GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators and a team of forensic anthropologists are still working to excavate bones at the scene where tiny human remains were found Friday in Hallandale Beach.

Hallandale Beach Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy said the team is still finding more remains. Investigators will continue digging and sifting until they have a complete skeleton or until they don’t find any more bones.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/12/3179166/police-still-unearthing-tiny-human.html#storylink=cpy

So sad.

Investigators and a team of forensic anthropologists are still working to excavate bones at the scene where tiny human remains were found Friday in Hallandale Beach.

Hallandale Beach Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy said the team is still finding more remains. Investigators will continue digging and sifting until they have a complete skeleton or until they don’t find any more bones.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/12/3179166/police-still-unearthing-tiny-human.html#storylink=cpy

So sad.

This makes me feel physically ill... poor little Dontrell. Be at peace now, little guy, I am so sorry that your time on this earth wasn't what it should have been. :(

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...appearance-in-Hallandale-Beach-186614931.html

By Juan Ortega and J.D. Drummings | Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 |
Updated 12:24 PM EST

<snipped>
&#8220;The allegations are extremely serious,&#8221; the judge told Sierra on Saturday before increasing her bond to $100,000. &#8220;In light of that, I do find it essential to set a very substantial bond to assure her presence at further proceedings.&#8221;

Saturday, the judge raised his bond amount to $150,000

I really hope her remaining sons are not placed with family. If they failed to notice that a 5 month old child had not been seen in 18 months I hardly trust them to be any more concerned about the other boys.

It is just astounding that no one saw this child for over a year and NO ONE cared apparently. His first birthday and first Christmas passed with no one buying him anything or marking the big events with so much as a mention on facebook, a present, pictures, etc. He didn't even rate a comment on his moms facebook because she was too busy taking and posting pics of herself, her middle finger and her 10 tattoos.

Oh sure, she mentions him in her "about" blurb, sating she is living life to the fullest with her two boys and the one she is (was) pregnant with. She has nerve enough to thank God for her kids who are such a blessing to her and how they mean the world to her. Then she tops it off with saying that the love of a child is the best love in the world and that if you put your kids first and yourself second then you can do no wrong.

Supposedly, Dontrell was given to his maternal grandmother because the parents didn't have the money to raise Dontrell but it looks like she could afford tattoos, manicures, blue hair dye and skimpy clothes.

I am wondering if she received any gov't support for the kids and also if she put the dad's name as the father of the child born after Dontrell. If she was receiving gov't support and he was listed, then they should have gone after him for child support. That would be fraud since he was clearly identified as the dad on facebook and he was living with her as well. Not that it really matters now, but it could lead to more charges for her.

If they confessed, which it appears they did... I wonder if the Coroner/forensics will be able to find a cause of death. Or.... did they confess to that also? I hope this poor baby did not suffer horribly prior to death...I am so sick and this is hitting very hard... I totally agree with another poster here, I would have taken him too... there is no shortage of those that would take in a baby, even if not looking to adopt at the time, many find it in their heart to take in children out of need... :(

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...appearance-in-Hallandale-Beach-186614931.html

By Juan Ortega and J.D. Drummings | Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 |
Updated 12:24 PM EST

<snipped>

Also from the above link:

Brittney Sierra was 19 and Calvin Melvin Jr. was 25 when she gave birth to their son Dontrell Melvin in February 2011. The baby's godfather, Darnell Toney, spoke about the desperate text he claims he received from Sierra in April or May 2011. Sierra said that the father was always leaving her with the baby and she couldn t take it any more, Toney said. "She said 'If you don't come get him, I'm going to get rid of him,'" he said. The baby was last seen in July or August 2011, Hallandale Beach Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy said.

Correction .... TWELVE tattoos, not 10, including one that looks like an "insane clown posse" tattoo. Another tattoo is her oldest son's name but she didn't bother to even think of her younger son while getting any of her tattoos.

Nope, he wasn't worthy of a 2nd thought after he was gone. He just disappeared from her life one and day and she eliminated him from her thoughts or concerns and carried on partying, tattooing, posting pics of herself on facebook and getting pregnant again.

It is just astounding that no one saw this child for over a year and NO ONE cared apparently. His first birthday and first Christmas passed with no one buying him anything or marking the big events with so much as a mention on facebook, a present, pictures, etc. He didn't even rate a comment on his moms facebook because she was too busy taking and posting pics of herself, her middle finger and her 10 tattoos.

Oh sure, she mentions him in her "about" blurb, sating she is living life to the fullest with her two boys and the one she is (was) pregnant with. She has nerve enough to thank God for her kids who are such a blessing to her and how they mean the world to her. Then she tops it off with saying that the love of a child is the best love in the world and that if you put your kids first and yourself second then you can do no wrong.

Supposedly, Dontrell was given to his maternal grandmother because the parents didn't have the money to raise Dontrell but it looks like she could afford tattoos, manicures, blue hair dye and skimpy clothes.

