FL FL - DeLand, Male Skeletal UP12776, 18-25, in Garbage Bag, Mar'14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well I've never thought it was Holly Bobo anyway but I do think it has a high probability of being Heather Elvis due to the location of the remains and the Mickey Mouse sheets.
Do you believe they know it's Heather, and LE just won't/can't say that? I've thought it was Heather, but wondered why they keep saying they don't know yet.

I didn't think it was likely to be Bobo, however after the connection to the area I thought there was a chance. I do think it's a high likelihood of being HE, and I really do hope they were stupid enough to leave a Mickey Mouse sheet with her if so. Regardless of who it is, I hope we find out soon, and more importantly I hope a family can stop searching and begin healing.

Do you believe they know it's Heather, and LE just won't/can't say that? I've thought it was Heather, but wondered why they keep saying they don't know yet.

Maybe they don't want people of interest to know they have body and evidence yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC a gag order was issued in Heather's case in late March, so I don't think LE would be allowed to confirm it's her if they knew. Hell, they might not even be allowed to even tell the family yet.

No. They have other ways of phrasing it if they don't want to say. If they say they don't know, I think it's because they don't know. We might not be able to imagine why but that doesn't mean the reasons don't exist.

I'm glad that some progress is being made. The article linked above indicated that there are hopes to link the body to the HE case by Winter.

I keep checking for any new info and I'm going to copy link to an article from August regarding the remains. I have read it again today several times and I really feel like LE wants us to know it's Heather but just can't say it because of the gag order.
Florida even states in the article that autopsy results are public BUT can be private if LE need that for active investigations. Seems like there would be some kind of news about looking for who they belong to in Florida but it seems like there hasn't even been anything more reported in FL news either.
As far as HE dental records in Namus do you think LE pulled them out of the records for now until the trial? If the body (also in Namus but no info except the "clothing" found) could be linked to HE via DNA match/dental records the public would find out. I just find it suspicious that DNA on the body isn't listed as found on the site yet. The missing puzzle pieces are "missing" on purpose....?

I keep checking for any new info and I'm going to copy link to an article from August regarding the remains. I have read it again today several times and I really feel like LE wants us to know it's Heather but just can't say it because of the gag order.
Florida even states in the article that autopsy results are public BUT can be private if LE need that for active investigations. Seems like there would be some kind of news about looking for who they belong to in Florida but it seems like there hasn't even been anything more reported in FL news either.
As far as HE dental records in Namus do you think LE pulled them out of the records for now until the trial? If the body (also in Namus but no info except the "clothing" found) could be linked to HE via DNA match/dental records the public would find out. I just find it suspicious that DNA on the body isn't listed as found on the site yet. The missing puzzle pieces are "missing" on purpose....?
http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

I think that would be cruel to Heather's family, if they make them wait for many months. IF this is her. I don't know why that would be under the gag order. They only have to say it's her, and not another word. Strange!

I feel stupid for not noticing this before, but the gag order came about a day or two after the remains were found.

Could just be a coincidence, but the media has really been implying that LE thinks these might be Heather's, so I wouldn't be surprised if the discovery of the remains is part of what led to the judge's decision to set a gag order in place.

I feel stupid for not noticing this before, but the gag order came about a day or two after the remains were found.

Could just be a coincidence, but the media has really been implying that LE thinks these might be Heather's, so I wouldn't be surprised if the discovery of the remains is part of what led to the judge's decision to set a gag order in place.

Body found in FL. March 20th
http://m.clickorlando.com/news/cops-human-remains-found-in-deland/25073396

Horry County police contacted FL regarding remains either March 20 or 21. Reported in news on March 21.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/25039646/...uthorities-after-skeletal-remains-found-in-fl

Gag order issued same day as above article came out March 21
http://m.wmbfnews.com/wmbfnews/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:vHFpQT5e

IMO not a coincidence....

http://www.wbtw.com/story/27169088/...kely-not-heather-elvis-sheriffs-officials-say

Officials in Florida say that human remains found in an area near Orlando are likely not those of missing Horry County woman Heather Elvis...

“Heather Elvis went missing approximately three months before the remains were found here,” Gary Davidson, spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, told WBTW-TV. “The experts who've examined the remains are confident that they're older than three months.”

"Based upon what we do know at this point in investigation, we've advised law enforcement authorities in South Carolina that we're reasonably confident that the remains are not those of Heather Elvis," Davidson told WBTW by phone.

LE says they 'don't think it is Heather because of the 3 month timing'...............
BUT DNA should be back so they should KNOW if it is or isn't Heather..........JMOO

EDIT: Sorry. I saw a post on FB saying these were identified, but apparently the person got this UID mixed up with another one who was actually found in a house by a cleaning crew. Those were just identified as Misti Whitfield, who went missing in May 2013.

I'm honestly a little surprised to see that these probably aren't Heather's. I thought it was a good possibility because of the Mickey Mouse sheet + the media implying it was her.

Alicia Griffith - Went missing almost 2 months before the remains were found, 40 miles away.

Here's a list of women missing within 100 miles and two years of the UID's discovery.
I know the sex is still undetermined according to NamUs, but I think it's safe to assume our UID is female considering how hard LE looked at Heather.

Christene Moore - Another one from Orlando. Went missing almost 1 1/2 years prior.

Kristine Bruce - Went missing about 4 months prior, 63 miles away. Last seen wearing a robe; UID was wrapped in a robe.

Jeanette Turley - Went missing about 8 months prior, only 27 miles away.

Sandra Lemire - Went missing almost 2 years prior. Was headed to Kissimmee, which is 63 miles away from where the UID was found.

Mary Rhodes - Went missing about 2 years prior, 96 miles away.

(I could haves sworn I made a post referencing a post from oceanblueeyes in another thread, how these might be the remains of a child since that is common for a mother to wrap the remains of her child in a blanket---can't find the posts now so marking my spot to link appropriately when I find obe's post! Gosh, I remember linking articles and everything with similar cases even involving Disney blankets, maybe I posted it another thread...)

LE says they 'don't think it is Heather because of the 3 month timing'...............
BUT DNA should be back so they should KNOW if it is or isn't Heather..........JMOO

They've said repeatedly that they don't. We can speculate all we want as to the why, and complain all we want that they should, but we won't make the results magically appear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85
Back