GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saam Z dropped some bombs today. ATOMIC BOMBS.

SAAM STATES WENDI WAS INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!

Those poor boys. Two parents were taken from them in very different ways.

Here is a video. Good part starts at 6:40.

Last edited:
6 years, the grandparents have not seeing their grandkids in 4 years. What a shame. All these hearings and trials and we all know who caused this, they do too, yet this goes on and on. If this were the 1800's, Charlie would have been in the slammer in the first year. No fancy lawyers and paid experts. Our system is something else.

I am eyeing the Adelson's (A's) supporting cast right now, and you should too.

It is an opportune moment to take a scan and sift out the good guys who took a moral stand like Robert Adelson and those who, uh, didn't. Rob, I don't know you, but I am so impressed by your character, and our society would be better off with more people like you in it. To those who supported and stuck by the A's side — I'll go as far as to say they PROVIDED COVER for the A's in some cases — stop acting as justice speed bumps or doing little favors for them/her behind the scenes. It will not bode well for you. The public is ON THIS one, and as of now, the odds are stacked against your position. It's likely only going to get worse from here.

I'll give credit where credit is due. I think WA (all the A's really — have you looked into CA's background — really looked?) is a sociopath hiding brilliantly in plain sight. We know them; they are cunning, charming, manipulative, and usually the last person to be suspected. "He was a down to earth dude who had barbecues for us neighbors. I would never have imagined he had 2 women chained in his basement for the last 6 years!" The thing about sociopaths, they tend to fool people, even those trained to know better. It's kind of their trademark and to note a prominent example, take the case of Ann Rule and Ted Bundy. They met working at a Suicide Crisis Hotline, where Ted Bundy was volunteering.

The Twisted Friendship of Crime Writer Ann Rule and Serial Killer Ted Bundy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-bundy-were-friends-before-they-were-famous/

"A former police officer turned crime reporter on the wrong side of 40 with four children at home and a dissolving marriage, Rule volunteered at suicide crisis hotline one night a week."

"There — fortunately and unfortunately — she befriended a young man who would commit dozens of horrific murders a few years later: Ted Bundy. This friendship between a great crime writer and her greatest subject was as unlikely as it was fated: the equivalent of Bob Woodward sharing a schoolyard see-saw with Richard Nixon."

"I liked him immediately," Rule wrote in "The Stranger Beside Me," the book about Bundy that brought her fame in 1980, ultimately selling more than 2 million copies. "It would have been hard not to. He brought me a cup of coffee and waved his arm over the awesome banks of phone lines." Bundy's first words to Rule: "You think we can handle all this?"

2 PARTING Q's for current A supporters:

1) While some of your actions are indelible, think of when the book is written, and the movie is made (cause oh, they're in the works — BELIEVE IT!). When all is laid out for public consumption postmortem — WHO WERE YOU? WHERE WERE YOU?

2) At this point, what do you think is truly best, long-term, for the Markel (NOT Adelson) children?

ONE more little, last parting sentiment — "At least you know, you were taken by a pro."

IMHO

Last edited:

It is an opportune moment to take a scan and sift out the good guys who took a moral stand like Robert Adelson and those who, uh, didn't. Rob, I don't know you, but I am so impressed by your character, and our society would be better off with more people like you in it. To those who supported and stuck by the A's side — I'll go as far as to say they PROVIDED COVER for the A's in some cases — stop acting as justice speed bumps or doing little favors for them/her behind the scenes. It will not bode well for you. The public is ON THIS one, and as of now, the odds are stacked against your position. It's likely only going to get worse from here.

I'll give credit where credit is due. I think WA (all the A's really — have you looked into CA's background — really looked?) is a sociopath hiding brilliantly in plain sight. We know them; they are cunning, charming, manipulative, and usually the last person to be suspected. "He was a down to earth dude who had barbecues for us neighbors. I would never have imagined he had 2 women chained in his basement for the last 6 years!" The thing about sociopaths, they tend to fool people, even those trained to know better. It's kind of their trademark and to note a prominent example, take the case of Ann Rule and Ted Bundy. They met working at a Suicide Crisis Hotline, where Ted Bundy was volunteering.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-bundy-were-friends-before-they-were-famous/

"A former police officer turned crime reporter on the wrong side of 40 with four children at home and a dissolving marriage, Rule volunteered at suicide crisis hotline one night a week."

"There — fortunately and unfortunately — she befriended a young man who would commit dozens of horrific murders a few years later: Ted Bundy. This friendship between a great crime writer and her greatest subject was as unlikely as it was fated: the equivalent of Bob Woodward sharing a schoolyard see-saw with Richard Nixon."

"I liked him immediately," Rule wrote in "The Stranger Beside Me," the book about Bundy that brought her fame in 1980, ultimately selling more than 2 million copies. "It would have been hard not to. He brought me a cup of coffee and waved his arm over the awesome banks of phone lines." Bundy's first words to Rule: "You think we can handle all this?"

1) While some of your actions are indelible, think of when the book is written, and the movie is made (cause oh, they're in the works — BELIEVE IT!). When all is laid out for public consumption postmortem — WHO WERE YOU? WHERE WERE YOU?

