GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KM is betting her life that CA will save her. No deals for her. Good luck with that!

IMHO

Continues to blow my mind that as a mother of small children she would turn down a sweetheart deal to save CA and/or SG.... emphasis on CA. What does she think he is going to do for her? It is amazing (and not in a good way).

I guess, if convicted, she could flip on CA but can the state change a jury sentence?

Thank you! Yes, I got all that as well.

Regarding #4, I'm not sure Rivera said definitely SG called KM after the murder, just that they talked. I remember him being asked and being unsure, but maybe he eventually gave an answer....
During his interrogation in 2016 I'm sure LR mentioned SG called KM first after the murder and KM already knew about it.. Does the Jury get to go over or watch the Oct 2016 LR interrogation?

Continues to blow my mind that as a mother of small children she would turn down a sweetheart deal to save CA and/or SG.... emphasis on CA. What does she think he is going to do for her? It is amazing (and not in a good way).

I guess, if convicted, she could flip on CA but can the state change a jury sentence?
I think the sentence can be modified if she cooperates within a certain amount of time after she is sentenced, but not sure of that. JMO.

During his interrogation in 2016 I'm sure LR mentioned SG called KM first after the murder and KM already knew about it.. Does the Jury get to go over or watch the Oct 2016 LR interrogation?
That call (KM/SG at 12:30pmish on July 18) is not in dispute. The poster who you quoted had misinterpreted my post in her reply.

Last edited:

The Tallahassee Police Department is correct...Print him. mug him. and book him right now...They have enough to convict right now...Don't even give the little rat a chance to slip away with his passport. As for KM She lost her chance for a deal! Lock her up and throw away the key.

I get why Garcia didn't plea because he can't offer much to tie to the Ady Bunch, I believe the prosecution when they say they need KM for that. He may as well roll the dice to avoid the death penalty and hope a jury doesn't believe Rivera (although there is more evidence than Rivera testimony).

For Magbanua it will be so interesting what the jury comes back with. If convicted she probably has a lot to appeal this is such a complex case with evidence rulings and the joining of her trial with his-- is an appeal for sure. I am kind of worried too about these nitwit witnesses disobeying the judges order on watching the trial.

I get why Garcia didn't plea because he can't offer much to tie to the Ady Bunch, I believe the prosecution when they say they need KM for that. He may as well roll the dice to avoid the death penalty and hope a jury doesn't believe Rivera (although there is more evidence than Rivera testimony).

For Magbanua it will be so interesting what the jury comes back with. If convicted she probably has a lot to appeal this is such a complex case with evidence rulings and the joining of her trial with his-- is an appeal for sure. I am kind of worried too about these nitwit witnesses disobeying the judges order on watching the trial.

I'll be surprised if we don't have a motion for a mistrial first thing in the morning.

It’s all snitches get stitches until your life is on the line. This guy is a top dog and here he is singing like a canary against his BEST FRIEND. No honor among thieves. Lol

If he had told Garcia no, maybe Markel may still be alive. He was all game to kill so recklessly for money bc “his best friend asked him to” and now he’s more than happy to throw his best friend under the bus.
With the evidence they have on them...The both of them were under the bus. LR was smart enough to crawl out from under it to save his own skin. SG should take notice. There is only one more pawn left for him to save his life or life w/o parole.

If convicted, I don't think SG will get the DP. Per LR's testimony, SG seemed like a heartbroken guy who was drowning in drugs and alcohol. Not excusing what he allegedly did, but I don't see him getting the DP. JMO.

I honestly don't care about the defense attorney payment arrangements. At the prosecution's request the judge looked into it and didn't note anything improper.

If as the theory goes the A family were paying off KM and SG and LR after the murders --they were kind of cheap about it. It was a lot of money to KM and SG and LR but did it all make a dent in a rich family's pocketbook? I don't think so. So I don't buy a conspiracy theory that hundreds of thousands to millions are going to these defendants or their lawyers. The cats already out of the bag with them.

These 2 defendants even if they couldn't fund one dime from anyone would have defense attorneys. And maybe not public defenders even as due to being a case with multiple defendants that office might conflict out and private attorneys would be used. I don't see Zangeneh, the Kawasses, DeCoste as major criminal defense superstars that are leagues better than a seasoned public defender. They have good moments and bad moments. But if someone is a money bags masterminding the funding of this defense I think they could have done better!

But part of what they the lawyers are getting from this case is EXPOSURE - publicity, getting their names out there across FL and even the country. This case has already been covered on 20/20 and Dateline, been the top Apple podcast, and is one of the biggest trials in FL for awhile. There will be books and movies. This is real valuable to these attorneys! Maybe they aren't getting paid their standard rate. But in this serious drawn out matter they can't quite quit the case because of that either-- the judge would never allow them to withdraw now.

I wouldn't minimize how valuable being part of this trial is to the defense teams. It's the old saying, some things money can't buy.
Very good points!!!

If convicted, I don't think SG will get the DP. Per LR's testimony, SG seemed like a heartbroken guy who was drowning in drugs and alcohol. Not excusing what he allegedly did, but I don't see him getting the DP. JMO.
I agree. SG sounding like a drunk high sad sack, could barely hold down a job (even Rivera had to fire him from a construction job he got him!).

I don't see why a jury would give the death penalty to SG when it is clear the states attorney thinks the top one(s) in the plot are identified yet 5 years later NEVER arrested or charged! That is a huge negative for the prosecution. The jury might think if the prosecution does not think they have enough evidence to even charge, say, CA, is this evidence in this trial really all that great?

That will be another 2 or 3 years in the slammer if her appeal is affirmed. By then CA will be safely tucked away after he has been convicted as I think they have enough now for a reasonable jury to convict him. Then another trial for KM and maybe more damming evidence will be admitted with no deal in sight, unless, she can identify more players in the plot. I respectfully disagree SG doesn't have much to offer. He can offer KM and the screws can really start to tighten on her.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care about the defense attorney payment arrangements. At the prosecution's request the judge looked into it and didn't note anything improper.

If as the theory goes the A family were paying off KM and SG and LR after the murders --they were kind of cheap about it. It was a lot of money to KM and SG and LR but did it all make a dent in a rich family's pocketbook? I don't think so. So I don't buy a conspiracy theory that hundreds of thousands to millions are going to these defendants or their lawyers. The cats already out of the bag with them.

These 2 defendants even if they couldn't fund one dime from anyone would have defense attorneys. And maybe not public defenders even as due to being a case with multiple defendants that office might conflict out and private attorneys would be used. I don't see Zangeneh, the Kawasses, DeCoste as major criminal defense superstars that are leagues better than a seasoned public defender. They have good moments and bad moments. But if someone is a money bags masterminding the funding of this defense I think they could have done better!

But part of what they the lawyers are getting from this case is EXPOSURE - publicity, getting their names out there across FL and even the country. This case has already been covered on 20/20 and Dateline, been the top Apple podcast, and is one of the biggest trials in FL for awhile. There will be books and movies. This is real valuable to these attorneys! Maybe they aren't getting paid their standard rate. But in this serious drawn out matter they can't quite quit the case because of that either-- the judge would never allow them to withdraw now.

I wouldn't minimize how valuable being part of this trial is to the defense teams. It's the old saying, some things money can't buy.
What about the clients they represent? I believe they would have been better off with Court appointed Lawyers...Maybe their cases would have been already settled with a chance to return to society instead of being in a crap shoot because these supposed high priced Lawyers are seeking exposure and fame. LR is the one who had better Lawyers because they did the right thing and represented their client properly... Let's give them some advertisement. Who are they?

Last edited:
I agree. SG sounding like a drunk high sad sack, could barely hold down a job (even Rivera had to fire him from a construction job he got him!).

I don't see why a jury would give the death penalty to SG when it is clear the states attorney thinks the top one(s) in the plot are identified yet 5 years later NEVER arrested or charged! That is a huge negative for the prosecution. The jury might think if the prosecution does not think they have enough evidence to even charge, say, CA, is this evidence in this trial really all that great?
Never underestimate a jury...they may be thinking along the same lines as the Prosecution and understand why they haven't charged them yet. GC seems like a knowledgeable Prosecutor who doesn't charge you unless she 100% knows she can procure a conviction...The jury could very well disagree with her too. We'll see.

Last edited:
That would be so awful wouldn't it
That would be so awful wouldn't it
I don't think there is enough there for a mistrial. One thing you can bet for sure there will be no live stream next time if the judge declares one or he will suspend live streaming right now. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3