GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the silver Nissan they were driving on the first trip to Tallahassee similar model to the car Jeff Lacasse said he was driving at the time he was dating WA? Think the car model he drove was a question from the jury.

Glad you brought that up because I thought about it at the time they talked about the rental car. JL said he was driving a 2004 4 door Silver Nisson Sentra at that time. It was a response to a juror question.

Is the silver Nissan they were driving on the first trip to Tallahassee similar model to the car Jeff Lacasse said he was driving at the time he was dating WA? Think the car model he drove was a question from the jury.

That stood out in my mind, as well. I think JL said he drove a silver Nissan, but I remember specifically, he said it was a 2004. If SG’s silver Nissan was a rental, I imagine it would be a much later model.

They weren't driving a silver one, IIRC. The original car that was rented for that trip was silver and turned in for a black one the next day (before they left).

Watching Rivera’s cross exam and I gotta say he’s composed and makes Garcia’s defense atty look like a total jerk! And I’m loving this Judge! OMG I wish all judges were like this. I love it when these arrogant attys get smacked around by judges! Lol.

Sorry I know I’m behind.

I kinda got lost at the end (partly because I was listening on my phone when I left my house to go buy wine), but I believe the defense poked some holes in what Rivera said about SG and KM being in communication during the murder trip (or maybe the June trip?) They were able to say that SG and KM were not in "constant contact" as Rivera asserted. But I probably missed some stuff because it was so very tedious.
Puzzle still remains though: who is paying for their fees and why? They are not from wealthy families at all. What third party is that deeply invested in seeing them acquitted? And I also wonder if the Adelsons didn't gin up some sham corporation that they funded to be on record as the payer, concealing the real source of funds.
According to testimony KM delivered $100,000 in stapled money for Her, SG and LR. to divide up... She knows somebody with money. I wonder if her Lawyers have checked for any staple holes in the payments being made for her through her personal representative.

Do y’all think that the defense attorneys are being paid by the Adelsons? They have no choice but to go for the Adelsons at this point and it just seems like they would not be willing to go for that... but I can’t see how they could afford these attorneys on their own.
and on another note I don’t know why but I’m shocked that this family is that wealthy. I guess dentists in Florida do better than I thought!

Last edited:
Random: I know it's a defense tactic and probably what they all learned in law school, but I can't stand the constant "You'd agree with me...." instead of asking a question. It's manipulative and I do not like it.

Also, why would you ever want to be a defense attorney if you have to resort to taking a case like this? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Do y’all think that that defense attorneys are being paid by the Adelsons? They have no choice but to go for the Adelsons at this point and it just seems like they would not be willing to go for that... but I can’t see how they could afford these attorneys on their own.
and on another note I don’t know why but I’m shocked that this family is that wealthy. I guess dentists in Florida do better than I thought!

I think they have real estate, etc. too. That can be super lucrative, and if you already have money from being a dentist to invest.....even more so.

Random: I know it's a defense tactic and probably what they all learned in law school, but I can't stand the constant "You'd agree with me...." instead of asking a question. It's manipulative and I do not like it.

Also, why would you ever want to be a defense attorney if you have to resort to taking a case like this? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Perhaps these defense attorneys put themselves to sleep by counting their $$?

I just found myself humming Greenback Boogie

What rankles me is when Rivera asks for a question to be repeated and Garcia’s def atty says “sure I’d be happy to do that for you” or something like that. I get that defense attys have to make these accomplices look bad and they do that by getting them defensive. But stuff like that just makes the atty look like a jerk. These hardened criminals are cool as cucumbers on the stand. They are killers. They’re not going to lose their temper when they know the game being played and their lives are on the line.

I think they have real estate, etc. too. That can be super lucrative, and if you already have money from being a dentist to invest.....even more so.
If her Lawyers had any brains they should be explaining to their client there is no chance in hell she is going to walk away from this one unless she gives up the big fish. Like Gravano gave up Gotti.

Last edited:
What rankles me is when Rivera asks for a question to be repeated and Garcia’s def atty says “sure I’d be happy to do that for you” or something like that. I get that defense attys have to make these accomplices look bad and they do that by getting them defensive. But stuff like that just makes the atty look like a jerk. These hardened criminals are cool as cucumbers on the stand. They are killers. They’re not going to lose their temper when they know the game being played and their lives are on the line.
Especially, when they have nothing to worry about if they remain telling the truth. Rivera wasn't a cool cucumber when he was in isolation at the Tallahassee County Jail facing the death penalty with the evidence they had on him. Isn't it ironic that the most illiterate one of the bunch of them was smart enough to take a deal. Where do I sign.

If her Lawyers had any brains they should be explaining to their client there is no chance in hell she is going to walk away from this one unless she gives up the big fish. Like Gravano gave up Gotti.

Maybe the attorneys were told they'd only get paid if they saw the trial through to conclusion? Full disclosure: I think the Adelsons are paying the attorney fees for #1 and #2. I know the judge said he couldn't find any evidence of it, but who else has the kind of money to pay for these high priced attorneys?

Maybe the attorneys were told they'd only get paid if they saw the trial through to conclusion? Full disclosure: I think the Adelsons are paying the attorney fees for ******* #1 and ******* #2. I know the judge said he couldn't find any evidence of it, but who else has the kind of money to pay for these high priced attorneys?
Exactly. There’s a team of them from Miami. Hotels and meals besides the fees have got to be very, very pricey. Doubt they’re staying at the Budget Inn.

Maybe the attorneys were told they'd only get paid if they saw the trial through to conclusion? Full disclosure: I think the Adelsons are paying the attorney fees for ******* #1 and ******* #2. I know the judge said he couldn't find any evidence of it, but who else has the kind of money to pay for these high priced attorneys?
Then they should be disbarred. SG possibly could get 20-25 yrs and KM far less. We know one thing for sure...The 3 of them didn't pay themselves $100,000. You may have hit the nail right on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw