Found Deceased FL - Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know what the reason might be that Diana is not listed in NamUs? There are 2 Diana's listed for the state of Florida however DA is not one of them.

Her family may not know about it. I've followed cases where it took forever to get it listed there due to various reasons. I'm not sure that LE initiates it.

I just wish people put less stock in their hinky meters than in the local law enforcement and the FBI.
They have said there are no other suspects. The family is going through utter hell.
I have followed many cases where new/different info comes out as the case evolves. In fact, most of them.
I think they did not want to spook this guy too early or give too much info out but the family understandably got frustrated
and decided to let more of it out there. Step Dad was detained for 14 hours, he took a poly, not sure what else the guy is supposed to do.

Also, calling off the active search is extremely common. There is a lot of ground to cover down there, some of it dangerous, if they
have absolutely zero clue where this guy put her, they can't indefinitely keep wading through swamps. I'm sure they wish they had the money and man power to do that.
I wonder if the family can call in help from searches outside of law enforcement at this time?

I just can't imagine trying to navigate this nightmare in a country where I barely speak the language, and having to give birth to one child while slowly realizing my other is probably not coming back alive. :(

I do not see this as a trafficking case whatsoever. He took too long grooming her and could have taken her when he had easier access to her and just quickly handed her off while pretending to have an alibi.
The way he was bragging to his ex girlfriend about Diana being "obsessed" with him shows how obsessed he was with her. He wanted her all to himself. I also think the FBI would have found some kind of trail.
And honestly, with a murder charge looming, if she was alive I'd think he'd spill by now and make a deal to tell where she was, he'd get a decent one I am sure if he could get her back alive.

Another thing about the trafficking angle, this guy has to be around people who are fresh to this country and illegal. Traffickers LOVE girls who can't speak English and have zero ties.
If he was selling girls he could easily find ones who would not be as missed. Why would he take one who's Dad is almost a citizen and has been here for years?
He also could just grab them, he wouldn't have to groom them for a year. More profit.
No, he wanted Diana.

I just wish people put less stock in their hinky meters than in the local law enforcement and the FBI.
They have said there are no other suspects..

Snipped by me, for space---

Where did law enforcement say there were no other suspects? Not a single person has been charged with anything having to do with her disappearance yet.

Don't get me wrong- I am not saying he's not involved. I am just trying to get the facts straight. He was (so far) charged with child exploitation and child *advertiser censored*- is that right? I can't find him in any jail, so I can't see the exact charges. But, he (nor anyone) has been charged with anything directly relating to her, yet. And as far as I know, no one else has been let off the hook. So, no "hinky meter" here. I will not rule out her being trafficked until the FBI puts that to rest. If we go by the "no one has been charged" rule, then we would have to count him out, too. And I'm not doing that, for sure!

***** also, snipped by me for space.

I'm trying to figure out who you're directing the comment at, I can't make myself think it's to the people here....

anyways,
I have never seen a case where the basic timeline & key parts (supposed to be facts) of the story change so much.

Steven Williams passed a polygraph.

the GF of JGT is a not a reliable source at all.

there was a tropical storm the week after DA went missing, that could have destoyed any trail. plus, where is the white van the restaurant owner saw the night DA went missing? & where is the black Chevy? only 1 of JGT's cars (that we know of) are accounted for.

the brothers also lived w/ MA for 5-6 years so JGT was in little DA's life for the majority of it.

this whole case is crazy.
the more I find out the more questions that I have.

I love love love facts.
though I sometimes let my thoughts run on this case, everything I believe or can't believe come from a black & white or an interview which I am always more than happy to supply.

They have said there are no other suspects. The family is going through utter hell.
I have followed many cases where new/different info comes out as the case evolves. In fact, most of them.
I think they did not want to spook this guy too early or give too much info out but the family understandably got frustrated
and decided to let more of it out there. Step Dad was detained for 14 hours, he took a poly, not sure what else the guy is supposed to do.

Also, calling off the active search is extremely common. There is a lot of ground to cover down there, some of it dangerous, if they
have absolutely zero clue where this guy put her, they can't indefinitely keep wading through swamps. I'm sure they wish they had the money and man power to do that.
I wonder if the family can call in help from searches outside of law enforcement at this time?

I just can't imagine trying to navigate this nightmare in a country where I barely speak the language, and having to give birth to one child while slowly realizing my other is probably not coming back alive. :(

I do not see this as a trafficking case whatsoever. He took too long grooming her and could have taken her when he had easier access to her and just quickly handed her off while pretending to have an alibi.
The way he was bragging to his ex girlfriend about Diana being "obsessed" with him shows how obsessed he was with her. He wanted her all to himself. I also think the FBI would have found some kind of trail.
And honestly, with a murder charge looming, if she was alive I'd think he'd spill by now and make a deal to tell where she was, he'd get a decent one I am sure if he could get her back alive.
I absolutely agree with all of your post. The only extra angle I am thinking about is in regards to step-mom NV. I worry that some of her small children may have been exposed to this slimeball as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised if it was recent.

I remember it.

