4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot find the original post/link where it mentions the knife that was recovered by LE. IIRC it was a "Taylor Cutlery" knife that was listed among the items seized from the Kohberger home.

I've been wondering if the different injuries sustained by the victims was partly due to more than one knife having been used at the scene. Something tells me that these types of people would bring more than one knife.

Here is one of the earlier posts listing the items including the Taylor knife: (there is a link to the article within the post)

It just said “knife” and it was first on the list. Which I found relevant, (that it was number 1) but I could be looking into that too much.

My parents were out of town and my brother misplaced his key to the deadbolts, the sliding door had a broomstick in place. He and his friends just removed the entire sliding glass doors. It took the guys less than 30 minutes to remove it and put it back in place. My parents never knew.
The simple installation of a security pin on siding glass patio doors will take care of the ability to remove the door from its track. That, along with a secure stick that stops the door from being opened, provides the needed security.

Concerning taking a memento from the crime scene I am sure it wouldn't be the knife.

Look how meticulous BK was in not leaving any digital evidence to connect him to the victims. I do not know what this means exactly, but I do not believe he did not see their social media. No connection because he apparently did not engage with them.

And no blood in his car or apartment means he planned it in my opinion. Unplanned with no plastic down would be impossible to not leave trace blood.

So a killer this focused on these evidence details would not hang onto his knife, would not keep anything in his car or apartment that links to the crime scene.

He had the trophy he longed for I am sure. Front page news and countless photos and news and social media coverage. Guessing games in the media about who did it? Where is the knife? How did the killer get in? House targeted or victims targeted?

He was able to sit back and revel in his knowledge of the case, he knew more than the police, probally felt some comeuppance for being rejected from LE programs.

Kicked out of...

His HS vocational LE program
Not getting an internship with Moscow police (I believe he did not get selected for that)
Kicked out of his PHD program that focused on criminals. The wheels were turning on kicking him out of his teaching PHD program before he committed multiple homicides.

2 Cents

RBBM

Agree, IMO a memento would be something more personal belonging to the victim.

I don't see many posts disagreeing or arguing that this crime was not planned. It's very likely that plastic was put down before hand. There was probably a lot of prep involved. Just look at LISK/GB4 case, the file found on RH computer.

The underlined part: It's funny because I see this as something a narcissist would do. Infamy. BK strikes me as more of a covert narcissist than the type who would want attention, infamy etc.

Yes, there were several precipitating factors that could've sent BK over the edge. Many not so good things were happening within his work/academic life and his personal life, career path etc were not taking off as he probably expected.

The fact that he applied to the Moscow PD prior to committing the crimes is intriguing though. There is something very Ed Kemper/GSSK about BK IMO. FWIW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back