GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to Robert Adelson, having to confront all of this, now in court it seems.

In other news, I finally listened to June Umchinda's police interview yesterday which somehow I had missed. So interesting to hear her mention Websleuths. I suspect the Adelsons are intently viewing this forum as well. Tick tock.

From the Answer to Demand For Discovery for Charles Adelson's defense Attorneys:

Here are the interesting and expected names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Wendi Adelson
Donna Adelson
Jeffery LaCase
Katherine Magbanua
June Umchinda
Sigfredo Garcia
Luis Riveria

Here are the important and intriguing names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Harvey Adelson
Amy Adler
Jerome Obed
James Keith McElveen
David J Snyder
Samantha Magbanua
Clyde Taylor

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category B Witness:

Robert Adelson

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category C Witness:

Tamara Demko

It seems inevitable that some subpoena and use and derivative use immunity issues are coming from the State of Florida.

I don't know who Tamara Demko is...???

...I finally listened to June Umchinda's police interview yesterday which somehow I had missed. So interesting to hear her mention Websleuths. I suspect the Adelsons are intently viewing this forum as well. Tick tock.
Do you have a link to the June Unchinda police interview? I searched Google and YouTube, but cannot find it. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a link to the June Unchinda police interview? I searched Google and YouTube, but cannot find it. Thanks in advance.

It's confusing as it's audio on top of video of Wendi's interrogation video. I have not run in to video of it, just audio.

(hope it's ok that I linked a youtube video like this--I've not been on this forum in awhile so might be rusty to the rules--if not I will delete with apologies)

Last edited:
what does category a versus b versus c mean ?

The “Demand For Discovery” from defense attorneys to State attorneys is to the effect of “you are accusing my client while he is innocent. Who are your witnesses, what are your evidences, and how are you planning to use them?”.

For ease of readability, the “ Answer to Demand For Discovery” responds by categorizing the witnesses in 3 categories.

Category A are optional witnesses for the stand, whereas the State “(1) intends to” but “(2) the State is not obligated to” call.

The State reveals in Category C list the witnesses who are not going to be called but their “hereby included evidence (interrogation, deposition, writings, recording etc.” will be used.

Category B lists the witnesses who qualified not in Category A nor in category C. In most criminal cases, Category B witnesses come to the stand in the post conviction phase.

Last edited:
The “Demand For Discovery” from defense attorneys to State attorneys is to the effect of “you are accusing my client while he is innocent. Who are your witnesses, what are your evidences, and how are you planning to use them?”.

For ease of readability, the “ Answer to Demand For Discovery” responds by categorizing the witnesses in 3 categories.

Category A are optional witnesses for the stand, whereas the State “(1) intends to” but “(2) the State is not obligated to” call.

The State reveals in Category C list the witnesses who are not going to be called but their “hereby included evidence (interrogation, deposition, writings, recording etc.” will be used.

Category B lists the witnesses who qualified not in Category A nor in category C. In most criminal cases, Category B witnesses come to the stand in the post conviction phase.
Very helpful--thank you!

Thanks for that link- the article is from about a week or so after the murder and has these interesting quotes concerning WA. Sounds inconsistent with someone who didn’t want to talk to the police again after the initial interview or keep tabs on new developments in the investigation. IMO

She's a basket case, she's totally, totally shocked over what happened," said Adelson's lawyer, Jimmy Judkins. "Gone from having children with two parents to children with one parent with no warning.

"She's scared to death for her children. She's scared to death for herself."

Judkins said Adelson has cooperated with police and has not been asked remain in the area.

From an earlier post

Harvey Adelson - no comment

Amy Adler Dan Markel's new girlfriend in NY. She's an academic at NYU

Jerome Obed Dr (dentist) Jerome Obed - one time room mate of CJA. I'm not clear if he stayed in CJA's house or it goes back to dental school time

James Keith McElveen - Acoustics expert

David J Snyder Interesting one. There's a David J Snyder lawyer in NY but he did not go to Harvard law school. There's a David J Snyder in the FL prison system who was a marijuana dealer. JU stated that CJA used weed. I suspect that Snyder ( Tailor in Yiddish and German -schneider ) may be known to CJA.

