FL FL - Donna Chatterton, 46, Tice, 5 February 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is pretty old news, but it looks like the family hired a PI back in August: https://twitter.com/adamwinknews/status/629424731289178112

I can't believe that this week marks an entire year of her being gone. I wish I had more to sleuth! Where are you Donna?!

I wonder whether LE had a close look at the roommate?

Donna Chatterton's home went up in flames on February 4, 2015. There were no remains found in the charred remnants of the home, but no one knew where Donna was. Authorities have said they believe the fire was accidental, most likely started by a space heater that was left on. However, officials believe Donna met with some type of foul play. Family members said authorities came close to charging someone in connection with Donna's disappearance, but there was not enough evidence to move forward.

donna_chatterton_f0cb2c78ddc28a93028539c5e353efc2.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

Donna Chatterton’s mobile home in Lee County, Florida went up in flames on February 5, 2015. There were no remains found in the charred remnants of the home, and no one could find Donna. Authorities have said they believe the fire was accidental, most likely started by a space heater that was left running. However, officials do believe the 46-year-old met with some type of foul play. Family members said authorities came close to charging someone in connection with Donna’s disappearance, but there was not enough evidence to move forward.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

If it's right that the fire was investigated and it was determined that it was accidental, then it is highly unlikely that it was arson (the cause would be determined 'doubtful' if they were unsure, or arson if sure) although people make mistakes, they are rare in fire investigation.

I don't think that anyone is claiming it was arson- please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that there was an accidental fire and then she disappeared. I think her mother meant he was able to "successfully destroy the evidence" [of something that happened to Donna] separate from the fire. I just wish we had more information.

Donna Chatterton’s mobile home in Lee County, Florida went up in flames on February 4, 2015. There were no remains found in the charred remnants of the home, and no one could find Donna. Authorities have said they believe the fire was accidental, most likely started by a space heater that was left running. However, officials do believe the 46-year-old met with some type of foul play. Family members said authorities came close to charging someone in connection with Donna’s disappearance, but there was not enough evidence to move forward. If you have any information regarding Donna’s case, please call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1810.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

I couldn't get the link above to work so I found the article again. Hopefully this link will remain functional.

Published 2/4/2020:
Mother of woman who went missing after home fire has theory about her disappearance - NBC2 News

Snip:
Diane Bisram, Chatterton’s mother, sat down with NBC2 today with her theory of what happened to her daughter.

“The last thing I can remember, [Donna] told me [Donna’s ex-roommate] wasn’t paying his rent. And I said ‘Donna, if he’s not paying you rent, then you have to tell him he has to leave.’”

Bisram believes Peter Matthew “Matt” Albritton, Chatterton’s roommate at the time of her disappearance, killed Chatterton during an argument over rent money. She said she thinks Albritton was able to successfully destroy the evidence.

Her family is running a public Facebook page for her called Remembering Donna Chatterton. It sounds like last year there was movement but no details released yet.

Rhonda Whitney

DEC 5, 2022

Donna Chatterton

donna_chatterton.jpg

Donna Chatterton’s mobile home in Lee County, Florida went up in flames on February 4, 2015. There were no remains found in the charred remnants of the home, and no one could find Donna. Authorities have said they believe the fire was accidental, most likely started by a space heater that was left running. However, officials do believe the 46-year-old met with some type of foul play. Family members said authorities came close to charging someone in connection with Donna’s disappearance, but said there was not enough evidence to move forward. In 2020, NBC affiliate NBC2 News spoke to Donna's mother, Diane Bisram. Diane told them that she believes her daughter was murdered over an argument with her roommate about rent money. “The last thing I can remember, [Donna] told me [her ex-roommate] wasn’t paying his rent,” Diane told NBC2. “And I said ‘Donna, if he’s not paying you rent, then you have to tell him he has to leave.’” Dateline reached out to the Lee County Sheriff's Office in 2022 for an update but did not receive a response. Donna is described as 5’2” tall, weighing 100 lbs. with blonde hair and brown eyes. She would be 53 years old today. If you have any information regarding Donna’s case, please call the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 477-1810.

Casefile updated on June 5, 2024; distinguishing characteristics updated.

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chatterton has a tattoo of a Grim Reaper on her left arm, and a tattoo on her upper left arm of a cross and the word "Love".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back