FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was upset that the victim’s daughter had to testify. But the defendant allowing her young daughter to even be there never mind wield a sign is just sad. I’m surprised a GAL hasn’t put a stop to that. I’m only learning about this case today so still reserving judgment.
I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED when I learned about this (the younger daughter). What kind of a parent does that? The little girl never had any opportunity to know her father and she is obviously being manipulated by her murdering, lying mother. This case makes me so angry!
I really hope the defendant does testify - it will give the prosecution the chance to get her to show her true colors. The abuse claim is so incredibly bogus and AB's true motivation needs to be exposed - money and control over the child.
AB and her attorney have tried EVERYTHING to delay and get the charges dismissed - Doug Benefield and his loved ones need and deserve justice!
I will say, though, I want to see that psych eval and have it brought into the light! The way the defense has fought and screamed about it being kept out, it must have some EXTREMELY damning information.

The defendant appears to have disassociated herself from the trial and everything going on around her. Playing to the jurors, but the jurors know better.
Curious about her disposition outside and away from the courtroom. How is she around others?
Yes, the psych evaluation will speak volumes. moo

18 photos at link

Almost four years after a former ballerina was arrested in connection to the shooting death of her estranged husband in the fall of 2020 in Manatee County, she appeared in court Tuesday for the first day of her trial.

What a joke, nobody knows anything about what prompted the shooting or the shooting itself. To include the shrink AB actually lived with for several months.I have my doubts about that.

I hope the state has a plan because right now I don't understand their lack of tough questions to these witnesses. Maybe they just want to get to the forensics and think that will win the case for them?
It seems a lot of the details have been suppressed or something. So much so, that it's difficult to even discuss the case. Very strange.

Lt Dan Dickerman is the next witness. Special Investigator with Manatee County Homicide Unit. Please let him have something to contribute!

I'm new to this case.
Strange for me so far:
- 30 year gap between the spouses
- getting married after only a fortnight of seeing each other

Hmmm...
- alleged domestic abuse by a husband
(firing a gun into a ceiling during argument,
hitting a dog unconscious)

I will follow the trial.

Lt Dickerman has provided a few answers. AB was arrested in November, approx 2 months after shooting in September. AB's mother handed Lt Dickerman a phone with an attorney on the other end of the call, so it seems she is the one who called an attorney for AB.

Lt Dickerman has provided a few answers. AB was arrested in November, approx 2 months after shooting in September. AB's mother handed Lt Dickerman a phone with an attorney on the other end of the call, so it seems she is the one who called an attorney for AB.
Grandma never discussed anything with AB but has an atty on the phone to talk to the officer immediately?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back