FL FL - David Brown, 69, was walking his dog in the woods, the dog came home w/o him, seen w/o shoes on video, Brooksville, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Trail goes cold in search for missing cancer patient last seen in Hernando County: 'Vanished into thin air'​

Amy Brown told FOX 13 that her husband was diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer last spring. Earlier this month, she brought him down to Hernando County to spend time with his brother, Carl.

On Aug. 13, David Brown wanted to walk to a special tree to pray, according to his wife. She added that the trail to the tree was blocked, so Carl temporarily left David to go get equipment to remove it.

Amy Brown told FOX 13 that Ring video captured her husband knocking on a woman’s door, asking for directions to the tree.
I don't know if he got lost and he's hurt and he's lying in the woods somewhere," Amy Brown shared. "There's a possibility that somebody may have given him a ride. I don't know. I'm really baffled by all this. I think he would try his best to get back to us because he loves his family."

On Monday, HCSO announced it stopped all active searches for David Brown but is continuing to analyze evidence this week

vlcsnap-2024-08-22-16h27m07s221.jpg

David Brown disappeared while looking for a tree in Hernando County that he wanted to pray by.

Trail goes cold in search for missing cancer patient last seen in Hernando County: 'Vanished into thin air'

I don’t like this one at all! Stage 4 prostate cancer, flowers and looking for the perfect tree?

why would his brother leave him? that parts weird. Why not say let’s go back together and we can come back and remove the tree.
I don't think he wanted to remove the tree, I think he was trying to get to the tree to pray and something was blocking the trail. IMO. Neither here nor there, Praying they find him.

I don't think he wanted to remove the tree, I think he was trying to get to the tree to pray and something was blocking the trail. IMO. Neither here nor there, Praying they find him.
yes a fallen tree in the article I posted. he also walked up to someone’s house asking for directions to the “perfect tree”

yes a fallen tree in the article I posted. he also walked up to someone’s house asking for directions to the “perfect tree”
His wife said he wanted to visit a “special” tree not a perfect one. I took that to mean an unusual tree (e.g., the one in the earlier pic) that would possibly have been familiar to people who live in the area.

Also, in the photo taken of him by the neighbors camera, is that a bite mark on his arm? I added a couple of dog bite pictures for comparison.IMG_1686.jpeg

His wife said he wanted to visit a “special” tree not a perfect one. I took that to mean an unusual tree (e.g., the one in the earlier pic) that would possibly have been familiar to people who live in the area.

Also, in the photo taken of him by the neighbors camera, is that a bite mark on his arm? I added a couple of dog bite pictures for comparison.View attachment 526370
Good eye. I don't know if it's a bite mark or not but if he was attacked by a dog, then that might account for the loss of his shoes, one sock and the tatters.

Good eye. I don't know if it's a bite mark or not but if he was attacked by a dog, then that might account for the loss of his shoes, one sock and the tatters.
I didn't notice this either when I first saw the photo but in looking at it with digital editing that allowed me to sharpen it slightly and enlarge, it's undetermined that it's a bite. I had an almost identical wound a couple years ago from being gouged by a branch while working in some brush. In my opinion, if he had an animal bite, there would have been blood on his white shirt and pants. I'm thinking that if the wound is fresh it was more likely received when gathering whatever plants he has in his hands, enough that it left a noticeable red mark but not enough to bleed on nearby fabric.

Re: the wound- I work with elderly in healthcare settings, so many are very frail and ill with nutrition concerns. Not to speculate that David met those descriptors exactly but we do know he wasn’t in the best of health, and from his stature in the surveillance pics it appears he was relatively frail. All do this to say - his wound looks exactly like many of the bad skin tears that many of my patients get from what would at first glance look to be “minor” injuries. Often times, where someone younger or healthier would get a bruise or maybe a superficial scratch, for these individuals the skin will completely peel back like in that picture, even from something seemingly small like running into a door frame or a wall corner. Skin at that age and with poor nutrition is remarkably fragile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back