FL - Danielle - Feral Child in Florida

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Holy Carp!

At least she got out alive. It is so much like the Danieal Kelly story in Philadelphia, except that poor girl died.

My goodness. Poor little thing. At least she now has a chance, but what a shame it didn't come a whole lot sooner for her. What wonderful people to adopt her! I know that I couldn't do something like that. God bless.

I'm not finished reading the story yet, but wanted to comment that it's truly heartbreaking how Danielle was treated - and heartwarming how Dani is now being loved and cared for. I'm impressed by how much she has learned and I pray that she'll continue to learn and grow. Many blessings to this family. What an incredible story.

BTW, I think the biological "mom" should've served time and a lot of it - she took this child's life - maybe not physically, but she took it and threw it away, nonetheless. IMO.

This report was published on July 31st and I just came across it. I did a search here and did not come up with any evidence it had been posted.

In 2005 police arrived in response to an disturbence call. The house they were called to smelled worse than any of them had encountered. Feces covered the walls, the floor, the ceiling. The floor moved and crunched beneath their feet as they stepped on thousands and thousands of roaches. In the closet they found Danielle. She was 7 yrs old and weighed 46lbs. She was covered with hundreds of roach bites and maggots. She was wearing a fully loaded diaper. She could not speak. She had been completely and utterly neglected, kept in a closet with no love, no words, only the roaches and the four foot high stack of used diapers.

St. Petersburg Times published an in-depth story about Danielle in July. She has been adopted into a loving family. This is her story.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece

OMG, I am crying for that poor little sweetheart. Why do people have children and do this to them? God bless the family that took her in and the person that cared enough to call and the detectives and family services for helping that angel. I feel bad for William though, having to sleep in the laundry room. I wish Extreme Home Makeover would give this family a bigger house. William is quite an exceptional child to not complain and be such a great big brother.

How horrible! I agree with teonspaleprincess..How can people do this to their children??? Thank God for the adoptive family. I have no doubt Dani will blossom even more under their loving care.

What an incredibly amazing family!

What gripes me is the birth mother gets a plea deal. If she waives her parental rights, they won't send her to jail. She takes the plea deal and is given two years of house arrest, probation, and 100 hours of community service (which was waived by a judge at a later time). What a freaking deal for her! Another law that does not protect the child (victim).

My question is who is going to monitor this bimbo from having more children and repeating the crime? What a good job the FL dept of Children and Families welfare did… Good grief…

I read the article back about a month ago and was moved to tears. Even now the mother doesn't seem to understand what it is they did wrong.

"She screamed a lot," Michelle says. "I just thought she was spoiled."

Michelle is the birth-mom, describing infant Danielle. Unbelievable. I can't believe she didn't do any jail time.

I am sick to death that you can torture a child for years and years and go relatively unpunished. I don't understand how any judge could look at this woman and what she did to Danielle and waive her community service and accept a plea deal. This woman should be in prison. She is obviously not fit to survive in society. She is a disgusting human being and I have not an ounce of sympathy for her.

I am sick to death that you can torture a child for years and years and go relatively unpunished. I don't understand how any judge could look at this woman and what she did to Danielle and waive her community service and accept a plea deal. This woman should be in prison. She is obviously not fit to survive in society. She is a disgusting human being and I have not an ounce of sympathy for her.

Seriously. If this had been a child or adult kidnapped by a stranger, held for years against her will, left without food and water, tortured, left in a room filled with her soiled clothing.......that stranger, when caught, would be headline news for months, and quickly found guilty and put UNDER the jail.

But a parent does the exact. same. thing, and gets to go on about her life, la de dah free.

OMG, not finished reading this article and the bio mother never went to jail? If there was ever a case of extreme jail time - this is it! eventually she would have just lost her parental rights through the courts anyway. She would have never got this child back and this is the punishment? I'm just astounded at the laziness of some people - because that's what it is - laziness. Less paperwork, less court hearings, etc.

What about justice for this child who I'm assuming will never be a normal child.

I don't think they've 'hidden' very well from the mother. I located them in 1 minute. They should have changed their names as well.

Seriously. If this had been a child or adult kidnapped by a stranger, held for years against her will, left without food and water, tortured, left in a room filled with her soiled clothing.......that stranger, when caught, would be headline news for months, and quickly found guilty and put UNDER the jail.

But a parent does the exact. same. thing, and gets to go on about her life, la de dah free.

You nailed it, didn't you??? If a stranger battered a child, jail time would be a guarantee-not if you gave birth however...

There's another Lifetime movie about a wild child called When Andrew Came Home about a boy who is kidnapped when he's a small child and kept for 5 years. He's treated like an animal, and so that's how he acts.

The case of Danielle is a miracle. It's a miracle that she was found and adopted into a loving family. It's a miracle that the "mother" got away with abusing her daughter like that.

The brothers were mentally handicapped, right? Was the mother mentally challenged as well? I mean, officially?

[I have seen that movie to, but it doesnt compare at all to the poor girl in the other. You will never forget it.

QUOTE=Mhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2704309#r. E;2704309]There's another Lifetime movie about a wild child called When Andrew Came Home about a boy who is kidnapped when he's a small child and kept for 5 years. He's treated like an animal, and so that's how he acts.

The case of Danielle is a miracle. It's a miracle that she was found and adopted into a loving family. It's a miracle that the "mother" got away with abusing her daughter like that.

The brothers were mentally handicapped, right? Was the mother mentally challenged as well? I mean, officially?[/QUOTE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back