FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry but why would the prosecutor want to show that?

I think maybe it is the reverse, she is trying to show that Doug had no reason to doubt AB was fully into the reconciliation plan and moving to MD for a new start.
And AB's lawyer says the messages show AB behaving like the abused one whose mode operandi was to get-on and get along with DB.

There are quite a few angles the jury will have when deliberating this case.

If I was a juror right now I'd be asking myself why would a woman go back with the husband she accused of being violent, of poisoning her and physically and sexually abusing her very young daughter if she actually believed all that to be true?
In other words can AB be believed about anything?

Thought the 2010 Black Swan movie was outstanding- an all time favorite. jmo

Interesting article, also, jmo

Why are media outlets calling the Ashley Benefield trial the 'Black Swan murder trial'?​

It appears the case was first dubbed the “Black Swan murder trial” after national media outlets, including CBS News and 48 Hours, adopted the nomenclature during the initial reporting of the case.

July 25, 2024

What does the term 'Black Swan' refer to?​

The term "Black Swan" is heavily referenced in Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's ballet "Swan Lake," which was composed in 1875.

The ballet, which debuted at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Russia, in 1877, weaves together tragedy, romance and magic as it focuses on the love story of Prince Siegfried and the swan princess Odette, who is cursed to spend her days as a swan and nights as a human. The two fall in love, but a sorcerer interferes with the budding romance by casting a spell on his daughter, Odile, to appear as Odette.

Wow….. amazement at what I just heard. Question from the state to investigator Hausdorf along the lines of …. ‘and how did you know that was the weapon you had investigated in this case?’ Answer: because it has the identifying, evidence identification number, and my initials that I had placed on it.

I wonder if Canton, MA police, investigators proctor and Bukhenik, and the judge in the Karen Read case might observe this. Such a contrast for evidence collection, testimony, etc. A stark contrast IMO! MOO

Wow….. amazement at what I just heard. Question from the state to investigator Hausdorf along the lines of …. ‘and how did you know that was the weapon you had investigated in this case?’ Answer: because it has the identifying, evidence identification number, and my initials that I had placed on it.

I wonder if Canton, MA police, investigators proctor and Bukhenik, and the judge in the Karen Read case might observe this. Such a contrast for evidence collection, testimony, etc. A stark contrast IMO! MOO
The difference in the packaging and presentations of the exhibits in this trial are so professional compared to the way things are done in canton. The presentation of DB's shirt compared to JO's shirt makes canton look really sloppy and unprofessional. Canton needs to take some lessons from the way they do things here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back