GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW, I don't believe he had ever seen or met the baby. Who knows what kind of stories the "parents" concocted on why there were no pictures to share on facebook. Now, how they explained away the baby to people that they had regular, physical contact with is beyond me.

I see where her father posted on some of the pics, and his comments show that you are right, he had never met him. I am trying to have compassion for him.. truly I am. But it seems I am unsuccessful. As a grandmother, I just don't get it. I can't imagine going months without photos, without updates, even if I were unable to see him for whatever reason. All those photos posted of her other children and only a few of Dontrell... it would make no sense to me as her mother or as her father.

Her mother can tell her to dress less provocatively.. but doesn't question where her grandchild is? At least Caylee had Cindy asking where she was.. all of a sudden 30 days doesn't seem so long.

I continue to be sad and po'd.

I see where her father posted on some of the pics, and his comments show that you are right, he had never met him. I am trying to have compassion for him.. truly I am. But it seems I am unsuccessful. As a grandmother, I just don't get it. I can't imagine going months without photos, without updates, even if I were unable to see him for whatever reason. All those photos posted of her other children and only a few of Dontrell... it would make no sense to me as her mother or as her father.

Her mother can tell her to dress less provocatively.. but doesn't question where her grandchild is? At least Caylee had Cindy asking where she was.. all of a sudden 30 days doesn't seem so long.

Unless you lived far or were estranged, why wouldn't you have ever met your grandchild before? Seems weird to me.

I cant look at her page anymore. It makes me vomit. They are not able to financially support a middle child, so she believes he gave it to his parents. Yet, she has an Iphone, numerous tats, hella done nails, oh so classy self portraits, pricey clothing, hair done with highlights.

But she is a victim and completely innocent.

Her dad's page now has a pic of "Don Don" and laments his loss, he can never take him to the park to get a hot dog. 18 MONTHS this child vanished from all their lives. 18 MONTHS... and NO ONE questioned where he was, not at Christmas, not on his birthday.. never mind the day to day changes of a baby.. first steps... nothing.

I am soo sorry no one truly loved you lil man. RIP

And now I better sit on my hands or I'm surely going to get a TO.

I'm with you! Maybe if someone did their job when this family was followed by the private company- then this child would be alive... looking at those "special" FB pics, the house is disgusting too.... and someone stopped following up on these kids??? How bad did the house look before ? omg.... going to go do something with my hands before I bite them off
:puke:

After Dontrell's disappearance, they lived with her mother. Still trying to figure that one out.

Unless you lived far or were estranged, why wouldn't you have ever met your grandchild before? Seems weird to me.

They lived in different states. I don't know how close their relationship was.

My best friend has 2 toddlers and even if I don't see them for weeks I know they are okay because she posts pics, I hear them in the background during phone calls or I get texts that obviously came about from Rita leaving her phone laying around. There is no excuse for not realizing that your grandchild has been missing for 18 months!

Dontrell's name is spelled wrong in the article but I am going to guess that the reporting is still accurate.

RB, who also lives next door, said she was shopping with Melvin's grandmother in August when she abruptly brought up the baby.

"She said she had a dream, a guilty feeling that something bad happened to the baby," Braham said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/remains-found-missing-baby/1827927/

Which grandmother? The grandmother they were living with who has posted on her daughters fb page to not dress so provocatively? Or the paternal grandmother? :waitasec: If the maternal grandmother are she and Sierra's father still together and is he the one who made the comment about Don Don and not being able to take him for a hotdog?

I wish the media would be more clear on who they are talking about....

I'm with you! Maybe if someone did their job when this family was followed by the private company- then this child would be alive... looking at those "special" FB pics, the house is disgusting too.... and someone stopped following up on these kids??? How bad did the house look before ? omg.... going to go something with my hands before I bite them off
:puke:

Yes, the house is disgusting, even though she is busy taking pics of herself all dressed up and all made up, giving the camera the finger with the children in the background, with over full diapers, undressed and with unmade beds (talking sheets here, not just made up). I really must walk away for a few.

Btw.. off topic. But I truly love you all and the way you care.

Which grandmother? The grandmother they were living with who has posted on her daughters fb page to not dress so provocatively? Or the paternal grandmother? :waitasec: If the maternal grandmother are she and Sierra's father still together and is he the one who made the comment about Don Don and not being able to take him for a hotdog?

I wish the media would be more clear on who they are talking about....

I believe that they are talking about maternal grandmother whose house they moved into after they buried Dontrell in the backyard. She lived just a few blocks away. Maternal mom and dad are not together; he lives in different state.

I am not sure how old but in mid July she has a fb pic that says almost due then in August pics of the baby start showing up. Also, people are starting to make comments on her pics...

http://www.facebook.com/brittneymelvin0428/photos_stream

Rosetta Braham, who also lives next door, said she was shopping with Melvin's grandmother in August when she abruptly brought up the baby.
"She said she had a dream, a guilty feeling that something bad happened to the baby," Braham said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/remains-found-missing-baby/1827927/

:what:. Oh, I am going to go ahead and make the leap now that Dontrell's maternal grandmother knew and started feeling guilty after the birth of Dontrell's younger sibling in August - If she did in fact say she had a "guilty feeling" as opposed to a bad feeling. Why would someone have a guilty feeling over a dream?

This just keeps getting worse and worse.

I believe that they are talking about maternal grandmother whose house they moved into after they buried Dontrell in the backyard. She lived just a few blocks away. Maternal mom and dad are not together; he lives in different state.

Just to be clear, so Brittney's dad lives in a different state?

Rosetta Braham, who also lives next door, said she was shopping with Melvin's grandmother in August when she abruptly brought up the baby.

:what:. Oh, I am going to go ahead and make the leap now that Dontrell's maternal grandmother knew and started feeling guilty after the birth of Dontrell's younger sibling in August - If she did in fact say she had a "guilty feeling" as opposed to a bad feeling. Why would someone have a guilty feeling over a dream?

This just keeps getting worse and worse.
It's not too far of a leap imo- those disgusting pictures were taken in her home...

Just to be clear, so Brittney's dad lives in a different state?

B's dad's FB page says he lives in NJ. Her mom doesn't have a location listed. Her page is pretty secure.

Good news for her mom, her "beautiful" daughter finally took a pic with clothes on! She can pat herself on the back for a job well done now.

ETA: I know that sounds unnecessarily cruel but this woman hasn't seen her grandson in many months and her main concern is that her daughter put some clothes on so that people can love her for who she is! Really?

Looking at the few pictures of Dontrell on her facebook and they bring tears to my eyes. What a beautiful baby, what a sad ending to his life.

I live 9 hr away from my family. When we talk on the phone if they do not hear kids in the background they say kids are being quiet what are they up to. This has happened since they were born. Of course my kids' ears burn the moment someone talks about them and they come running in the room making it known they are in the room.
Her dad lives in NJ so if they stuck with a story of Calvin's parents having Dontrell and that they do not have the best relationship with his parents then maybe he did not question it much. Pushing off not seeing pictures of Dontrell b/c Calvin's family is giving them the run around. As for the ones that live so close I'm trying to feel for them but I do get that feeling that others knew.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but I wonder if it means anything that he was charged with obstructing justice and lying to a LEO, and she wasn't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torchy
Back