2) At this point, what do you think is truly best, long-term, for the Markel (NOT Adelson) children?

ONE more little, last parting sentiment — "At least you know, you were taken by a pro."

IMHO

YOU NAILED IT, reallybusy. You-- THIS-- is the conscience of the Markel case.

Your post got me thinking: supporters and enablers of WA and her crime family appear to view every trial delay, every bogus defense attorney deflection, and every 'normal' 'happy' 'thriving' social media post as justification for keeping blinders on. But when this 'everything is normal! look at me 5 years ago! I'm a great mom in a terrible situation!' charade ends, prepare for much darker one -- a victim card like none you've seen before -- gut-wrenching 'shock' and 'devastation' that her family could do such a thing -- 'abuse!' -- 'forced!' -- 'those emails!' -- 'they scare me! -- 'I'm so sorry!' -- 'they destroyed me!' Lauro has the statement drafted, I am sure. But will all that fly? Will you let it?

Attachments

• believe it.png
    believe it.png
    625.8 KB · Views: 11
YOU NAILED IT, reallybusy. You-- THIS-- is the conscience of the Markel case.

Your post got me thinking: supporters and enablers of WA and her crime family appear to view every trial delay, every bogus defense attorney deflection, and every 'normal' 'happy' 'thriving' social media post as justification for keeping blinders on. But when this 'everything is normal! look at me 5 years ago! I'm a great mom in a terrible situation!' charade ends, prepare for much darker one -- a victim card like none you've seen before -- gut-wrenching 'shock' and 'devastation' that her family could do such a thing -- 'abuse!' -- 'forced!' -- 'those emails!' -- 'they scare me! -- 'I'm so sorry!' -- 'they destroyed me!' Lauro has the statement drafted, I am sure. But will all that fly? Will you let it?

Believe It dude was my favorite part of the trial!! :D

CORRECTION: Apologies fellow WSers, in my comments below, I said there was a movie in the works. It's a TV series. So lots more room (several hours of content to fill) for detail and for supporting characters/chumps. Lots more time for them. It might be a good time to reposition yourself. Just saying.

Good thing WA hasn't/won't watch any media related to this case! What willpower, eh! If only she had it when it came to active crime scenes...

Podcast Firm Wondery Steps Up TV Activities & Eyes Top Showrunners To Adapt ‘Over My Dead Body’
Wondery Steps Up TV Activities & Eyes Adaption Of ‘Over My Dead Body’ – Deadline
"With the help of Oren Rosenbaum, UTA’s head of emerging platforms, who represents Wondery, the company is now looking to package it up for television. “We’re talking to a number of high-level showrunners and trying to zero in on a decision,” he says."

IMHO

Last edited:
TaxProf Blog: Lawyer For Hit Man In Dan Markel Murder Case: 'Detectives Were Stationed Outside The Adelsons’ Homes, Ready To Make Arrests'
April 27 2020
''For those following the Dan Markel murder case, it’s been a long winter. ...

Of the three conspirators arrested for his murder so far, one pleaded guilty, one was convicted of first-degree murder, and one will face a retrial after the threat of COVID-19 abates and courts reopen.

But it’s been nearly six years since his July 2014 murder, and at least three members of the Adelson family — suspected of planning and orchestrating his murder — have yet to be arrested.

According to Saam Zangeneh, lawyer of convicted hit man Sigfredo Garcia, however, there may be more happening behind the scenes than we know.

Zangeneh gave a live interview Monday afternoon with the Law & Crime network on Facebook and YouTube, in which he was asked a series of questions relating to the Adelson family.

When asked to sum up his view of Wendi Adelson’s testimony, Zangeneh said that Adelson’s pattern of “not remembering” and deflecting questions under oath was equivalent to an Academy Award performance.

But the one thing he wagers was Adelson’s “biggest lie” is that “she wasn’t involved or that she didn’t know about the murder plot in advance.” ...

Zangeneh said a “little birdie” shared that detectives were already stationed outside the Adelsons’ homes, ready to make arrests, had the state secured two convictions, instead of one conviction and a mistrial.

These assertions — from a party so close to the case who has seen mountains of evidence not yet made available to the public — breathe some hope into the possibility that authorities are not satisfied with only partially solving this tragic case, and will continue to seek justice.''
rbbm

Great video— if you’re taking suggestions, how about a mathematics video that shows Wendi on the stand at the trial attempting to calculate Danny’s age when he died subtracting a series dates to avoid pretending to know he was 41.

Keep up the good work :-)

Let’s group sleuth this one.

See 3 exhibits, attached.

Reading back through trial transcripts, Charlie “Maestro” Adelson’s marital status came up a whole lot more than seems necessary.

All three teams – the state (Cappleman), Sigfredo’s defense (Zangeneh), and Katie’s defense (Kawass) asked Wendi Adelson if her big brother has ever been married.

Each time she says no. (Not that her word matters – she lied more than she told the truth in her testimony.)

The curiosity is WHY they’d ALL ask ….

Charlie’s marital status doesn’t appear relevant at face value. Trial time is a limited, precious commodity. Why use it to ask this, ESPECIALLY after it had been asked and answered already?

