Found Deceased FL - Douglas Swanson, 28, Jacksonville, 14 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It makes me sad that - as a general rule, the threads for missing men are not followed or commented on as much as missing women. I am sure he is loved and very missed.

Where is Douglas?

No phone triangulation/ping info from LE yet?

Alibi for the wife during the time he went missing?

No phone triangulation/ping info from LE yet?

Alibi for the wife during the time he went missing?

He didn't call or text anyone after leaving the party but his phone pinged off several towers indicating he was driving and then it was no longer traceable. The following morning it pinged one time near his apt and two more random pings over the next few days. I believe one was in the Arlington area and the other was downtown. I'm trying to get the exact times and locations but the detective hasn't returned my calls in weeks.

His wife says she woke up and immediately stated trying to locate him because he wasn't home by his 2 am curfew. She claims to have been calling him all night and drove around searching. Doug's mom asked the detective to pull her phone records to confirm but he refused.

I have some questions.

Does Doug and his wife share a cell plan or with someone else?

Why wasn't the wife at the party?

Why was a gofund me acct set up approx 3 weeks before Doug went missing? It's been said for Medical Bills, whose Medical Bills?

It's been said they were secretly married, why a secret?

Did he work? Where?

Does she work? Where?

He has a son, from a previous marriage/girlfriend? Was he behind on child support?

Were they having problems in their marriage? Financial?

Was Doug in the Military?

I realize some of these may not be able to be answered. TIA

I have some questions.

Does Doug and his wife share a cell plan or with someone else?

Why wasn't the wife at the party?

Why was a gofund me acct set up approx 3 weeks before Doug went missing? It's been said for Medical Bills, whose Medical Bills?

It's been said they were secretly married, why a secret?

Did he work? Where?

Does she work? Where?

He has a son, from a previous marriage/girlfriend? Was he behind on child support?

Were they having problems in their marriage? Financial?

Was Doug in the Military?

I realize some of these may not be able to be answered. TIA

Yes, Doug has a son from a previous girlfriend. He had been paying child support every month for the past 2 years as well as paying extra every month in back child support.

Doug is a merchant marine and worked on a tug boat. He worked 4 weeks on and was home for 2 weeks at a time. His wife is in the Navy. They met on a dating website and were married within 6 months of meeting, of those 6 months they had only spent 1/3 of that time together due to his rotating shifts. They secretly married at the court house. Doug's mom found out almost a year later when she came across legal documents. I have no idea why they went about it the way they did but I am guessing it was financially motivated as she got extra money for having a dependent and housing allowance to move off base. Doug got free health insurance and wanted a new living arrangement so the two got an apartment together. I am in no way trying to diminish their relationship. He seemed very happy in the beginning of the marriage as he would talk about her and told me how cool his "fiance" was. At some point they got wedding rings and spoke of having a ceremony in the future. Within the past year there were some marital problems due to dishonesty, infidelity, and trust issues. They separated for a short period of time but decided to move back in and work on the marriage (that's when he was given a 2 am curfew). Doug had also been working on his credit and paying off medical bills (wife says it was the original reason the gofund me account was set up). He planned to buy his grandparents house this past Feb. and the two were to move in the following month. His wife says she didn't go to the party that night because she had to work early the next morning. I'm not exactly sure where they stood during the time he disappeared but his wife told me she was not pleased about him going to the party because she had seen inappropriate messages between him and the girl he went to meet that night. She also found out he had a profile on a dating website for married men.

Doug and his wife shared a cell phone plan through Verizon. The first week he was missing his phone pinged 3 times in 3 different areas of town. Does anyone know if it is possible the cell company could have gotten his pings crossed with hers since they were on the same plan? The detective wasn't sure what to make of them but they lead me to believe he did not have an auto accident that night.

Does anyone know where I can find a map of bodies of water in this area that would include the depths?

Yes, Doug has a son from a previous girlfriend. He had been paying child support every month for the past 2 years as well as paying extra every month in back child support.

Doug is a merchant marine and worked on a tug boat. He worked 4 weeks on and was home for 2 weeks at a time. His wife is in the Navy. They met on a dating website and were married within 6 months of meeting, of those 6 months they had only spent 1/3 of that time together due to his rotating shifts. They secretly married at the court house. Doug's mom found out almost a year later when she came across legal documents. I have no idea why they went about it the way they did but I am guessing it was financially motivated as she got extra money for having a dependent and housing allowance to move off base. Doug got free health insurance and wanted a new living arrangement so the two got an apartment together. I am in no way trying to diminish their relationship. He seemed very happy in the beginning of the marriage as he would talk about her and told me how cool his "fiance" was. At some point they got wedding rings and spoke of having a ceremony in the future. Within the past year there were some marital problems due to dishonesty, infidelity, and trust issues. They separated for a short period of time but decided to move back in and work on the marriage (that's when he was given a 2 am curfew). Doug had also been working on his credit and paying off medical bills (wife says it was the original reason the gofund me account was set up). He planned to buy his grandparents house this past Feb. and the two were to move in the following month. His wife says she didn't go to the party that night because she had to work early the next morning. I'm not exactly sure where they stood during the time he disappeared but his wife told me she was not pleased about him going to the party because she had seen inappropriate messages between him and the girl he went to meet that night. She also found out he had a profile on a dating website for married men.

Doug and his wife shared a cell phone plan through Verizon. The first week he was missing his phone pinged 3 times in 3 different areas of town. Does anyone know if it is possible the cell company could have gotten his pings crossed with hers since they were on the same plan? The detective wasn't sure what to make of them but they lead me to believe he did not have an auto accident that night.

Does anyone know where I can find a map of bodies of water in this area that would include the depths?

Thank you for answering my questions.

Has Pottsburg Creek been checked? I don't know the area he lives in, but I see the creek is close to where he was at that night.

ETA: I would find it hard for the cell provider to cross the pings with her number. Do you know if LE was able to pull the texts also?

I guess the biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is him meeting another woman at the party and his wife not throwing a fit because he went? Just a 2am curfew? Has the other woman been contacted? Or does the other woman have a husband/BF who might not be too happy with his wife/GF meeting another man?

I looked on Google for your area re: water depths. I couldn't find anything except the names of lakes up there. Since I don't know the area maybe you could google what areas of water he would've driven by or where the phone pinged after he left the party and find the depth.

I just read this blog and this sentence jumped out at me.

That being said i want to share a post by someone who was a mother to Doug.

Past tense.

http://www.bringdouglashome.com/414252785
I took that to mean that his mother isn't part of the wife's life because she got blocked from the family's FB. She feels as if she (LS) is the only true family now, not his mom. Moo

Thank you as I am new to this site and and am learning the ins and outs of how it works. Your link was very helpful but it doesn't say what I need to do to become "verified" as an insider. I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. I am just trying to find answers as to what happened to my son's father.

1TruthSleuth -- are you the previous relationship? If so I am so sorry for you and your son. It sounds like you are doing a lot to help find Doug. Hugs.

I took that to mean that his mother isn't part of the wife's life because she got blocked from the family's FB. She feels as if she (LS) is the only true family now, not his mom. Moo

I took it that way also. Praying his family will get answers soon. JMO

I just thought it meant someone who was like a mother to him - maybe a best friend's Mom or someone like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back