FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only evidence of the prior acts of DV came out in the custody hearings, where Doug admitted to the hole in the ceiling, punching the dog and punching a hole in the drywall. I did not hear all the prior hearings motions in this case but I think the Judge and both sides agreed to keep the custody case separate from the murder case. So maybe that is why all the objections about DV?

Very strange IMO.
These actions seemed to lead to this tragedy.

It didn't happen "out of the blue".

This couple wasn't exactly
the "match made in Heaven"
:rolleyes:

JMO

Agree with the violence but also have to say something about a mother that wears guns, and also the day of the murder had at least two other guns hidden in different places in the house.

Means absolutely nothing. I have guns in different areas of my house. Had to bring one out and point it at someone during a home invasion. I keep them loaded now when I never used too before. You never know when you may be inside your home when you might need to access one. I learned that the hard way. I've lived in my current home for over 14 yrs and have had 1 home invasion and another 3 times where I was inside the house and had someone attempt to break in/or caught someone sneaking around outside of it. Have that happen to you a couple of times and you might have different thoughts on firearms.

It AB's constitutional right to own them. Furthermore she also took the proper classes to get her concealed carry permit so she did what she was supposed to do and was schooled in the proper handling of her firearms. If she had a fear of her husband then she was was well within her rights to have them anywhere she chooses to inside her home.

If firing a gun into the ceiling,
throwing things into a wall making a hole there,
and hitting a dog unconcious
is not considered DV,
then...
I don't know what is :oops:

Oh,
and tracking the movements of a person.

Not a good home environment to bring up a child IMO.

Hmmm...
I'm not surprised the defendant didn't touch these subjects while in therapy TOGETHER with the husband.

But felt free to talk while alone with a therapist.
Nothing new here.

Just My Opinion.
Just punching the dog and rendering it unconscious was enough for me to say that he got what he deserved (IMO).

This whole marriage seems strange to me.
30 year age gap and eloping Iike teens?? :oops:
After only 13 days of knowing each other? :rolleyes:
Was it so called "love bombing"/gaslighting?
Getting a young, naive and beautiful "trophy wife"?
Hmmm...

JMO

Means absolutely nothing. I have guns in different areas of my house. Had to bring one out and point it at someone during a home invasion. I keep them loaded now when I never used too before. You never know when you may be inside your home when you might need to access one. I learned that the hard way. I've lived in my current home for over 14 yrs and have had 1 home invasion and another 3 times where I was inside the house and had someone attempt to break in/or caught someone sneaking around outside of it. Have that happen to you a couple of times and you might have different thoughts on firearms.

It AB's constitutional right to own them. Furthermore she also took the proper classes to get her concealed carry permit so she did what she was supposed to do and was schooled in the proper handling of her firearms. If she had a fear of her husband then she was was well within her rights to have them anywhere she chooses to inside her home.
I'm in Texas so you know we love our guns down here. But it will be a really cold day before I start toting my guns around in my bra.

Hmmm...

JMO
With all due respect, I’ve learned it typically takes two.

And how about Getting an older, seemingly accomplished, individual man of what was thought financial means?

Seems they both were possibly ‘gilding the lily’?

And from what has been presented as evidence thus far, it doesn’t IMO appear the defendant is naive. Hope the jury sees clearly too. MOO

Hmmm...

JMO
Or maybe her getting a wealthy meal ticket, or so she thought. Then a child to make sure she got something more out of it.JMOO

Or maybe her getting a wealthy meal ticket, or so she thought. Then a child to make sure she got something more out of it.JMOO

Hmmm...
It seems he was bankrupt, no?
Were the ballerinas employed in failed business paid?

I must dive deeper into the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back