I think so.
I watched one video where she almost assaulted Diana's stepfather. I'm at work now so I can't find it but it's in a news link on the first forum.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Where did law enforcement say there were no other suspects?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ap-amber-alert-diana-alvarez-20160616-story.html

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said in a statement that law enforcement agencies will continue to work on the case. He said no additional suspects are being investigated.

He was (so far) charged with child exploitation and child *advertiser censored*- is that right? I can't find him in any jail, so I can't see the exact charges.

For the exact charges review the indictment here;

Violations: 18 U.S.C. §§ 2251 (a) and 2251 (e) 18 U.S.C. §§ 2252(a)(4)(B) and 2252(b)(2)

Guerrero is being detained by the FBI so even though he may physically be in the Lee County Jail he will not show in their roster because there are no local charges against him.

I do wonder though if charges won't be eventually brought against anyone that may have assisted Jorge in covering up his crime...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ap-amber-alert-diana-alvarez-20160616-story.html

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said in a statement that law enforcement agencies will continue to work on the case. He said no additional suspects are being investigated

I would like to see that "statement" by the sheriff. Sometimes, it isn't as it seems. In Beverly Carter's case, they arrested Arron Lewis. They said they were not seeking any additional suspects. 1 month later, they arrested his wife, Crystal Lowery. Reading back, she wasn't an "additional" suspect because they already knew she was involved. She was additional to us, but not to them! They were waiting for enough solid evidence to arrest. Both have since been convicted of kidnapping and murdering her, together.

I am not being difficult, I am just saying that no one has been cleared and no one has been arrested in Diana's disappearance or her death or trafficking (whatever the case may be) yet. It is highly likely he acted alone. It is also highly likely someone else knows a lot. There are still other players that are front and center of this investigation.

I would like to see that "statement" by the sheriff.

The statement was provided above from Sheriff Mike Scott.

I am not being difficult, I am just saying that no one has been cleared and no one has been arrested in Diana's disappearance or her death or trafficking (whatever the case may be) yet. It is highly likely he acted alone. It is also highly likely someone else knows a lot. There are still other players that are front and center of this investigation.

I agree that no one has been arrested or charged with Diana's disappearance. However, when you stated he likely acted alone but someone else knows a lot is contradictory. If he acted alone who else would know anything? And what other players are you referring to as being front and center? I'd like to understand what the facts are that you're presenting other than no one has been charged with any crime related to Diana's disappearance.

A different point of view is always welcome.

RSBM

Guerrero is being detained by the FBI so even though he may physically be in the Lee County Jail he will not show in their roster because there are no local charges against him.

I haven't been able to find him listed in custody in any federal or local inmate source except when I search VineLink. Using https://www.vinelink.com/#/home to search offenders you'll find JGT listed as follows (as of this original posting):

Offender Name: GUERRERO-TORRES, JORGE MANUEL
Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: LEE COUNTY JAIL
Notify Me of Status Changes
Less Info
Offender ID: 830260
Date of Birth: 05/01/1988

Not much luck finding him on the Lee County site or the FDLE inmate searches. I also missed it the first few searches by misplacing the double "RR" in the last name so...FWIW. Anyone find any other listing for him?

While pumping gas today, Diana's Amber Alert came up on the news at the pump. This was at 6125 E Highway 100, Flagler Beach, FL 32136, right at I-95, north of Daytona Beach. I was out of town a few days and it was sad to see she was still missing, but glad to see her Amber Alert by a major highway. Hoping for the best outcome for Diana!

I think that if JG was getting her for MA I don't think JG would be abusing her. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This statement is thought provoking. IF Jorge was a normal regular thinking person, you are correct. He does not have a record, so that would be an additional consideration when questioning guilt or innocence.

This makes me think of Jorge's brother. He and Jorge shared the same bedroom while they were at Diana's trailer home, so this brother must know more than he is admitting to! The trailer is only so big with limited space to be alone with Diana. What are the chances that the brother was always gone as Jorge was grooming Diana?

The answer we are looking for in locating Diana, I feel is also known to Jorge's brother. However, he "ain't " talking! Do you suppose LE has the brother under surveillance? I sure hope so.

It is disquesting to think that Jorge was living at Diana's house with so many pretenses going on in his mind! And all the time Diana's parents thought they were helping a couple of brothers down on their luck, while adding a few needed dollars to their income.

Hopefully not really off topic but it seems the age that most girls are targeted is between 9 and 10. Yes,I know younger and older are taken by pedophiles but this age seems more to be preyed on. Just wondering, I can't think like a pedophile and I have adult boys.
My heart goes out to Mom and Step Dad.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Yes, I have mixed feelings about people wanting to change the Amber Alert criteria. People kind of get caught up in that single alert. The reality is, they have other alerts and teams for when this one isnt appropriate. I am signed up for email alerts through NOPD alert system. Let me tell you- I get about 10 emails a day of missing people, including many under 18. They are usually found quickly, but it would be impossible to sustain an alert system to be issued in the extreme manner Amber Alert is for every missing person. (Snipped by me)

I do agree with you. While my heart breaks for any missing child and their family, not every situation warrants an AA. (Mpnola, we're neighbors...waving to you from across the lake.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back