GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid stupid b****!!! Another narcissist like KM no doubt. We had a similar person on my jury but she eventually gave in. But she made us deliberate for hours. 11-1 - what a colossal waste to have to retry this! But at least we know it’s a likely conviction! Wow.

This worked out pretty well for the state.

KM faces retrial knowing she was just one juror away from a conviction.

SG faces the possibility of the death penalty.

Trying to figure out what leverage CA has against KM and SG. Keep thinking her kids, but the State should be able to address that concern.

I tend to agree with this. Had KM been found guilty, it would be difficult to cut a deal with her. It's already more difficult given her trial testimony, but that can be dealt with. I'm thinking now that her reason for not flipping was to protect Garcia--not Charlie (although she's likely expecting compensation from Charlie, also). There was simply no way to throw Charlie under the bus without burning Garcia, also. So now that Garcia is cooked, that motivation is out the window. And the fact that she now knows she's less than a year away from suffering the same fate, she should strongly reconsider turning on Charlie Adelson. But there's no way she's getting immunity now with 11-1 looming in the background and a Garcia conviction completed. Plead to accessory and get 15 years with credit for time served.

Me too.

Would love someone to interview her. Of course - I’d probably want to punch my tv upon hearing it. The evidence was clear. Yet she wanted to hold out and had no interest in deliberating it further.

She should hide her face in shame. She did not weigh the evidence. Plus she voted to convict SG and not his pipeline.

I tend to agree with this. Had KM been found guilty, it would be difficult to cut a deal with her. It's already more difficult given her trial testimony, but that can be dealt with. I'm thinking now that her reason for not flipping was to protect Garcia--not Charlie (although she's likely expecting compensation from Charlie, also). There was simply no way to throw Charlie under the bus without burning Garcia, also. So now that Garcia is cooked, that motivation is out the window. And the fact that she now knows she's less than a year away from suffering the same fate, she should strongly reconsider turning on Charlie Adelson. But there's no way she's getting immunity now with 11-1 looming in the background and a Garcia conviction completed. Plead to accessory and get 15 years with credit for time served.
That was what I thought at the start -- not flipping because would implicate father of her children. Her attorneys did throw SG under the bus at trial but she stayed away from that in her testimony. Maybe she will try to negotiate a package deal now -- DP off the table for SG and a plea deal for her. JMO.

Certainly no immunity, but she can still get a good deal. The State really wants the Adelson(s). As they should.

KM would be an idiot not to plead now. No way she’s going to flip 11 jurors next time to let her off, and chances are she’s not going to pull a sympathetic juror twice in a row.

Totally agree. She could be out in time to be in her future grandkids' lives.

Maybe, but maybe this person is just an idiot who refused to listen to the evidence or her fellow jurors.

Or had her mind made up from the get-go and hoodwinked the attorneys to letting her on the jury.

We're all assuming it's a woman. But what it is that one man? lol....I doubt it....but that would be something...

Maybe, but maybe this person is just an idiot who refused to listen to the evidence or her fellow jurors.

This is the likely reason. Based on my experience. Had the same stubborn lunatic on my jury. It was beyond frustrating. Beyond!! It’s prob the same one that cried when KM cried at SG’s verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18