VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They’re still at it!!? Wow. They really wanna be done so what’s the hold up. It makes me nervous cause I don’t want a compromised verdict. Sometimes ‘sleeping on it’ is good.

They’re still at it!!? Wow. They really wanna be done so what’s the hold up. It makes me nervous cause I don’t want a compromised verdict. Sometimes ‘sleeping on it’ is good.

Kelly Krapf said tonight that past juries have deliberated until 11:30pm in that courtroom on previous occasions.

Kelly Krapf said tonight that past juries have deliberated until 11:30pm in that courtroom on previous occasions.
That means court staff, judge, deputies are all on the clock waiting! I’m assuming the prosecutors and defense get to go home and wait there? Or do they wait at the courthouse? Usually they give them time to get to the courthouse once a verdict is reached and they don’t have to wait at the courthouse.

Speaking about financial motive, not sure if it matters or if it even plays into it but Eva has posted on her IG and TikTok She got nothing inheritance wise. The house I think went into foreclosure in Charleston She did not specify if AB got life insurance or anything but she was part of the foreclosure listing on the clerk site in Charleston. And she was still his wife so she probably was still next of kin.
Anyone know how (or why) when searching for her case on the public portal the only result is the recently filed Case/notice of appeal (for what I do not know)?

I have tried searching by both her name and just the Case number, and the current case number does not show any results. I thought we could previously see the docket for this case online, but maybe I am mistaken.
Here is the portal https://records.manateeclerk.com/CourtRecords/Search

Anyone know?
Thanks in advance
I noticed it was removed the second day of trial. Maybe there was just too much information they were worried about somebody looking at. Because it was totally there before the trial started and you could get into everything

I would have to guess we have AC in sarasota

In Mass we had a ceiling fan
Could not be indoors without AC here. I just cranked mine down another couple degrees because it's been raining and extremely humid tonight. This courthouse is actually in Bradenton because it's Manatee county.

That means court staff, judge, deputies are all on the clock waiting! I’m assuming the prosecutors and defense get to go home and wait there? Or do they wait at the courthouse? Usually they give them time to get to the courthouse once a verdict is reached and they don’t have to wait at the courthouse.
within ten minutes so doubt anyone is really going far.

Speaking about financial motive, not sure if it matters or if it even plays into it but Eva has posted on her IG and TikTok She got nothing inheritance wise. The house I think went into foreclosure in Charleston She did not specify if AB got life insurance or anything but she was part of the foreclosure listing on the clerk site in Charleston. And she was still his wife so she probably was still next of kin.

I noticed it was removed the second day of trial. Maybe there was just too much information they were worried about somebody looking at. Because it was totally there before the trial started and you could get into everything
i don't think he had much if anything but can you collect on insurance etc. when you are accused of murdering the insured?

If they come back with Manslaughter anyone know what potential sentence could be? I sort of feel like we could have a very late night verdict.

If they come back with Manslaughter anyone know what potential sentence could be? I sort of feel like we could have a very late night verdict.

The default maximum for manslaughter in Florida is 15 years. However, with the firearm enhancement it becomes 30 years. I'm not sure what the minimums are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back