I am wondering if she received any gov't support for the kids and also if she put the dad's name as the father of the child born after Dontrell. If she was receiving gov't support and he was listed, then they should have gone after him for child support. That would be fraud since he was clearly identified as the dad on facebook and he was living with her as well. Not that it really matters now, but it could lead to more charges for her.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I have not seen the FB pages....

I don't think we can say no one bought him any presents for his birthday or Christmas. It's very possible presents were purchased and given to his parents because extended family did not see him. In fact, I'd bet that was the case.

I'm not sure what you mean might be fraud. It would only be fraud if she lied to obtain benefits, and we have no evidence she did. Family's with two parents living in the home also qualify for government assistance depending on their family size and income.

This is so wicked and evil. Speaking as someone who had a baby son who died it cuts me to the quick. I would have given ANYTHING to have have cared for a little one like this. Life is so sodding unfair sometimes.
RIP little Dontrell, I am so sorry about what happened to you, you didn't deserve this

I agree with the others who hope these remains give up a cause of death. :please:

This is so wicked and evil. Speaking as someone who had a baby son who died it cuts me to the quick. I would have given ANYTHING to have have cared for a little one like this. Life is so sodding unfair sometimes.
RIP little Dontrell, I am so sorry about what happened to you, you didn't deserve this

I am so sorry. I said this on little Leah's thread the other night but it really is unfair that so many women who would be wonderful mothers never get the opportunity while monsters like this are able to birth baby after baby only to neglect, abuse and murder them. I really wish she would have placed this baby with someone like you and ran off to buy another skimpy dress to show off her latest trashy tattoo or piercing.

Brittney Sierra was 19 and Calvin Melvin Jr. was 25 when she gave birth to their son Dontrell Melvin in February 2011. The baby's godfather, Darnell Toney, spoke about the desperate text he claims he received from Sierra in April or May 2011. Sierra said that the father was always leaving her with the baby and she couldn t take it any more, Toney said. "She said 'If you don't come get him, I'm going to get rid of him,'" he said. The baby was last seen in July or August 2011, Hallandale Beach Police Chief Dwayne Flournoy said.

I wonder where Dontrell's godfather thought he was over the past year and a half? Did not seeing Dontrell plus that text he supposedly got ever set off alarm bells for him? It just seems like so many people had their heads in the sand or looked the other way. I just don't get it.

In this video it says that Toney is Melvin's best friend. So best friend does not ask where Dontrell was especially after getting that kind of text. Having a hard time biting into this story right now. Wonder if he is trying to push it all on Brittney.

I wonder where Dontrell's godfather thought he was over the past year and a half? Did not seeing Dontrell plus that text he supposedly got ever set off alarm bells for him? It just seems like so many people had their heads in the sand or looked the other way. I just don't get it.

Looking at that nail on his hand he may have had his head buried in something different then sand. Those so close to this couple that is the only thing I can think of as to why no one realized the baby was missing. Im not buying into the story of they were all fooled into thinking the baby was here or there every single time they saw each other.

I've thought the same, but if he was told Dontrell went to live with Brittney's parents out of state, I don't think he'd have any reason to question it. He knew mom was stressed out and they were having financial problems, so I don't think he'd find it odd when told they sent Dontrell to live with her parents.

I think the alarm bells are going to go off now with others recalling the stories they were told about why Dontrell was not around. The hinky meter is going to be set off in retrospect.

In this video it says that Toney is Melvin's best friend. So best friend does not ask where Dontrell was especially after getting that kind of text. Having a hard time biting into this story right now. Wonder if he is trying to push it all on Brittney.

That text was 2-3 months prior to Dontrell's 'disappearance' from what we have read in MSM.

I'm not convinced he's trying to push it all on Brittney at this point. I think it is possible he told the media he did go help Brittney out after he received that text, but the media did not print it. (I'm considering that due to the text being received a few months prior to Dontrell's disappearance).

IMO, Toney's point is to say he was aware Brittney was stressed out as a mother.

There are too many possibilities of what Brittney might have done with reaching out to people other than Toney. If she had help, did she just snap when help wasn't available? Or was it another cause entirely?

If both parents are talking and pointing the finger at each other, hopefully there is a bit of truth in one of their stories and LE can put the pieces of the puzzle together. That's all I can hope for right now, the truth to come out for little Dontrell.

I've thought the same, but if he was told Dontrell went to live with Brittney's parents out of state, I don't think he'd have any reason to question it. He knew mom was stressed out and they were having financial problems, so I don't think he'd find it odd when told they sent Dontrell to live with her parents.

I think the alarm bells are going to go off now with others recalling the stories they were told about why Dontrell was not around. The hinky meter is going to be set off in retrospect.

Yes, you're probably right. Hindsight and all that ;)

I wonder if it was an accident. Maybe he was left in the bathtub alone, drowned, and they decided to bury him? Ugh, I can't believe I just typed that. At least I kind of hope it was an accident and someone didn't intentionally harm him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom
Back