticket, and exchanged it for the black Nissan on June 3rd. Not sure what that even proves. He got the ticket in Miami.

Will Jury questions for this witness be enlightening?

Think the info for SG ticket is an unfortunate mistake in not being handled in a timely manner by the prosecution. Yet, agree, wasn't on trip, so who knows if issue on jury changing their view without or with that info.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 3h3 hours ago
We're back from lunch with one less juror. An alternate was excused because she is sick

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 3h3 hours ago
Court is back in session. Cross examination of Erica Johnson is beginning.

"FBI is here asking for records for Katie?" -EJ
"They asked did she work here and I said yeah but i don't know what you want." -EJ
"I would not speak to anybody but you can do whatever you want." - Charlie
Excerpts from Erika Johnson's phone call with Charlie Adelson.

We'll continue by playing the phone call between Charlie Adelson and the dental assistant as FBI investigators were trying to get employment records for Magbanua.
"Yeah she works here but I don't know what they want," the assistant said to Adelson

And she admits on the stand that employment records for Katherine Magbanua do exist and were provided via subpoena

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3h3 hours ago
The dental assistant said on the stand today that Katherine Magbanua didn't work at the dental office. However, when she called Charlie Adelson after the FBI asked for records, she said she told them that Magbanua did work there. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Johnson is now done. Next up is TPD Sgt. Chris Corbitt, he appeared on the stand earlier this week testifying about phone records.

Sgt. Chris Corbitt with TPD is back on the stand. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 1h1 hour ago
TPD cell phone investigator showing a flurry of calls among the Adelsons and among the defendants the day of Dan Markel’s murder @WCTV

He's talking about Rivera's cell phone locations and tower pings from Miami to Tallahassee during a first trip in June 2014 to kill or scout Markel

We're now going over cell phone records again. The focus begins on cell records for Rivera showing the trip from Miami to Tallahassee in June of 2014. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
I've gone a little silent because the testimony right now is basically using cell data to follow Rivera, Garcia, and Magbanua's every move. It's a little harder to tweet about. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1h1 hour ago
All of these phone calls occurred the day Markel was killed. This is the web of coconspirators investigators have been talking about
EF-apJTXUAAjHTB.jpg

I've been listening to Rivera's testimony and oh boy! I already knew a lot about this case because I watched Dateline (or 48 hours) and I remember back then thinking how stupid they were. And watching Rivera's testimony he just seems so detached. He couldn't even remember the victim's name at the beginning of the testimony. And renting a car, staying in a hotel, posting on social media, I mean how frikkin dumb do you have to be??? Geez! He doesn't seem to care that he's in prison - he seems so relaxed! I just don't even know what to say about him.

I'm about 10 minutes late in the feed, but earlier today when they broke sequestration and somebody tweeted about it, it's being spoken to the judge about such right now. It will be investigated.

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 4 Witnesses: Car Rental Worker & Elizabeth Richey - Ballistics

Oct 2, 2019

---

Trial Attorney Says Defense Is Trying To Chip Away At This Center Witness's Credibility

Oct 3, 2019

---

Fmr Prosecutor Says Witness Is Credible, Airing All Of His Skeletons For The Jury To See

Oct 3, 2019

Startling! While the live stream proceeding was interesting to those watching behind computer screens such as me, the judge perhaps would stop it from tomorrow. Also, he mentioned the possibility of sequestrating the jury.

So astonishing. It seems from local people in Tallahassee that factitious and excessively creative court room legerdemain from the State attorneys allowed the Magbanua defense team to perforate a hole in the prosecution’s case. All the LK family talks were to establish a doubt about who hired whom. At concluding argument, they will perhaps say that the foot soldier SG could not give orders to the born-in Inca. It could be the way around. A small reasonable doubt and ... now, SG may be off the hook. Magbanua lawyers seem to have established a reasonable doubt if the trigger man were SG or LR.

And she admits on the stand that employment records for Katherine Magbanua do exist and were provided via subpoena

Actually, the question about employee records eventually being provided via subpoena was not specific to Katherine. It was just "employee records." I took that to mean all employee records. There was no specific verification that employee records for KM were in there.

I don't care for this Karl Etters. He seems to extrapolate/misinterpret.

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 5 Jury Charge Conference

Oct 3, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 5 Witnesses: June Umchinda & Yindra Velazquez-Mascaro

Oct 3, 2019

---

L&C President Rachel Stockman Says This Case Really Is A Case Out Of A Movie, Murder For Hire

Oct 3, 2019

Startling! While the live stream proceeding was interesting to those watching behind computer screens such as me, the judge perhaps would stop it from tomorrow. Also, he mentioned the possibility of sequestrating the jury.

So astonishing. It seems from local people in Tallahassee that factitious and excessively creative court room legerdemain from the State attorneys allowed the Magbanua defense team to perforate a hole in the prosecution’s case. All the LK family talks were to establish a doubt about who hired whom. At concluding argument, they will perhaps say that the foot soldier SG could not give orders to the born-in Inca. It could be the way around. A small reasonable doubt and ... now, SG may be off the hook. Magbanua lawyers seem to have established a reasonable doubt if the trigger man were SG or LR.

I'm not following everything you're saying (language barrier maybe?) but SG will not be "off the hook." Perhaps he will not receive the death penalty, though.

I hope the judge doesn't stop the live stream!! This same thing happened in Tammy Moorer's kidnapping case in October '18, but they "caught in time" and the witnesses were just not allowed to testify. They were defense witnesses.

I'm not following everything you're saying (language barrier maybe?) but SG will not be "off the hook." Perhaps he will not receive the death penalty, though.

I hope the judge doesn't stop the live stream!! This same thing happened in Tammy Moorer's kidnapping case in October '18, but they "caught in time" and the witnesses were just not allowed to testify. They were defense witnesses.

He didn't say anything about stopping live streaming.

They claim it wasn't part of the pile of evidence left for them yesterday and during previous opportunities to review the evidence, it wasn't made clear that it was added.

I hope the judge doesn't stop the live stream!! This same thing happened in Tammy Moorer's kidnapping case in October '18, but they "caught in time" and the witnesses were just not allowed to testify? They were defense witnesses.
Maybe that was exactly what was trying to be done here. Who were these live stream violators going to hurt with their testimony? The defense or the prosecution? Who would benefit if they were not allowed to testify? All the tricks in the book are being used in this case. The traffic ticket at the end of today's hearing is another one. Where the prosecution emails the defense and says come over and review what they have for evidence and the defense emails back then don't show up and claims this particular evidence was hidden from him. The Judge fell for it hook, line and sinker. Result evidence not allowed in. IMO.

Last edited:

When did he talk about sequestering the jury?

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 5 Witnesses: Clariza Lebredo & Erika Johnson

Oct 3, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 5 Witnesses: Erika Johnson - Dental Assistant at Adelson Institute & Sgt Chris Corbitt - Digital Forensic Examiner

Oct 3, 2019

Very worrisome. Imo

ETA. Nevermind! On second thought I don't believe the whole LK who can/can't order who/whom is enough to get SG off the hook at all.

Last edited:
I hate having to do this but I missed some of today’s testimony. Can someone quickly explain about the live streaming issue? TIA.

Where was the legerdemain? The "stapled" money backed up by an old girlfriend and received by LR for his part in the hit?
In the trial I have been watching so far it doesn't look good for all three of them, CA/SG and KM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne