GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be suprised if the jury is completely lost by all these cell tower records. I know I am. What exactly are they trying to show to the jury? It's obvious that they were in constant contact around the time of both trips. KM is up to her eyeballs in being in all the wrong places.

i think as soon as things got hot, CA instructed his attorney to find "loyal" attorneys for KM and SG and i think they are all in cahoots to ultimately protect CA and his family. (DeCoste and Markus are located in the same building on the same floor). i also think that his attorney figured out a clever way for CA to mask the source of the fee payments to these attorneys which snookered the judge. also, it may seem that SG's attorney has thrown CA under the bus with his alternate theory, but he really hasn't. his one job is to get his client off - SG. if SG and KM walk, the state's case against CA is significantly weaker. and SG's attorney's alternate theory has no relevance in a trial of CA. SG's attorney needed to come up with the best alternate theory he could, and it does not put CA in any legal jeopardy, it actually does the opposite if it can get SG (and KM) off.
But I question how Zangeneh, Kawass, DeCoste are supposed loyalists to CA because look at some of the major theories of the case they are promoting to the jury
—CA hired LR to do it because LR was ‘serving him drugs’ dealing not just coke but bodybuilding steroids. CA consorted with gang members.

-KM has horrible taste in men and one of those men is CA
-no pushback on prosecution evidence that CA talked about hiring a hit man

A bought and paid for, loyalist attorney would keep CA’s name out of their mouths! So no I don’t buy it

LR said "that sounds right" when asked what his phone number was back then, IIRC. Maybe he was wrong about one digit since he admitted they all changed phones a lot. He did not testify with certainty, "My number back then was *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx." MOVE ON!

But I question how Zangeneh, Kawass, DeCoste are supposed loyalists to CA because look at some of the major theories of the case they are promoting to the jury
—CA hired LR to do it because LR was ‘serving him drugs’ dealing not just coke but bodybuilding steroids. CA consorted with gang members.

A bought and paid for, loyalist attorney would keep CA’s name out of their mouths! So no I don’t buy it
Right?! It’s all so odd.

I really hope the next witness is interesting. If I'm on that jury, I'm getting pretty testy right about now.

i explained this already. their only objective is to get KM and SG a not-guilty verdict. a not-guilty verdict directly helps CA. these defense attorneys could even call CA "Satan" and even say that he actually pulled the trigger himself if it helps convince the jury of their alternate theory and it would have no bearing on CA's potential future trial. it's not admissible and it would/will be an entirely different trial and jury. i'm sure CA and his attorney are fine with this alternate theory as long as it gets these alleged co-conspirators off - because in effect it gets CA off as well. KM, SG, CA all have the same objective here - get KM and SG a not-guilty verdict - even if it means sullying CA's name in THIS trial.

Last edited:
This case reminds me of the Aaron Hernandez double murder trial. Similar to that case, there are two possible shooters. And one of them has turned state’s evidence. Obv Rivera is not some stand up guy and the jury will have to seriously contemplate his credibility. By his own admission he bought the murder gun and got paid a substantial amount. Jury acquitted AH and a lot of ppl speculated it was bc there’s no way to know who the shooter was. Even though there was evidence they were both there that night together. Just like in this case, both there in the Prius.

I wonder if that’s what defense is banking on. I haven’t heard everything so sorry if I’m missing something.
I don't know that much about the Hernandez case but I don't think it was a murder for hire. Here, all parties (KM, LR, and SG) purportedly knew in advance that LR and SG were going to Tally to kill Dan Markel and they all allegedly took active steps to make that happen. It doesn't matter who pulled the trigger. All (KM, LR, SG) equally responsible for murder. JMO.

Defense Attorney Says Cell Phone Evidence And Expert Testimony Are Pretty Strong Evidence Together

Oct 3, 2019

----

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 5 Witness Sgt Chris Corbitt Part 3 100319

---

Brian Buckmire Asks If You Are The Defense Attorney In This Case, What Are You Going To Ask

Oct 3, 2019

I don't know that much about the Hernandez case but I don't think it was a murder for hire. Here, all parties (KM, LR, and SG) purportedly knew in advance that LR and SG were going to Tally to kill Dan Markel and they all allegedly took active steps to make that happen. It doesn't matter who pulled the trigger. All (KM, LR, SG) equally responsible for murder. JMO.
Good Post! The State should have went after the death penalty for KM too. How is she any different from any other women who have been executed in The State of Florida other than actually pulling the trigger? "Equal Justice Under the Law" Unless you have cash.

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2h2 hours ago
Day 6 Markel murder case getting started @WCTV

EGCNRrdXUAcKBZk.jpg

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Another day in Courtroom 3G. Judge Hankinson is going over a couple of things before the jury comes in. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Judge Hankinson says a witness from yesterday was watching the trial moments before she took the stand. That's not allowed but none of the attorneys asked for any action to be taken. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2h2 hours ago
Prosecutor says one of the witnesses was watching the live stream before testifying, attorneys decide not to seek any court action and move on @WCTV

We're back on the cell tower conversation. Chris DeCoste (Katherine Magbanua's attorney) is continuing his cross examination. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1h1 hour ago
Sgt Chris Corbitt with TPD showing records that indicate Charlies Adelson and Sigfredo Garcia talked. Texts show Magbanua asking Adelson if Garcia called him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Records show Charlie Adelson deleted text messages talking about Garcia. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

"He invited me to go deep sea fishing. He was so nice."- a text Adelson sent Magbanua after she asked if Garcia called him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1h1 hour ago
"He invited me to go deep-sea fishing. He was so nice," Adelson texted Magbanua, talking about Garcia

The message was deleted by Charlie Adelson

But Corbett says that most of the texts between Magbanua and Adelson were deleted

i explained this already. their only objective is to get KM and SG a not-guilty verdict. a not-guilty verdict directly helps CA. these defense attorneys could even call CA "Satan" and even say that he actually pulled the trigger himself if it helps convince the jury of their alternate theory and it would have no bearing on CA's potential future trial. it's not admissible and it would/will be an entirely different trial and jury. i'm sure CA and his attorney are fine with this alternate theory as long as it gets these alleged co-conspirators off - because in effect it gets CA off as well. KM, SG, CA all have the same objective here - get KM and SG a not-guilty verdict - even if it means sullying CA's name in THIS trial.
Thank you. This explains it well!

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 1h1 hour ago
TPD cell phone expert testifying about calls among Rivera, Garcia and Magbanua the day after Markel’s murder @WCTV

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 1h1 hour ago
TPD cell phone expert testifies Garcia and Rivera stopped using their phones soon after Markel’s murder, Magbanua did not @WCTV

We're back on a traffic ticket Garcia got June 2, 2014 in Broward County. He was driving the Nissan rented for the first Tallahassee trip. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Sgt. Corbitt says phone records show Magbanua was near Comfort Rent A Car on June 2, 2014. That's where the rental car for the first Tallahassee trip came from. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 57m57 minutes ago
6 calls between Garcia and Magbanua the day of the murder. The first call happened around noon. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 49m49 minutes ago
TPD cell phone records show nearly 12 hours of “cell phone silence” between Garcia and Magbanua on day of murder, from 12:01 am until 12:30 pm. Markel killed at about 11am @WCTV

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 47m47 minutes ago
TPD cell phone expert says Rivera made his first ever call to Magbanua’s cell phone morning after murder, prosecutors say that’s consistent with Riveras testimony about meeting to get paid @WCTV

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 37m37 minutes ago
But the state says she attempted to call a number associated with Luis Rivera on June 5 and July 17 - one the first trip to Tallahassee and the other the day before the murder - but dialed one number off

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 34m34 minutes ago
We're now arguing over a phone number. Sgt. Corbitt says the first call between Magbanua and Rivera happened after the murder. Her attorneys say it wasn't the right number. Rivera testified that his number was the one records show Magbanua dialing. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 15m15 minutes ago
Corbett, back to the deep-sea fishing comments by Charlie Adelson regarding Sigfredo Garcia, said he has no evidence in call records that they communicated

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 7m7 minutes ago
Still no evidence of Garcia and Charlie Adelson communicating. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 8m8 minutes ago
TPD cell phone expert says there is no evidence of any communication between Sigfredo Garcia and Charlie Adelson @WCTV

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 7m7 minutes ago
Big ol stack of jury questions for TPD Sgt Chris Corbett. A lot of intricate cell phone data has been unpacked in the past day

You're right. The AH case was not murder for hire. It was a random act of violence. I guess I was looking at it from the perspective of 'how do we know who pulled the trigger?' Just that part of it. But perhaps it doesn't matter in this case. But, yeah, this is a conspiracy case and very different.

A forensic accountant is now on the stand and she has investigated all the people and businesses involved in this case.

There were 10,000 pages of documents just with the Adelsons' investment accounts alone, and she did not get a chance to investigate every single page of that because she had a job change in the middle of it.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 9m9 minutes ago
Mary Hull is now on the stand. She was a Criminal Financial Investigator at the time of the investigation. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 6m6 minutes ago
Financial crimes/white collar crime investigator is now on the stand, reviewed bank records for Rivera, Garcia, Magbanua and Adelson family in this case @WCTV

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
Hull reviewed financial records for the Adelson family, businesses for the Adelsons, Sigfredo Garcia, Luis Rivera, and Katherine Magbanua. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 7m7 minutes ago
Sigfredo Garcia bought a motorcycle and a couple of cars within 4 months of the murder. Rivera bough a motorcycle and a camry. Magbanua got a Lexus (from the Adelson's). #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 6m6 minutes ago
The title of Magbanua's Lexus says she paid $1700 for it. Hull says she couldn't find any record of a payment through Magbanua's bank account. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 5m5 minutes ago
Rivera received a weekly check. He would almost immiedately to withdraw all of the money. Because he had auto payment, his account was overdrawn a lot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 4m4 minutes ago
Rivera stopped doing that between the time of the murder and November of that year. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 9m9 minutes ago
She said she noticed a change in Rivera's banking habits too. He would usually withdraw his entire paycheck and be hit with tons of overdraft fees. After the murder that stopped until November when it resumed.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 9m9 minutes ago
"It signifies to me that he had an additional source of cash and was not relying on his payroll," she said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member