GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Attorney's for CA have access to the witness lists for this trial and all of the information related to it?

Is it legal for CA and his ex-girlfriend to be texting back and forth so close to her being called to testify? Her testimony seems pretty damming considering she witnessed how he stores and organizes his cash... Stapled $100.00 bills in a safe. Can they prove who texted who first?

I'm sure they can, and will, for his trial. And hopefully Cellabrite (sp) can even retrieve the content of those texts (that are sure to have been deleted). She reluctantly told the truth about some things I'm sure she didn't want to (i.e. the stapled bills, her own use of weed, etc.), but I don't think she was 100% truthful about everything, especially that she and CA did not talk about the case the day before she testified.

Do the Attorney's for CA have access to the witness lists for this trial and all of the information related to it?

Is it legal for CA and his ex-girlfriend to be texting back and forth so close to her being called to testify? Her testimony seems pretty damming considering she witnessed how he stores and organizes his cash... Stapled $100.00 bills in a safe. Can they prove who texted who first?

i think CA, KM, SG attorneys are all in cahoots and sharing everything, coordinating everything, and facilitating continual communication among all of the alleged co-conspirators under the guise of attorney client privilege. i think they have one unified strategy - to save the alleged masterminds - at the possible expense of KM and SG - and that's who's paying everyone's big fat bills. i think it's a huge conflict of interest and it should be looked into.

The call from WA to DM @ 11:42 am on July 18, 2014. That is the strangest phone call of all of them. Looks like she was checking to see if the deed was truly completed and a drive by shortly thereafter to double check. So she could authorize the cash release. IMO She must have been shocked when she saw the crime scene tape all set up. She knew right then and there the deed was done.
This boggles my mind. She clearly admitted to seeing crime scene tape. Also, she said she takes the short cut on Trescott from Centerville Road to get to a liquor store that is clearly out of her way. (This occurred after the 11:42 am call. If I was on the jury, I would have wanted to know why she was trying to contact him at that point in time?). If she did see crime scene tape with an officer there, why not stop and ask what is going on, especially if she had just called DM without a response. In my opinion, this clearly show prior knowledge of a crime. This may not be enough to press charges, but tied in with everthing else known amongst all parties, it is pretty damning in itself. JMO

This boggles my mind. She clearly admitted to seeing crime scene tape. Also, she said she takes the short cut on Trescott from Centerville Road to get to a liquor store that is clearly out of her way. (This occurred after the 11:42 am call. If I was on the jury, I would have wanted to know why she was trying to contact him at that point in time?). If she did see crime scene tape with an officer there, why not stop and ask what is going on, especially if she had just called DM without a response. In my opinion, this clearly show prior knowledge of a crime. This may not be enough to press charges, but tied in with everthing else known amongst all parties, it is pretty damning in itself. JMO

Absolutely. And it may be this very strange sequence of events that, when her kids get a little older and can research this case online, will seal the truth for them, knowing that their mother had their father killed. And callously drove on by.

That was really appalling. DeCoste is a slimeball, first that and then attempting to provide a description to all the Latin Kings out there what the undercover FBI agent looks like.

I do think it's a little odd that Katie would say she's "excited to get started" about wisdom teeth extraction, but maybe it was because he was only doing 1. Maybe it was supposed to be the first in a series of appointments to get them all removed eventually.

Incompetence! He's trying to make a name for himself, instead of representing his client properly or he is being led and advised by somebody else! Who truly in their heart could care less for KM.
How did she ever find this organization who is representing her? KM would have been better off with a court appointed Attorney. I believe he wouldn't have looked for name recognition and done the correct thing. She's done. IMO. DeCoste attempts to lead witnesses to his way of thinking, instead of letting the witnesses and the jury think and decipher for themselves.

Incompetence! He's trying to make a name for himself, instead of representing his client properly or he is being led and advised by somebody else! Who truly in their heart could care less for KM.
How did she ever find this organization who is representing her? KM would have been better off with a court appointed Attorney. I believe he wouldn't have looked for name recognition and done the correct thing. She's done. IMO. DeCoste attempts to lead witnesses to his way of thinking, instead of letting the witnesses and the jury think and decipher for themselves.
A court appointed attorney would have probably convinced her to plead in order to reduce her sentence or grant her immunity to testify against some bigger fish. It's obvious she was up to her eyeballs in this crime. Bottle girl or not, she didn't obtain all that cash for nothing.

