GUILTY FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen a motion for prosecutorial misconduct in the court filings. I assume if the defense believes that prosecutorial misconduct was exhibited, it will be handled in an appeal.

The hearing on 9/16 is simply to determine whether the defense claims of juror misconduct warrant actual interviews of the jurors themselves and subsequently a new trial. The onus is on the defense to prove their claim of the Youtuber relationship with a juror and also how the supposed answers on juror 15's questionnaire would have affected the verdict.

My prediction is the Youtuber claims to have had a sister on the jury will prove to be total BS and the omission of DV violence incidents by juror 15 will amount to nothing. Motion denied - off to sentencing.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Yes!
"off to sentencing".

I'm confused.
All the 20/20 videos posted yesterday or last night look like snips from the old 20/20 interview with AB.
What's new except snips about the trial?
No AB in prison being interviewed, yes?

The AB interview with 20/20 was all recorded before the trial.
I thought AB was talking from jail, silly me.
Was last night's episode then "much ado about nothing"?

Last edited:
Prosecutors have opposed the defense’s motion to interview jurors, saying there is nothing to indicate the verdict would have been different.

Both sides will argue their position at a motions hearing scheduled for Sept. 16. Ashley’s sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 22.

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Ashley Benefield’s defense attorneys are requesting to interview the jurors from her manslaughter conviction after claiming juror misconduct, according to court records.

Updated: Sep 16, 2024 / 02:18 PM EDT

In an objection filed by the State Attorney’s Office for the 12th Judicial Circuit, the allegations were described as a juror not disclosing that she was a victim of domestic batter and another juror having a cell phone in the jury room.

...Judge Whyte agreed to bring back all six jurors from the case and allow them to be interviewed. As for the juror who allegedly had the phone, the judge told the court to advise her that she could have a lawyer with her or she could be potentially provided one should she been found to have been violating court rules.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back