GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you in Tallahassee were curious about what people in “Tamarac, Florida 33321” were blogging about the person they used to call “Jibber”, please read here:

Dental Dilemma - Charles Adelson

By the way, it has been mentioned few times that Jibber = Talker. In other spoken usages, Jibber = To restively move backward = To balk such as a horse. Maybe he was a Talker but in context, he balked at moving from Tallahassee to Miami. Hence, she put him in her phone as Jibber because he balked at her goading.

I had never heard of Tamarac until just five minutes ago in the testimony. That is supposedly where her mother lived with her brother after her mother moved out from living with KM.

I had never seen that mentioned before anywhere.

Do you have a link for what you mentioned above, and I don't understand how that relates to Jibbers that KM mom and brother are the only players that I have heard of that lived in Tamarac. Thank you in advance

Surprised that KM is testifying; defendants rarely do. But it's an individual decision regardless of advice of counsel. And it's also not a terrible strategy based on all the evidence so far. The one smoking gun the prosecution is Rivera, and he did not implicate KM nearly as strongly as SG. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence against her, but none of it is really that conclusive. The cash deposits in 2014/15 look suspicious but they are not direct evidence and much as I hate to admit it they're pretty tenuous proof of guilt.

I say this as someone who believes she is factually guilty and very much wants the jury to return that verdict. But perhaps because I'm pessimistic about legal process and acutely conscious of how hard it is to prove guilt beyond a RD, I'm not sure it's a terrible idea for her to just get up there and basically say [falsely] "I didn't do this, here's the real story, and no comment about SG." That way a jury can split the difference, giving her leniency and throwing the book at SG.

That said, a LOT is going to depend on cross-examination. If the state can make KM look bad, untrustworthy, impeachable, etc. then they can score points and her gamble will not have paid off. Rooting for Cappleman et al. to have a good day.

I had never heard of Tamarac until just five minutes ago in the testimony. That is supposedly where her mother lived with her brother after her mother moved out from living with KM.

I had never seen that mentioned before anywhere.

Do you have a link for what you mentioned above, and I don't understand how that relates to Jibbers that KM mom and brother are the only players that I have heard of that lived in Tamarac. Thank you in advance
This may not answer the question, but fwiw, that link was posted in a much earlier thread.

Can Dr. Obed be called as a rebuttal witness for the state? Is it too late to get him on the list?

Katie testified he willingly paid her some legitimately and some under the table so she could scam the system for insurance for her kids.

Well, there you have it folks! The answer we have all been waiting for. The reason her tips increase was because she had the boob job Jan 2015. That is why the increase suddenly for her income. Per her testimony with the defense Council asking her such on the stand. LMAO

What she forgets, is that increase was not around the time of her boob job, it was during the month after the murder.

ETA screenshot of her as bottle girl in livestream

Attachments

• KMdiffersDueToIncarcerated001.jpg
    KMdiffersDueToIncarcerated001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Well, there you have it folks! The answer we have all been waiting for. The reason her tips increase was because she had the boob job! That is why the increase suddenly for her income. Per her testimony with the defense Council asking her such on the stand. LMAO

What she forgets, is that increase was not around the time of her boob job, it was during the month after the murder.

Could you see my eyes rolling from here?

It wasn't her place to call the police about "her friend's mom being threatened" but it IS her place to ask her baby daddy to call the phone number when HIS name was not even mentioned in the threat......mmmmK.

Oh, and she asked him because he's her baby daddy and when she needs help that's who she asks.

Can Dr. Obed be called as a rebuttal witness for the state? Is it too late to get him on the list?

Katie testified he willingly paid her some legitimately and some under the table so she could scam the system for insurance for her kids.
Scam the insurance company, and also doesn’t report earnings to IRS —- not a far stretch that she is involved in other criminal activity!

Katie admits she was talking in code with regard to the money owed to the school when on that phone call with SG. When asked why, she says maybe her kids were around. So I guess she can't say "here's the correct phone number" around her kids because that's inappropriate?

Why TF would she be so concerned and having Garcia call the number? It makes no sense.

Question: Why were you talking in code?
Answer: I might have been around my children or at work.

Hahahah bs!! OMG she's so full of it.

She also has a detached attitude with her own attorney. She's asking her to clarify things with a tone as if this doesn't involve her and the attorney is asking stupid questions. She's a piece of work.

Surprised that KM is testifying; defendants rarely do. But it's an individual decision regardless of advice of counsel. And it's also not a terrible strategy based on all the evidence so far. The one smoking gun the prosecution is Rivera, and he did not implicate KM nearly as strongly as SG. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence against her, but none of it is really that conclusive. The cash deposits in 2014/15 look suspicious but they are not direct evidence and much as I hate to admit it they're pretty tenuous proof of guilt.

I say this as someone who believes she is factually guilty and very much wants the jury to return that verdict. But perhaps because I'm pessimistic about legal process and acutely conscious of how hard it is to prove guilt beyond a RD, I'm not sure it's a terrible idea for her to just get up there and basically say [falsely] "I didn't do this, here's the real story, and no comment about SG." That way a jury can split the difference, giving her leniency and throwing the book at SG.

That said, a LOT is going to depend on cross-examination. If the state can make KM look bad, untrustworthy, impeachable, etc. then they can score points and her gamble will not have paid off. Rooting for Cappleman et al. to have a good day.
And the under cover phone #KM gave to SG about a supposed real estate deal. She knew what it was all about. IMO. Didn't implicate KM? If the Jury sees the 10/16 interrogation of LR. He blames KM adamantly.

Note, sarcasm below

*looks out to Google earth virtually and seeing many LE folks scrambling to support prosecutor on short timeframe to rebut many items she is saying for later today*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc