FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was upset that the victim’s daughter had to testify. But the defendant allowing her young daughter to even be there never mind wield a sign is just sad. I’m surprised a GAL hasn’t put a stop to that. I’m only learning about this case today so still reserving judgment.
I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED when I learned about this (the younger daughter). What kind of a parent does that? The little girl never had any opportunity to know her father and she is obviously being manipulated by her murdering, lying mother. This case makes me so angry!
I really hope the defendant does testify - it will give the prosecution the chance to get her to show her true colors. The abuse claim is so incredibly bogus and AB's true motivation needs to be exposed - money and control over the child.
AB and her attorney have tried EVERYTHING to delay and get the charges dismissed - Doug Benefield and his loved ones need and deserve justice!
I will say, though, I want to see that psych eval and have it brought into the light! The way the defense has fought and screamed about it being kept out, it must have some EXTREMELY damning information.

Could one of the mods please move this thread to the Trials folder since this trial has now started?

ETA: I reported it

The defendant appears to have disassociated herself from the trial and everything going on around her. Playing to the jurors, but the jurors know better.
Curious about her disposition outside and away from the courtroom. How is she around others?
Yes, the psych evaluation will speak volumes. moo

18 photos at link

Almost four years after a former ballerina was arrested in connection to the shooting death of her estranged husband in the fall of 2020 in Manatee County, she appeared in court Tuesday for the first day of her trial.

State calls Alicia Byers to the stand. Ashley's mother. I would describe her responses to the state as vague bordering on uncooperative at this point.

Last edited:
It's not just the grandma's answers that are vague, the questions are missing "the beef"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back