Samantha Magbanua in fact Samanatha Chez Magbanua. Disgraced and jailed former book keeper. Sister in law of KM. She may have been asked to fund KM's or SG's initial legal expenses because she was caught sometime after 2016.

Clyde Taylor No idea.

My heart goes out to Robert Adelson, having to confront all of this, now in court it seems.

It is highly intriguing for Dr. Robert Adelson to be listed in Category B list. Which of the sides, Adelson (his last name) or Markel or both (!!!), is he going to take?

If brother Dr. Charles Adelson were convicted of first degree murder, which is highly likely IMHO, Dr. Robert Adelson could hypothetically say, in the penalty phase:

(1) Be lenient with my dear brother because he is a good man albeit he has givers of bad advice, or
(2) Be harsh with this criminal because he deprived Wendi’s sons, my dear nephews, of a wonderful father, or
(3) He made a bad choice by having our dear brother-in-law killed but he is still my brother. Hence, do to him as you see fit he deserves.

What will be his choice?

It looks like it lists new evidence, can anyone confirm?

The State still has so much work to do, with the indicted, the named by the State as co-conspirators but not yet indicted, and the not yet named as co-conspirator but suspected on masterminding and sponsoring this murder and other misdeeds since 2014.

Are there new evidences?

This current Answer to Demand For Discovery has 5 more pages than the previous one. Obviously it lists new evidences. Some of the balance could be accounted from the so called Dolce Vita enhanced audio video surveillance recording.

State Assistant Attorney Cappleman said that the investigation of Dr. Charles Adelson is still ongoing. Hence, the “new” witnesses listed in Category A and C. One could speculate as to the potentially new information these relatively “new’ witnesses have provided.

It is unlikely that Dr. Charles Adelson would plea. New reasoning as to means and motives would perhaps be developed:
a) It is my speculation that “whoever” pays for Magbanua’s Car Washes and Defrost will be revealed and examined during Adelson’s coming trial
b) Some financial consequences of the assassination are likely to be evoked.

Hence, the newly added “items” related to Financial Records and Analyses.

How the “old” evidences will be re-used?

It is obvious that Wendi Adelson got her GSR Kit the day of her ex-husband’s execution-style slaughtering. The Kit has not served much purpose in the previous two trials. Why list it again?

Are there some new contents to be discussed in the wendiadelson@gmail.com and inthebahamas22@gmail.com accounts? Wendi Adelson seemed startled like a deer under the headlights when shown her “appointments” (perhaps from an Outlook or Gmail or phone Apps calendar) on the stand!

It is my hope that “new developments” are happening as we speak. I do not need to know everything going on with the continuing investigation. What matters to me is that all responsible for the assassination of Dan Markel will all be dealt a deserving retribution.

New evidence that we don't recognize from KMs case:

New FBI agents (so many!) including new reports from them
Category B witnesses, as mentioned above
New email for WA, as mentioned above
IEF report for WA cellphone
Cellphones without names
Osvaldo Rodriguez
Christopher Best
Sean Posner
David Perez
Saddy Castillo
Jeffrey Maximus
Jeffrey Sterling
Michael Perez
Daren Schwartz
Transcript of Matsuri Sushi meeting (HA and CA)
Jail letter from SG to KM
Jail calls from SG and KM

Last edited:
Judkins said Adelson has cooperated with police and has not been asked remain in the area.

Defense attorney statement to Tallahassee Democrat July 21 2014
Markel, the father of two young boys, ages 3 and 5, was recently divorced from fellow FSU law professor Wendi Adelson. Her attorney, Jimmy Judkins, says Adelson is cooperating with police.

Trial testimony 2019

Attachments

• 1655647021231.png
    1655647021231.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
From an earlier post

Harvey Adelson - no comment

Amy Adler Dan Markel's new girlfriend in NY. She's an academic at NYU

Jerome Obed Dr (dentist) Jerome Obed - one time room mate of CJA. I'm not clear if he stayed in CJA's house or it goes back to dental school time

James Keith McElveen - Acoustics expert

David J Snyder Interesting one. There's a David J Snyder lawyer in NY but he did not go to Harvard law school. There's a David J Snyder in the FL prison system who was a marijuana dealer. JU stated that CJA used weed. I suspect that Snyder ( Tailor in Yiddish and German -schneider ) may be known to CJA.

Samantha Magbanua in fact Samanatha Chez Magbanua. Disgraced and jailed former book keeper. Sister in law of KM. She may have been asked to fund KM's or SG's initial legal expenses because she was caught sometime after 2016.

Clyde Taylor No idea.
The Answer to Demand for Discovery says this (BBM):

David J. Snyder, Expert in Forensic Video/Audio Clarification, FBI

RSBM:
How the “old” evidences will be re-used?

It is obvious that Wendi Adelson got her GSR Kit the day of her ex-husband’s execution-style slaughtering. The Kit has not served much purpose in the previous two trials. Why list it again?
The GSR results exclude WA as the shooter. The State needs to prove to a new jury that SG/LR were hired and that SG (or LR) shot Dan. The GSR result is proof confirming that WA did not herself shoot her ex-husband. JMO

Last edited:
Just finished watching the juror interview video. Relieved that the jury got it right, but astounded that some remained open to a “not guilty” verdict for as long as they did. Although my faith in the jury system has been shored up somewhat, I wouldn’t say it has been restored.

It is hoped, the case of Dr. Charles Adelson will be easier for the Jury to analyse.
Twice, it is alleged that Dr. Charles Adelson has ordered Katherine Magbanua to kill someone.

In 2014, Dan Markel was an “issue” for Dr. Adelson’s sister Wendi. Now, Adelson is indicted and Magbanua is convicted for Dan Markel’s murder.
Again in 2016, the LE Agent who handheld the “bump operation” was an “issue” for Dr. Adelson’s mother. Again, Adelson ordered Magbanua “[…] you better kill him […] if you can’t do it, I will have someone else do it”, according to the pictured transcript excerpt from the so called Dolce Vita audio video.

Beyond the Jury convicting Charles Adelson in the Dan Markel case, what else nefarious is going on with the Adelson family?

Ordering the killing of two different people is very significant in two regards:
(1) It shows that having Magbanua send killers to solve issues with Adelson family members is a pattern of behavior for Dr. Charles Adelson
(2) Since killing is a modus operandi for the Adelson family, who else have they killed by way of retainer such as Magbanua?

Attachments

• Discussing Killing the Undercover Agent.png
    Discussing Killing the Undercover Agent.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 41
  • adelson magbanua 2014.png
    adelson magbanua 2014.png
    751 KB · Views: 39
I commend those of you who had the fortitude to stomach Wendi Adelson's entire interrogation. I just can't take much of her. But I was relistening to the Over My Dead Body podcast (which is really so good), and they play snippets of it. I was struck this time with just how rehearsed she sounds while dealing with the "news" of Dan's shooting. And when she calls her mother, narrating herself "Ok, here goes, This is the worst day of my life." It just all comes off so performative to me. I've been in that kind of moment, multiple times having to deliver terrible news involving the murder of my sister, my grandmother's death to my Dad, her son, my Dad's death to relatives. It just doesn't ring true to me having lived it (as I'm sure many of you have too). It's like she's rehearsed this and is internally going "and.....roll 'em". So focused on how she's being perceived vs. just being in the moment of this tragedy. Watching (and listening) to her skeeves me as much as Jodi Arias did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub