GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, you may learn a lot.
But, irresistably...which suspect do you know?
Would you care to enlighten on her/his characteristics as you know them?
Are you surprised they are a suspect?
I've known Tato since I was a little kid. Maybe 7 years old. Yes, I'm surprised. Not because he was an angel but because I just wouldn't have expected him to be involved in something like this.

I've known Tato since I was a little kid. Maybe 7 years old. Yes, I'm surprised. Not because he was an angel but because I just wouldn't have expected him to be involved in something like this.

Interesting. Why not? You mean just murder or any illegal activity?

2005 Dan writes on his blog:

My Dispensability Has Been Proven​

As some of you have noticed, I've been away for the last ten days, but I'm glad to see (and of course hardly surprised) that the blog has flourished in my absence. I won't speculate about which ways the arrows of causation are running here, though I do want to thank Ethan and our guest bloggers for running the asylum so proficiently...

Anyway, lots to catch up on, but I thought I'd report first on the most important development in my life that occurred recently. Last Thursday night, in a little village called Khad Nes (aka Had Ness) , which overlooks the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee), I became the luckiest guy on earth.

Wendi Adelson agreed to marry me. She now wears what she likes to call a "big girl ring," which I find has proven a worthwhile investment in terms of its deterrent powers alone. Love_birds_ii_1All I can say is: Wow, did I win the lottery of life. And it is a sentiment with which my friends and family eagerly share.

This Rivera-Is-Lying thing is completely bizzare to me. What is he lying about, specifically? That he thought he saw Wendi Adelson with her kids but it turned out that it wasn't them? If he wanted to lie to get Wendi involved directly to reduce his sentence wouldn't he just say they talked to her and she pointed out Markels house?

The question is not whether Rivera in fact saw Wendi with her kids. The question is whether Rivera thought he saw her with her kids. Try to imagine that you are high on cocaine and you are in a completely foreign city full of white people, but you are hispanic and a felon and you are camped out in a wooded park for hours stalking your intended target. Over the course of two separate trips. And you understand that you are there to murder this man for "a lady" because she "wanted her kids back". And so in your cocaine-fueled anxiety, you happen to see a lady with her kids nearby. "THERE'S THE LADY!!!". Turns out, you were wrong. But that little detail provided exactly zero evidence against Wendi, whether it was her or not.

Add up all the things Rivera told the truth about that was later corroborated by police (money drop and calls with Katie, renting cars, shooting the Prius gasline, meeting the drug dealer in Tally and getting him to rent the room, the shooting itself, the stuff they did with the money, etc. etc. etc.) Those are a lot of details that are corroborated by other witnesses or other evidence. Ok. Now add up all the things he got wrong....and then ask yourself - was this a total made-up lie or is he mis-remembering some details or getting things mixed up between trip 1 vs trip 2? And then, does this inconsistency shave off any years from his sentence? No.

Now do the same thing for Wendi Adelson and Katherine Magbanua. Hell, even June Umchinda. Now, who is the liar?

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker here and appreciate your insights. I was wondering: Does anyone have a link to the transcript or video of the Jeffrey Lacasse police interviews which occurred in the days after Dan's murder?

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker here and appreciate your insights. I was wondering: Does anyone have a link to the transcript or video of the Jeffrey Lacasse police interviews which occurred in the days after Dan's murder?
Mentour Lawyer, who now goes by “Deep Dive True Crime” seems to have removed the Lacasse videos from his YouTube channel. Or, he may have put them behind the Patreon paywall. There were actually three Lacasse police interviews. In the third (last) interview, Lacasse discussed his relationship with Wendi in depth. Mentor lawyer made the interview publicly available for a couple of days and then took it down, presumably because Lacasse or someone on his behalf asked him to do so. The interview was very personal and revealing (I.e., not appropriate for public viewing, especially in light of what a great guy Lacasse seems to be).

My goodness! I had no idea there was a thread here for this. I've read about the case a bit due to knowing one of the suspects but I haven't followed it. Now I have to go back and read everything. I still don't fully understand how any of this happened.
Listen to the podcast "Over My Dead Body" Season One - Tally

The Tallahassee Police Department (TPD) should have the police report of Jeffrey LaCase’s deposition.
Also, another interesting such police report is the Tamara Demko’s deposition.
These reports could be available to the public, per request.

