Found Deceased FL - Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New leads emerge in search of Diana Alvarez

FORT MYERS, Fla. Crews are now focusing the search for Diana Alvarez between Okeechobee and Orlando, where traces of her DNA has been found.

"Traces of Dianas DNA were found in 2 specific places" places that are verified spots that JG had been

Wow!! Who knew this was possible? I just hope and pray that it leads them to Diana. I think that, with everything else we know, there is enough circumstantial evidence to convict him now. I mean, she is definitely not around, dna (possibly from BLOOD) in areas where we know he was...along with the *advertiser censored*, etc....I would surely say GUILTY. Maybe they could make a deal for no death penalty if he tells them where she is.

Technology can be super eerie and unsettling in a lot of ways. But when you see this type of thing and know that it's getting harder and harder for criminals to get away with hurting the innocents, it's a great thing.

how far apart are the two places where Diana's dna was found?

I'm confused. I do not mean to sound critical or disrespectful in any way, I am trying to understand.
Didn't search teams search these same areas shortly after she came up missing?
I thought they were all over the place where he had been. I pray she is found, give the family some closure. Only wish it was better circumstances.

I'm confused. I do not mean to sound critical or disrespectful in any way, I am trying to understand.
Didn't search teams search these same areas shortly after she came up missing?
I thought they were all over the place where he had been. I pray she is found, give the family some closure. Only wish it was better circumstances.

According to the reporter in this video, LE never searched these two specific locations of interest.

http://www.winknews.com/2017/06/02/new-leads-emerge-in-search-of-diana-alvarez/

Learned something new today. Is this what they are talking about?
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/410874/a-portable-dna-detector/

"A new portable DNA analyzer performs real-time analysis of blood samples left at the scene of a crime. Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, developed the device, which packs microfluidics, electronics, optics, and chemical detection technology into a single briefcase-sized unit. “While previous groups have developed lab-on-a-chip systems, none of them have succeeded in making a completely portable, robust system that can be used at a scene,” says team leaderRichard Mathies."

Why did they have to use brothers dna instead of hers? No toothbrush? Or hair brush? Or clothes that weren't washed? Or something! ?!?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Technology can be super eerie and unsettling in a lot of ways. But when you see this type of thing and know that it's getting harder and harder for criminals to get away with hurting the innocents, it's a great thing.

If only all this fantastic new tech could be somehow used to stop these monsters before they hurt innocent victims.

I'm just guessing but maybe a big sample of familial DNA is more dependable than a small amount of year old DNA?

I'm just guessing but maybe a big sample of familial DNA is more dependable than a small amount of year old DNA?
True but missing child should have sent up the "get dna immediately" flag, I would think.

True but missing child should have sent up the "get dna immediately" flag, I would think.

I would think they would have gathered DNA samples from her toothbrush or whatever a year ago when she went missing, maybe there wasn't enough of a sample.?

Peace River volunteer search group to focus on two areas in Diana Alvarez search

June 8, 2017

A recent search for Diana Alvarez led a group to at least two areas they plan to re-examine once flood waters recede.

Rev. Sarah Whitten-Grigsby, public information officer and chaplain for Peace River K9 Search and Rescue, said the group that organized a search for the missing 9-year-old girl found evidence in at least two places they checked.

[...]

Thomas Busatta, the attorney who represents Diana's family, said one of the locations is near the family's Sheltering Pines home.

[...]

The Peace River volunteer group is searching independently of law enforcement, but any information they find is forwarded to the sheriff's office, Whitten-Grigsby said. The two areas were flooded by recent rainfall, but she said she expects the search to resume as early as next week.

omg Im so nervous. Why now and not a year ago? Its all so strange

No news.....waiting....hopeful.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I don't see any updates on the search....thinking of Diana....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back