GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen capture from live stream. The defense attorney asked why do you look so different from your photo of when you were a bottle girl which this is a picture of. She said because I have been incarcerated.

I guess she is talking about changing the color of her hair?

:p

Attachments

• KMdiffersDueToIncarcerated001.jpg
    KMdiffersDueToIncarcerated001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 43
Screen capture from live stream. The defense attorney asked why do you look so different from your photo of when you were a bottle girl which this is a picture of. She said because I have been incarcerated.

I had to step away. Was that photo published in court lol?

This may not answer the question, but fwiw, that link was posted in a much earlier thread.

Thank you for that response. But I guess my primary confusion was how is that link related to the town where we just learned was where Catherine's mother and brother lived. That was what was so surprising to me and I wondered if the original poster @computantis had more information on such that they knew prior to learning the significance of Tamarack during the testimony today.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 3h3 hours ago
Good morning fine people. We're back in court this morning as Katherine Magbanua's defense team continues to put on its case. It also happens to be Dan Markel's birthday today

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 3h3 hours ago
Katherine Magbanua will be testifying this morning, her attorney says @WCTV

EGb90WJXYAIPnTU.jpg

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2h2 hours ago
This is sure to be a big moment in this case. Her defense team will get to have her lay out how she was not involved in the murder, but prosecutors will have the chance to ask what I assume will be some very pointed questions

Attorneys have weighed in one when they'd like to do closing arguments. All together, those should take about 3 hours. State wants to go today, Magbanua's team - having to go last - wants the clearly tired jury fresh

Judge, attorneys still discussing whether they will do closing arguments today or tomorrow and whether jury will be sequestered during deliberations or not @WCTV

Garcia's team asks that the jury be sequestered once they go out for deliberations, judge Hankinson agrees

Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 2h2 hours ago
Garcia’s attorney requesting sequestration for jury during deliberations, judge agrees @WCTV

Sigfredo Garcia’s attorney says he may renew his motion to sever @WCTV

I guess this picture is supposed to sell the 'I was indeed a glam boobylicious hottie who raked in the cash tips" angle

Thank you for that response. But I guess my primary confusion was how is that link related to the town where we just learned was where Catherine's mother and brother lived. That was what was so surprising to me and I wondered if the original poster @computantis had more information on such that they knew prior to learning the significance of Tamarack during the testimony today.
When you google the Adelson Institute it says it's in Tamarac.

Katherine Magbanua is now on the witness stand @WCTV

EGcE2a-X0AAURWe.jpg

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Magbanua says she had nothing to do with Dan Markel's murder and she didn't get her ex Sigfredo Garcia to do it either. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Defense attorney: “Did you have anything to do with the murder of Dan Markel?” “No, ma’am,” Magbanua says @WCTV

Magbanua testified that she and Garcia met as teens, have two kids together, and considers him “her husband” @WCTV

"I don't remember. It was so long ago. I was young."- Magbanua on when she met Sigfredo Garcia. She says they started dating when she was 18 or 19. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua and Garcia has a 12 year old and a 7 year old. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

You'll hear Garcia and Magbanua refer to themselves as husband and wife. They never officially got married though. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua now saying her relationship with Garcia ended because she felt like he was cheating. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua testified she broke up with Garcia in 2013 after overhearing him talk about another girl, met Charlie Adelson soon afterward at dental office where she worked @WCTV

Jada E. Williams Retweeted Jada E. Williams

A couple of STRONG objections from Garcia attorney when Tara Kawass asked about that. They're now in a sidebar. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

"Did you get the father of your children Sigfredo Garcia to commit a murder on behalf of Charlie Adelson?" "No Mam"

Magbanua broke up with Sigfredo Garcia in late 2013. She says she overheard him talking about another girl with his friends. She kicked him out of her home. Not long after that, she met Charlie Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua is now talking about when she met Charlie Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua was working at SoFi Dental when she met Adelson. This was 2013. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua said she met Charlie Adelson while she worked in a Miami dental office. He put his number in her phone

It wasn't her place to call the police about "her friend's mom being threatened" but it IS her place to ask her baby daddy to call the phone number when HIS name was not even mentioned in the threat......mmmmK.

Oh, and she asked him because he's her baby daddy and when she needs help that's who she asks.

And the top of that, she supposedly wasn't even seeing Charlie at that time and Garcia supposedly didn't know that they were communicating.

So much for keeping the relationship under the wraps as to not telling Garcia. Pfft

Magbanua now talking about her employment as an alcohol promotions girl. She says she received cash and checks, but the money was inconsistent. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua described working in Miami clubs, says she could make $1,000-$1,500 in cash tips on a good night @WCTV

Magbanua and Charlie Adelson were a couple on New Years Eve of 2013. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

They started dating in 2013 when she and Garcia were broken up

Magbanua says she and Adelson never used the label boyfriend/ girlfriend. They did say "I love you." But she says she never expected moving in with him, marrying him, or becoming serious. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua says she was still having sex with Sigfredo Garcia while she was with Charlie Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Magbanua says she and Charlie Adelson had dinner with Wendi Adelson and her boyfriend one night in the spring of 2014, there was no talk of divorce or custody battle, she said @WCTV

Magbanua says Charlie Adelson encouraged her and supported her getting back with Garcia. SHe says she knew it wasn't serious because of that. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

The testimony of why she was talking in code, what she had just admitted on the stand, about the phone number of the undercover agent both times was ridiculous. The first time she said that she talked in code about the last four digits of the number was because she was around her kids. The second time she talked in code and admitted to doing such, was when she was at work at the realty office and didn't want to say it in front of yindra.

That is so very bizarre as to how she thinks anyone will believe that. Just ridiculous. Why would she have to not just say the last four digits of a phone number are such, and to talk about a dollar amount instead in front of her children or her co-worker.

Folks, this is a great example of why people say do not get on the stand in your own defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc