GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In June 2016, the Talahassee Democrat posted a link to a very long SoundCloud audio of a jailhouse call between SG and KM, when KM was still home.
I listened to it at the time, but did not save it.
The audio has been removed from SoundCloud, but a link to the story remains.
I'd love to hear that now, and I tried WayBack but to no avail.
Does anyone have that? Or, most-excellent "sleuthers," can you find a way to retrieve it, or perhaps get it from the paper?
Here's the link:

Audio: Sigfredo Garcia's jail call

I'm encouraged by Saam's post verdict interview the other day that we could possibly see SG sing - and GC seemed open to accept it. I have zero confidence that Kawass and DeCoste will advise KM to sing - I'm very suspicious of a serious conflict of interest with their counsel. I hope I'm wrong about that.

As of the submission by the attorneys in February, they had said that Katie was responsible for all of Garcia's payments. And that they had agreed upon 75,000 and she had only paid 15,000. And that they were not going to submit to the court for any expenses at that time. So all that they have done for Garcia right now is for $15,000? Or they going to go after somebody for the rest of the money's?

The thing is too is that the A’s have means beyond what certainly I thought they did anyways, and they seem like they could be a flight risk...

Yes, it was very interesting during June's testimony that said he really didn't work at his office much anymore, nor any other dental offices for his income. That primarily his income was from Real Estate Etc and he did not even need the dental practice. Iirc, m o o

Yes, it was very interesting during June's testimony that said he really didn't work at his office much anymore, nor any other dental offices for his income. That primarily his income was from Real Estate Etc and he did not even need the dental practice. Iirc, m o o

Probably more like the dental practice(s) don't need him....

Maybe they transported him to be nearby for a penalty phase. As strange as it may seem, maybe he will testify FOR SG in the penalty phase. He is his childhood friend and I'm sure doesn't want SG to get the DP. Also, in his trial testimony, he seemed to kind of blame KM for SG's actions. JMO.

So you think LR, a convicted admitted murderer Latin King gang member career criminal is going to help sway the jury with sympathy for SG by telling them what a nice guy his old buddy Siggy is? The defense is really going to try this after what the defense has alleged about LR to this jury?

If a deal is struck with Garcia before Monday at 1PM, and the deal involves a specific sentence (i.e. 40 years), does that mean the jury would be informed to not report?

If a deal is struck with Garcia before Monday at 1PM, and the deal involves a specific sentence (i.e. 40 years), does that mean the jury would be informed to not report?
I don't think so. The judge would probably still want to give them end of the case info -- e.g., right to talk/not talk about the case etc.

So you think LR, a convicted admitted murderer Latin King gang member career criminal is going to help sway the jury with sympathy for SG by telling them what a nice guy his old buddy Siggy is? The defense is really going to try this after what the defense has alleged about LR to this jury?

I also doubt that's what it was about. Maybe it's as simple as they forgot to have him sign something or maybe he's providing testimony in another case.

Maybe they transported him to be nearby for a penalty phase. As strange as it may seem, maybe he will testify FOR SG in the penalty phase. He is his childhood friend and I'm sure doesn't want SG to get the DP. Also, in his trial testimony, he seemed to kind of blame KM for SG's actions. JMO.
I totally agree about the DP.

Maybe he’ll speak to his upbringing to sway sympathy.

It was Karl Setters who posted that SG said ‘I love you Katie’ and I believe he’s removed it now because I don’t see it in his tweets immediately following the verdict. He’s the only one who tweeted that from what I saw but please someone correct me if I’m wrong. No one else has reported it. And given that he reported the 11-1 poll from heresy I don’t trust his standards at his point. We didn’t hear the jury polled; sometimes they do poll them after a mistrial. I thought his source was one of the attys. But he just reported a rumor!

Is that not the same guy that was interviewed by the podcast guy for his last two podcast "Over My Dead Body"?

In June 2016, the Talahassee Democrat posted a link to a very long SoundCloud audio of a jailhouse call between SG and KM, when KM was still home.
I listened to it at the time, but did not save it.
The audio has been removed from SoundCloud, but a link to the story remains.
I'd love to hear that now, and I tried WayBack but to no avail.
Does anyone have that? Or, most-excellent "sleuthers," can you find a way to retrieve it, or perhaps get it from the paper?
Here's the link:

Audio: Sigfredo Garcia's jail call

So annoying when they remove info. I searched a bunch and was not able to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler