FL FL - David Brown, 69, was walking his dog in the woods, the dog came home w/o him, seen w/o shoes on video, Brooksville, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the first cam pic above looks like he is hushing his brother s dog, which in turn is very attentitve to someone (another dog? A person ? Another animal?
This may explain why the dog returned alone, not being held on leash it may have run after sth and then being alone, returned to its home

David is not familiar with the area, being from Georgia; he came to Hernando County, Florida to visit his brother Carl.

Coming upon a fallen tree is why the brother (Carl) left David and Snoopy (dog), wanting to return with a tractor to move it.

8:30 am David missing
10:04 trail cam sighting, walking south in woods near Batten Rd
10:58 game cam sighting at Batten Rd near Hayman
12:00 Snoopy came home, alone

David went up to a home in the neighborhood and said he was looking for a specific oak tree in an open field that looked up to the heavens to plant flowers near it. He was carrying wildflowers with his left arm.
(I am unsure of the time or location of this home)

One shoe, one sock and glasses were recovered near the first camera.
(I am unsure where this “first camera” is.)

Fox13 Tampa Bay article mentioning WeAreTheEssentials, a nonprofit search and recovery investigators group involved.

We Are The Essentials FB page, where info above was gathered from. Several posts there about missing person David Brown.

I have wondered if he does not want to be found; he just wants to be alone in nature. If that is the case, and they find him, does he have the legal right to do that? Or will they force him to the hospital?

Reactions: nao
AUG 24, 2024
  • Members of We Are The Essentials were joined by K-9 teams from Sumter County.
  • His wife said, "He is sick. He's terminally ill. I know he didn't want to face that."
  • Deputies said David disappeared after walking in the woods with a dog.
  • Video surveillance last spotted him in Brooksville on Batten Rd, between Deerfly Rd and Family Ln on Aug. 13.
  • A shoe, a sock and glasses have been recovered.
  • We Are The Essentials members are asking the public to review any camera or dash cam footage from that morning and onwards.
  • "I do know that there are game cameras on a lot of properties, and so if somebody has something on their game cameras, that could be crucial to the investigation in finding Mr. Brown," Shelly Croft, WATE treasurer and a licensed private investigator, said.
View attachment 526764

View attachment 526765

View attachment 526766

The shirt rip looks very uniform, almost as if it was cut with scissors.
I don't think so, you can see a torn piece of shirt hanging down in the still above, and he's got a wound on his arm.

I have wondered if he does not want to be found; he just wants to be alone in nature. If that is the case, and they find him, does he have the legal right to do that? Or will they force him to the hospital?
I don't think he's been walking around for 12 days in heat indexes up to 103 F with stage 4 prostate cancer.

I don't think so, you can see a torn piece of shirt hanging down in the still above, and he's got a wound on his arm.

I don't think he's been walking around for 12 days in heat indexes up to 103 F with stage 4 prostate cancer.
Red: Thank you. I had not seen that previously.

Blue: I was asking hypothetically, but there is a chance he is alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back