Absolutely. And it may be this very strange sequence of events that, when her kids get a little older and can research this case online, will seal the truth for them, knowing that their mother had their father killed. And callously drove on by.
After driving by and going to the liquor store, she buys a brand of alchol with word "bulliet" (sp?) on it.

Are there any days of testimony that you all thought were really illuminating or interesting to watch? I watched Rivera, Wendi, the ex-gf, the office workers, KM’s best friend, Nobles, and part of the undercover cop’s testimony yest. I know the cell tower testimony can be dry and I don’t really want to watch that. But I’m really interested in the wire tap testimony. Esp communication btwn KM and CA, what days are those? Please and thank you. :)

Are there any days of testimony that you all thought were really illuminating or interesting to watch? I watched Rivera, Wendi, the ex-gf, the office workers, KM’s best friend, Nobles, and part of the undercover cop’s testimony yest. I know the cell tower testimony can be dry and I don’t really want to watch that. But I’m really interested in the wire tap testimony. Esp communication btwn KM and CA, what days are those? Please and thank you. :)
I haven't watched all the testimony, but besides the ones you mentioned I would recommend Jeffrey Lacasse the ex bf of WA; and Craig Isom the chief defective.

i think CA, KM, SG attorneys are all in cahoots and sharing everything, coordinating everything, and facilitating continual communication among all of the alleged co-conspirators under the guise of attorney client privilege. i think they have one unified strategy - to save the alleged masterminds - at the possible expense of KM and SG - and that's who's paying everyone's big fat bills. i think it's a huge conflict of interest and it should be looked into.
They are putting their chips on KM getting acquitted and they all can live happily there after.
This is for the Attorney for CA... Yes, Mr. Markus! When you set up a person to have the Father of two childrens head blown off for personal gain you will be subject to arrest and trial...Priors or no priors! The Jury will decide if KM is guilty or not guilty not you.

I'm sure they can, and will, for his trial. And hopefully Cellabrite (sp) can even retrieve the content of those texts (that are sure to have been deleted). She reluctantly told the truth about some things I'm sure she didn't want to (i.e. the stapled bills, her own use of weed, etc.), but I don't think she was 100% truthful about everything, especially that she and CA did not talk about the case the day before she testified.
Can they legally have access at this moment?

Definitely the ex boyfriend, JL. LR was illuminating. I think he was sticking to the story as to what happened, but he may have phrased the wording differently. The different wording is what the defense attorneys targeted on cross. I looked at that as how most people tell a story about their day, but may use different wording when retelling to someone else. I have done that many times. It doesn't mean I was lying; it just means I chose a different word at the moment. I think Monday's testimony will be illuminating as to what was said, but I already read much of what was said in the probable cause affidavit for CA. I just look forward to the actual tone of how it was said.

What does everybody think about the testimony that Katie's best friend discussed on the stand the other day.

That the night before he was murdered, Katie called her to ask for her to babysit because she wanted to go to Charlie's house because his brother-in-law had a car accident in Tallahassee?

We saw the phone calls between CA and KM we're after midnight.

I wish they had clarified what time she was called to go over there. At least I did not catch it did anybody else? Was it after midnight the "night before the murder", which would have been Thursday night when the flurry of activity was going on with the phone calls?

Definitely the ex boyfriend, JL. LR was illuminating. I think he was sticking to the story as to what happened, but he may have phrased the wording differently. The different wording is what the defense attorneys targeted on cross. I looked at that as how most people tell a story about their day, but may use different wording when retelling to someone else. I have done that many times. It doesn't mean I was lying; it just means I chose a different word at the moment. I think Monday's testimony will be illuminating as to what was said, but I already read much of what was said in the probable cause affidavit for CA. I just look forward to the actual tone of how it was said.

Yes, Charlie's affidavit was very enlightening and is always a good review!

Charlie's arrest affidavit

The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

What does everybody think about the testimony that Katie's best friend discussed on the stand the other day.

That the night before he was murdered, Katie called her to ask for her to babysit because she wanted to go to Charlie's house because his brother-in-law had a car accident in Tallahassee?

We saw the phone calls between CA and KM we're after midnight. I wish wall honest and they clarified what time she was called to go over there. Was it after midnight the "night before the murder", which would have been Thursday night when the flurry of activity was going on with the phone calls?

I thought Katie called the BFF the next morning to tell her about the "accident," not the night before when she asked her to babysit the kids overnight.

Before I learned this, I was on the fence as to whether or not WA had prior knowledge of the crime, but no more. You share custody of your kids with your ex; you drive by your ex's house and see the place surrounded by crime scene tape and police cars - and you don't jump out of your car to find out if your kids are all right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member