GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Ms. Cappleman told the court they would use those calls for impeachment if either Sigfredo or Katie are called to testify.
I thought the latest on the calls was that all calls in Spanish were out because of translation time. All calls relating to Kawass's work product (ie client / lawyer conversations second hand ) were out . Other English language calls were in and finally J Wheeler decided next morning ? that all call recordings were embargoed because it was impossible to separate out the "Other English " calls from the rest.

I

I thought the latest on the calls was that all calls in Spanish were out because of translation time. All calls relating to Kawass's work product (ie client / lawyer conversations second hand ) were out . Other English language calls were in and finally J Wheeler decided next morning ? that all call recordings were embargoed because it was impossible to separate out the "Other English " calls from the rest.
Did he rule again? two days ago he ruled three English calls could be used.

1. I think KM will take the stand again. The defense needs a Hail Mary. It worked for them last time drawing sympathy from the two SJW jurors and I think they think it might work again. Even if they just get another hung jury, that's a win for the defense given the circumstances.
2. I read some reviews on HA's practice and a few reviews mentioned veneers. So yes HA did cosmetic but I don't think he specialized in that. Lots of low margin general dentistry. Still not sure how a one man shop generates $2M/year.

1. I think KM will take the stand again. The defense needs a Hail Mary. It worked for them last time drawing sympathy from the two SJW jurors and I think they think it might work again. Even if they just get another hung jury, that's a win for the defense given the circumstances.
2. I read some reviews on HA's practice and a few reviews mentioned veneers. So yes HA did cosmetic but I don't think he specialized in that. Lots of low margin general dentistry. Still not sure how a one man shop generates $2M/year.
unrelated.....imo, speculation.

I agree they need a hail mary, but I think their best shot would be Garcia rather than putting Katie up to be savaged here. We should know momentarily!

Isom just stated that the state instructed him/them not to record Luis Rivera’s first interview. That is suspicious.

Defense making same point as at last trial, have you arrested Wendi Adelson?

Last edited:
Isom just stated that the state instructed him/them not to record Luis Rivera’s first interview. That is suspicious.

Defense making same point as at last trial, have you arrested Wendi Adelson?

Isn't this more than one thing that (somewhat suspiciously) was not recorded, or the report was written months/years later, that the Defense has now brought up? obviously there is more evidence but it is interesting their argument this morning about law enforcement not following up on some information, the timing of Rivera implicating KM and how a lot of the information used against her (again seems per Defense) came to light after the proffer btwn. them and his attorneys, and only after his attorneys had received much more of the discovery materials.

Just some of it seems to include letter to State Attorney investigator from inmate who was stated she had "new information or confirmation of facts on Rivera" and Defense alleges she may have had information that could have either proven or disproven part of Rivera's testimony......and no one from law enforcement ever met with her, talked to her, or followed up with her according to the Defense. They're really trying hard for their client, which no matter KM's actual innocence or guilt, I really respect. Cappelman redirects witness questioning that they did go to the jail to meet with KM and that "it was a joke, right?". I know she uses some much more palatable words than legal jargon but I think that choice of words was less impactful than it could've been. It wasn't a "joke" other than it was a "joke" because they showed up and apparently that KM did not want to talk once they arrived

Last edited:
These are from 2 hours ago.

for Thursday, May 26th - Day 7

Jada E. Williams
@JadaEWilliams
·
2h
Courts back! I’m off today, so my tweets will be intermittent but I’ll still have updates throughout the day!

The defense has 6 witnesses not including #KatherineMagbanua. Still no word on if she’ll testify. Sigfredo Garcia is also not on that list.

The first defense witness is Sherry Bennet. They’re looking to impeach Jessica Rodriguez. Bennet was the one who conducted a TPD phone interview with Rodriguez.

In the phone call: “I received a bag that had money in it. I thought it was money and drugs but when I looked inside, it was just money.” Rodriguez testified earlier this week that she never knew what was in the bag and she never looked inside the bag.

In the call she says Magbanua told her she came to see the newborn baby while Garcia dropped the money off. She says they were there for about 10 minutes. Rivera wasn’t home but rushed to get the money. “It was in a public plastic bag. I didn’t know what was inside it.”

“Once Luis got there, he grabbed the bag and he left. The bag at that moment was never back at my house.” Rodriguez says in the call.

Now the defense is calling TPD Investigator Michael Dilmore. He does digital forensics.

link: https://twitter.com/JadaEWilliams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member