FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
anyone know about those photos at the end of today?

Did the State really get it wrong that the photo with EB was when she was 19 not 15?

Or the one where defense said it was actually taken in 2020 one month before, not 2018 like the State claimed?
I know how the Judge ruled but the state didn’t really reply to being incorrect about the dates, they just kinda looked at one another
Throughout the trail when O'Connell failed to get the response she needed or was corrected on an accusation she made she just carried on like it didn't happen.

anyone know about those photos at the end of today?

Did the State really get it wrong that the photo with EB was when she was 19 not 15?

Or the one where defense said it was actually taken in 2020 one month before, not 2018 like the State claimed?
I know how the Judge ruled but the state didn’t really reply to being incorrect about the dates, they just kinda looked at one another
Incompetent vetting by the prosecutors and/or staff.

not that I saw. They did show it during trial though. He was very muscular. I find it hard to believe he would have worn a SMALL Tshirt.
Thanks so much for answering my questions.

Who claimed he wore a small and what was it supposed to show or prove?

Thanks so much for answering my questions.

Who claimed he wore a small and what was it supposed to show or prove?
Don't remember exactly who it was, but one of the LE officers. They held up his shirt (size small) and shorts (size 30). I just remember thinking how little he seemed to me for a woman AB's size. I have dated skinny guys but 32 was about the smallest and none wore a small tshirt.

Did Taylor ask AB about her father?
IIRC: someone here said he had died when she was younger?
Her father was Navy I believe she said. It wasn't delved into very deeply. I only heard he died from this forum. Do not know if true or not.

It just seems to me that someone of ABs age and experience is not going to know all these stunts to pull unless she is being coached by Mom and/or has seen this play out previously.

Her father was Navy I believe she said. It wasn't delved into very deeply. I only heard he died from this forum. Do not know if true or not.

It just seems to me that someone of ABs age and experience is not going to know all these stunts to pull unless she is being coached by Mom and/or has seen this play out previously.
Quite a few deep dives are needed by reporters.
Thanks.

Peter is the obvious go-to.
1.4K waiting for his video to start.

Oh..it just started
You can slow down the speed on YouTube when recordings of testimonies are being played.

I like him because he gives both sides.

I wouldn’t say the state’s case is baffling. The dark haired prosecutor is not well-prepared though. I think these cases are tough for prosecutors because it’s a DV case, the defendant is female, and there’s some grey area. But ultimately, they don’t have to wade into the grey. They can stand on the moment of shooting and whether she was in fear for her life or not. AB has testified and proved she wasn’t and that she’s a liar. That is enough! Why wade into all the drama of this hysterical relationship and risk alienating any jurors? Focus the jurors on the shooting. That’s what they need to close with. We’ve just been in the defense case where there’s been a lot of obfuscation but the key elements remain the same.

JMO

This is partially why I think AB planned this whole thing. It is pretty darned rare for a defendant never to be heard from prior to trial. No 911 call, no LE interview, etc. And also why is is pretty obvious her Mom was in on it all since she was at the ready with the lawyer on the phone before they even took AB to headquarters.
The mom did not give me a good feeling at all. Contacting an attorney that fast was odd.

I'm curious if Ferris ever told a woman that she hasn't been abused?
Does he believe everything a women tells him?

IIRC: before his testimony when he was being questioned he said he spoke with AB for about 20 yrs.
I didn't catch it if it was in person, zoom phone if that was discussed.

Don't remember exactly who it was, but one of the LE officers. They held up his shirt (size small) and shorts (size 30). I just remember thinking how little he seemed to me for a woman AB's size. I have dated skinny guys but 32 was about the smallest and none wore a small tshirt.
i noted that small size too and have honestly never known a man... family or friend that wears a small. I think he was the type that loved to have it really hug his body that he clearly worked hard on.

I wouldn’t say the state’s case is baffling. The dark haired prosecutor is not well-prepared though. I think these cases are tough for prosecutors because it’s a DV case, the defendant is female, and there’s some grey area. But ultimately, they don’t have to wade into the grey. They can stand on the moment of shooting and whether she was in fear for her life or not. AB has testified and proved she wasn’t and that she’s a liar. That is enough! Why wade into all the drama of this hysterical relationship and risk alienating any jurors? Focus the jurors on the shooting. That’s what they need to close with. We’ve just been in the defense case where there’s been a lot of obfuscation but the key elements remain the same.

JMO

The shooting is the result of a long process/early events.

Ignoring the previous "drama"
is like watching only "The End" credits of a film.

If they were blissfully happy,
there wouldn't be this case to discuss on WS.

And they would be living happily ever after.

JMO

The mom did not give me a good feeling at all. Contacting an attorney that fast was odd.
I know, I know everyone reacts differently but mama didn't even tear up, didn't show any emotions of sadness, grief etc on the stand.
Just remembering that someone was killed by your daughter and in your home to boot conjured up zilch.

She also wasn't cooperative answering LE's questions back when it happened but was given a pass by the defense due to being in shock or something like that.

JMO
I found the prosecution quite baffling.

It's a 2nd degree murder case but ya wouldn't know it from the prosecutors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back