Markel was shot July 18, 2014. Very early on, before LR and SG were linked to the murder, some acquaintances of the Markel and Adelson such as Jeffrey LaCase and Tamara Demko suggested to the TPD’s detectives that they should investigate the Adelsons!

Both Jeffrey LaCase and Tamara were interviewed by the TPD in July 2014.

Jeffrey LaCase pointed his finger to Charles Adelson:

"I would be investigating Charlie Adelson," Jeffrey Lacasse, a professor in the College of Social Work at FSU, told an investigator during a recorded interview in July 2014. "If you got in front of this guy, he'd set off your radar. He set off my radar."

Tamara Demko pointed her finger to Harvey Adelson:

See the picture attached.
At the top of the picture, you find the URL address of the source of information, which source has more details.

Attachments

• Tamara Demko was concerned about Harvey Adelson.png
    Tamara Demko was concerned about Harvey Adelson.png
    305 KB · Views: 86
PromotedPawn -- since Tato's bf was Garcia from an early age, did you also know Garcia (Tuto)?
If so - what was he like, and were you surprised about him? thx!

PromotedPawn -- since Tato's bf was Garcia from an early age, did you also know Garcia (Tuto)?
If so - what was he like, and were you surprised about him? thx!
I don't recognize him from childhood. Something about him is familiar (the eyes) but I can't say for sure that I remember him. I believe I've seen him around as an adult though. I can't speak on his personality or anything. Also, I'm not friends with Tato, we just happened to live in the same neighborhoods. Both as kids then coincidentally as adults our families ended up in the same areas. I'll ask one of my sisters about him tomorrow. She did hang around with them as a teenager and might be able to connect some dots.

I look forward to reading Markel family’s perspective about the murder and Dan Markel's ex-in-laws.

Up coming in September 2022 for $30 from Amazon

The Unveiling: A Mother's Reflection on Murder, Grief, and Trial Life Hardcover – September 20, 2022 by Ruth Markel

“As Danny’s mother, I have been a prominent figure, but I have never told my full story to the public before now,” Ruth writes. “That, combined with the keen interest in Danny’s murder and the popularity of true crime in general, convinces me that my story will help others through the experiences of their grief from murders, victims of violence and grandparent alienation.”

Ruth Markel is a noted author, public speaker, and the president of RNM Enterprises, a leading management consulting firm. She has worked in senior management positions in both private and public sectors for the past forty years. Ruth has lectured on issues concerning negotiation and advancement in organizations at the University of Toronto, the London Business School, and Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University.)

Attachments

• Ruth Markel.jpg
    Ruth Markel.jpg
    883 bytes · Views: 22
Kind of getting caught up here, but yeah,I don't see the appeal with Charlie at all. But if someone has never been taken care of and he lavishes them with gifts and dinners and a lifestyle they've never had, which seems his schtick, then makes sense. He's pretty insufferable though.

However, I do see what LaCasse described as Wendi's superficial charm. Am I the only one who saw a change in demeanor when she was being crossed by DeCoste to a mild flirtation? "Oh, you're just flattering me now" and the batting eyes. He was not phased at all, but I could clearly see how she's perfected that skill set with men. God LaCasse is so lucky he got away from her when he did.
I think Lacasse is a shrewder than average judge of character, and it sounds like he was rather creeped out by Charlie immediately (based on spending time with him only once, a March 2014 dinner at Miami restaurant and then going back to Charlie’s house to hot tub).

I think Lacasse is a shrewder than average judge of character, and it sounds like he was rather creeped out by Charlie immediately (based on spending time with him only once, a March 2014 dinner at Miami restaurant and then going back to Charlie’s house to hot tub).
yeah he was a good judge of character except when it came to dating wendi

yeah he was a good judge of character except when it came to dating wendi
I think the average joe could figure out within milliseconds that CA was a poser.
I think LaCasse is probably a nice guy, but just an average bloke lookin' for love...

Wendi's sensuality gags me with a spoon.
LaCasse must have had to praise her continuously for her excellent literary skills and scholarship.
If you haven't yet, please read at least parts of it...it gives insight into her mind.

I wonder how DA is doing with the nanny-spawned grandchild.
Is she lavishing that child with the same praise, gifts, and advantages as Wendi and Dan's kids?
Should the maternal side of that child's family be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly