FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's hard to say how teenage boys grow, it differs from person to person. Some boys I went to school with hardly grew at all, others grew about a foot within 3 months.

OT: Someone I dated in HS who grew a foot the summer before our senior year. He was my height when junior year ended. When we came back, he towered over me. That was the year the freshman were brought up to the high school, and they looked like elementary schoolers scurrying around the halls. The boys were so tiny!

I wonder if this guy was ever questioned in the murder of this UID? He I believe was the guy at the Bike shop who murdered Irvin Ziglar, the 11 yr old kid that was murderd
ok I was able to read the article.. says Irvin was found partially clothed and they assumed he was molested. says also there was a knife found by his body.. but it does not say anything about being stabbed.. and the article is from Monday the 8th... it says he was found on Saturday... and reported missing on Wed which would make that the 3rd and they believe he was killed on Thursday the 4th..... now back to John Doe e was found on Sunday the 7th and believed to have been killed on the 3rd... I wonder how far is it from Bradenton to the Lake where they found John Doe...

I just came across the guy that killed Irvin Ziglar and I am posting his mugshot and info. I wonder if he was ever questioned on the UID Daytona kid?

Attachments

• IMG_1057.png
    IMG_1057.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
oh wait.. I actually just dawned on something... I am looking at the photos of the Sheriffs Boys Ranch Notice the last one on the the page.. The boys are all painting the gate with rollers... I wonder if the paint flecks on the wallet matches the paint on the gate? I wonder when the photos of the boys painting the gate were from.. and also looking at the photo one of the boys shoes looks like john does shoes... but that could be what they wore at the time.. I don't know.. but the paint is what stood out to me just now.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf
View attachment 115186View attachment 115187View attachment 115188

2128UMFL
Additional Personal Items: Black wallet with paint flecks on it was found in his left rear pant pocket.
I think Iam going back to my original feeling of where he came from

oh wait.. I actually just dawned on something... I am looking at the photos of the Sheriffs Boys Ranch Notice the last one on the the page.. The boys are all painting the gate with rollers... I wonder if the paint flecks on the wallet matches the paint on the gate? I wonder when the photos of the boys painting the gate were from.. and also looking at the photo one of the boys shoes looks like john does shoes... but that could be what they wore at the time.. I don't know.. but the paint is what stood out to me just now.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf
View attachment 115186View attachment 115187View attachment 115188

2128UMFL
Additional Personal Items: Black wallet with paint flecks on it was found in his left rear pant pocket.
I finally got in touch with Voluisa County Sheriffs Dept and spoke with Ralph who is active in the Cold Cases there. He was so nice to speak with!!
I have shared my tip that I believe the kid ran away From the Sheriffs Ranch. (Supports the isotopes of kid being from area)
I told him to look at the photos of the kids painting the fence (Iam posting them again) there is a kid that I believe looks like the recon and he is wearing the same shoes the UID had.
I also mentioned that the wallet found with the UID had paint specks on it which is another reason the photo stood out to me. They could of had the kids paint a bunch of things around the ranch.
I told him about this thread which has so much information submitted from all of us!! I have to honestly say I am really excited!! Hopefully something will come of it and this kid can get his name back!!

Attachments

• IMG_1838.PNG
    IMG_1838.PNG
    679.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1839.PNG
    IMG_1839.PNG
    637.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1840.PNG
    IMG_1840.PNG
    678.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1841.PNG
    IMG_1841.PNG
    634.2 KB · Views: 47
I finally got in touch with Voluisa County Sheriffs Dept and spoke with Ralph who is active in the Cold Cases there. He was so nice to speak with!!
I have shared my tip that I believe the kid ran away From the Sheriffs Ranch. (Supports the isotopes of kid being from area)
I told him to look at the photos of the kids painting the fence (Iam posting them again) there is a kid that I believe looks like the recon and he is wearing the same shoes the UID had.
I also mentioned that the wallet found with the UID had paint specks on it which is another reason the photo stood out to me. They could of had the kids paint a bunch of things around the ranch.
I told him about this thread which has so much information submitted from all of us!! I have to honestly say I am really excited!! Hopefully something will come of it and this kid can get his name back!!

Did you happen to ask him about using forensic genealogy? Not sure if DDP would take his case because of his age, but perhaps another group? IIRC, there was sufficient DNA for profiling for this JD, but they can do so much with degraded samples nowadays, it was def. worth mentioning.

Did you happen to ask him about using forensic genealogy? Not sure if DDP would take his case because of his age, but perhaps another group? IIRC, there was sufficient DNA for profiling for this JD, but they can do so much with degraded samples nowadays, it was def. worth mentioning.

No actually I did not. This was the first time I have ever spoken to anyone about any case. I just stuck to the photo and boys ranch theory. sorry

Despite my crack above, most LE agencies in Florida are good people trying really hard. I'm glad you spoke to them!

Despite my crack above, most LE agencies in Florida are good people trying really hard. I'm glad you spoke to them!
Hahah no worries carbuff...I felt the same exact way, because I have reached out in the past to others and NOBODY ever got back to me. So I became tainted and ONLY posted here on websleuths and let others call it in. Until a couple of weeks ago I got the balls up again to call and explain my theory on the paintand low and behold you write the comment and I get the call back and make contact ha!!!! Funny how things work.

It seems like many LE agencies have become much more concerned and conscientious about their old cases and about public relations. That's all good.

I came across this which I found interesting.. well it does not give us the name of the boy.. but May 8 was the day after they found this John Doe and I believe the day they found the other boy in the groves. Just thought it was interesting .. it could be nothing..
https://alachuasheriff.org/pdfs/ACSO History Project Word version.pdf

On May 8, 1972, tragedy struck in the jail again, this time in the form of a suicide. Joseph Trent, a 29 year-old male was discovered hanging in a cell less than an hour after he had been booked into the facility. Unfortunately for Sheriff Crevasse, it was later discovered that the regular corrections deputy had called in sick and an inexperienced deputy had been put in his place to cover the shift. This event was the last straw for the County Commission– and for Sheriff Crevasse.

I came across a post on Reddit and I don't think we can link those here. If we can someone let me know and I will do it. If not then I will just explain.
Someone wrote a rather long a theory on the boy being from an intitution andknowing and older guy then stealing the bike to meet him and the guy he went to meet killed him . It made me think of this post I posted a while back of this guy who was arrested and hung himself in prison the Next day after this boy was found.
This prison was not to far from the lake where the boy was found at. It could totally be a coincidence but it would be interesting to know why the guy got arrested in the first place and if he had any connections to any institutions where a younger boy like our UID would be at... just thinking out loud.

Someone posted it in a Facebook group , the post was removed. I can't view the photo properly without paying a subscription for newspapers.com

I think this is the article you referring to. Suburbanite Economist Newspaper Archives, Nov 10, 1971 It's about Donald Dawson a 12 year old missing from Alsip, Illinois. He went missing in November 1971. I couldn't find a missing persons file for him anywhere. Last time he was seen he was dressed in a shirt, trousers and a brown hooded jacket. I don't think it's this UID, although I would like to know what became of this missing persons case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back