…. Maybe Charlie HAS been married.

In August 24 Facebook post by Charlie’s friend Clinton Stevenson shows a bunch of bros in front of a limo captioned “the maestro’s bachelor party!!!!!!!”

Here’s one take:

Charlie DID get married to invoke spousal privilege. Despite being aggressively anti-monogamy and anti-marriage, Charlie gets hitched to protect himself.

If this is so, what is it that his fiancé or short-term-wife heard, saw, or knew, in the weeks following Dan’s murder? Maybe she heard them talking about the only lead – the Prius sighting?

Another photo from Stevenson a month later shows “Maestro” on his birthday next to then-girlfriend, (maybe wife?) Whitney Kiick. We can assume the "bachelor party" would have related to Whitney. So, was it that Whitney got roped in – knew too much? Heard something she shouldn’t have?

That’s ONE theory.

What else could all this mean?

Attachments

• maestro bachelor party.png
    maestro bachelor party.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 94
  • maestro birthday meal.png
    maestro birthday meal.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Wendi asked about Charlie Adelson marital status in trial.png
    Wendi asked about Charlie Adelson marital status in trial.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 79
Hmmmmm

I think that's an essential and undeveloped storyline. Also curious about this Sully character, also in Charlie's orbit. It's odd how the defense attorneys made a point to highlight these people. Kawass pressed Wendi on Whitney, and Decoste pressed June Umchinda on Sully. Why?

We likely won't get answers until/if one or all of the masterminds/paymasters are prosecuted for this murder.

Hmmmmm

I think that's an essential and undeveloped storyline. Also curious about this Sully character, also in Charlie's orbit. It's odd how the defense attorneys made a point to highlight these people. Kawass pressed Wendi on Whitney, and Decoste pressed June Umchinda on Sully. Why?

We likely won't get answers until/if one or all of the masterminds/paymasters are prosecuted for this murder.

I like how you think, reallybusy. Now that you say it, there's another thing in common between Kiick and Sully: NEITHER were called as witnesses despite BOTH having ... valuable ... perspectives to offer.

Sully could have attested to having "fixed" KM's car on Charlie's dime (though he'd probably have been an even more hostile witness than the "Institute's" Clariza and Erika). But that would be the tip of a large iceberg of what he could share, I'd wager.

But back to Whitney for one sec.

Here's the progression of Charlie's relationships (at least the ones that lasted beyond a night or massage):

2013s - Katie M.
2014s - Whitney K. (his gf at time of murder)
2016s - June U. (his gf when "the bump" happens)

This matters, because when bump happens, undercover says Katie's name to Donna. Donna does NOT say Katie's name to Charlie, just said that it relates to an "ex-girlfriend"). Charlie immediately calls Katie, and says he's only calling her because Katie's his "last" ex-girlfriend.

Does anyone recall if it was pointed out in trial that KM was far from his "last ex" ... Whitney, at the very least, happened in between. And by all appearances, that relationship was far more serious than what he had going on with Katie.

So, back to Sully.

Sully "fixes" the car that Charlie gave KM. Charlie INSISTS that KM fixes it at Sully's shop, not elsewhere. So she does.

On wiretap, Katie is heard upset, telling Charlie she could have died, because Sully's shop didn't bolt the tires back on correctly. Charlie gets defensive. Insists she bring the car BACK to Sully, and ONLY Sully, to be fixed again.

Did Charlie ask Sully to try to help him eliminate one of his loose-ends by getting her into a crash?

If so, was that the first way that Charlie tried to kill off Katie and Sigfredo?

Stay tuned for that theory, soon .... Because there's a lot more there.

Hi everyone! Just popped in after seeing the recent thread activity.

Hoping all is well with each of you!

I see a few new faces (to me).

@fancifiction = Very apropos name! Which Adelson lawyer described the case as fanciful fiction? I hope they have them on speed dial. :cool:

@ghibercz = I loved the faux mock-up trial testimony. :p

The only thing I can add is gossipy. I don't want to break TOS but I think I can direct you to the source (FBook/IGram).

It seems an ex-GF witness may be turning back to the dark side. It was obvious from her reluctant testimony someone was still lovestruck.

Posting a 5-star review for the Adelson Institute and more recently a dentist joke. :eek: Some pool pictures seem to match older ones. Possibly one of Charlie's house? Of course I could be wrong and it matters little.

Thank goodness we have her on trial record and the 2018 interview to refresh her memory as needed. :confused:

Her testimony this round should be very interesting to watch.

upload_2020-5-16_13-31-35.png

Last edited:
Random youtubers are not allowed to be posted on Websleuths unless the owner has given permission or approval. The only youtube videos allowed are mainstream media and law enforcement.
Please report any other youtube videos.

Mainstream media and law enforcement videos are the only youtube videos allowed to be posted here. Any other random youtubers need to be approved by the owner of Websleuths, Tricia Griffith. By owner I meant the owner of Websleuths- not the owner of the youtube channel or creator.

I am an essential worker and do not log in often. I logged in this morning to see if a date for retrial was posted. Gardenista please check with other moderators to see if mentour lawyer has been approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member