Found Deceased FL - Douglas Swanson, 28, Jacksonville, 14 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family of missing man to search new wooded area
635568383061205173-swanson3.jpg

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville family is asking for the public's help to find their loved one. Wednesday marks one month since Douglas Swanson Jr., 28, went missing. He was last seen driving near the intersection of Belfort and Newton Roads on the Southside. Sheril Swanson said there have been few leads on her son's disappearance. "My heart is aching more because I'm worried the longer it takes to find him, the less chance that we will find him alive or in a recoverable position," she said. According to a police report, Swanson was seen leaving a party near Belfort Road December 14. He drove away in his 1996 white Chevy Tahoe, which is also missing. Sheril said she doesn't think someone would intentionally hurt her son. "Doug is a social butterfly. He talks to everybody. He gets along with just about everybody. He'd give you the shirt off his back," she said. Volunteers have searched high and low for her son but so far, nothing. They haven't found his SUV, and he hasn't used his cell phone or credit cards.His 4-year-old son Bryce is also searching for him.

"He was very exciting to go and look for his daddy because he loves his daddy so much," she said.

A Facebook page to raise awareness about his disappearance has reached thousands of people across the country.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...ssing-man-to-search-new-wooded-area/21755681/

His vehicle has not been seen since it was pulled out of the ditch and he drove off that night.

For more information please visit: finddouglasswanson.com
The website has lots of info, pictures, and links to all the media coverage on this case.

Douglas chipped his front tooth in 2010 and doesn't smile as much in pictures since then. I do believe he was drinking that night. As far as I know he was not depressed as he had many positive things going on in his life at the time of his disappearance.

I was looking at the FB page pics and this young man never smiles, and I saw only one that had a partial smile. Was he depressed? Was he drinking?

I have known people who do not have good teeth or believe their teeth are unattractive for various reasons. They will not smile showing their teeth. Even after they fix their dental problems, changing that habit is almost impossible.

:Welcome1: 1TruthSleuth! The info you're giving makes me wonder if you're an insider to this case. If so, here's a thread you need to read to become a verified insider: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?167277-Verification-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters&p=7735200#post7735200

Again, welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you as I am new to this site and and am learning the ins and outs of how it works. Your link was very helpful but it doesn't say what I need to do to become "verified" as an insider. I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. I am just trying to find answers as to what happened to my son's father.

Thank you as I am new to this site and and am learning the ins and outs of how it works. Your link was very helpful but it doesn't say what I need to do to become "verified" as an insider. I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. I am just trying to find answers as to what happened to my son's father.

If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to answer some questions after you email them.

If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.

wsverify@xmission.com

I'm sure a moderator will respond to an email from you and let you know what to do from there.
Hope that helps!

I am still hoping for a happy resolution but losing faith. Some one knows something. I hope 1truthsleuth gets verified and comes back. Maybe then we can begin to help more

I would look at retention ponds in the area.

JMO

I'm sorry if that sounded like someone trying to sound mysterious. My dad was in Mayo Clinic about 2 years ago. JTB expressway runs from I-95 out to the beaches. Mayo & Belfort are off of that highway. Traffic scared the you-know-what out of me because people go super fast on JTB.

A "fly-over" that connects with I-95 was built not very long before we were there. It's further west, near St. Johns Town Centre. Quite a design marvel, IMO. There are LOTS of retention ponds.

:Welcome1: 1TruthSleuth! The info you're giving makes me wonder if you're an insider to this case. If so, here's a thread you need to read to become a verified insider: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?167277-Verification-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters&p=7735200#post7735200

Again, welcome to Websleuths!

Here is the email address...

If you would like to add youself as an expert in a certain field or as an insider to a case, please send an email to wsverify@xmission.com.

Just send an email and one of the moderators will walk you through the process. I hope you find the answers you seek.

I would look at retention ponds in the area.

JMO

I'm sorry if that sounded like someone trying to sound mysterious. My dad was in Mayo Clinic about 2 years ago. JTB expressway runs from I-95 out to the beaches. Mayo & Belfort are off of that highway. Traffic scared the you-know-what out of me because people go super fast on JTB.

A "fly-over" that connects with I-95 was built not very long before we were there. It's further west, near St. Johns Town Centre. Quite a design marvel, IMO. There are LOTS of retention ponds.

Initially I too thought he could have had an accident and his SUV was submerged in water or concealed by thick brush but the detective seems confident that was not the case as they did areal searches and canvased the area and saw no signs that any vehicle went off the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back