VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL I just had to chuckle at the prosecutor trying to throw in that they’d need the Allen charge read now before being asked if they want to go home and return.

Judge was not agreeing with them.

one juror said something. I thought the judge could have said something about trying more some admonition short of Allen...all he did was invite them to go home.

Are you kidding me jury?????? Ugh ugh ugh. Why does state want the Allen charge read already? Let them go home and come back fresh tomorrow. There hasn’t been enough time to throw in the towel. They’re tired. It’s been a long day. It sounds like they didn’t know they could say we want to be done for the day.

JMO

Cathy Russon tweet just said they decided to continue deliberating! They really don’t want to come back tomorrow but at this point what good is them continuing to deliberate if they’re tired and deadlocked. Come back fresh tomorrow!

OMG…. they want to stay and deliberate. Perhaps a good sign….. where is that fingers crossed emoji again? ;)

If still locked, should then be excused to return with knowledge they don’t need to rush or find this evening. Allow for time to deliberate IMO.
MOO

Wow we will stay??? I think this is related to some committment that a juror has this week...judge mentioned it during scheduling late last week. I have to say at this point not trusting the verdict..pressuring a hold out at this time of night is not good. I have this sick feeling they will come back with something just to end this.

Cathy Russon tweet just said they decided to continue deliberating! They really don’t want to come back tomorrow but at this point what good is them continuing to deliberate if they’re tired and deadlocked. Come back fresh tomorrow!

Yeah, they're not going to deliver a verdict this late in the day, surely?

Can the judge not set a limit of say 10pm?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back