FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My father's dermatologist's office has a similar method of payment. You pay the day your services are rendered. He had laser procedures that were rather costly. Dad paid out of pocket and waited for his insurance companies to reimburse him. I call his accountant after those visits and inform him of what checks to be expecting. It's really not complicated.

I do want to drop this link here. There has been discussion about paying for attending Dr. Sievers' seminars. Here's one that was free.

March 27, [2014] from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/financial-expert-dr-frank-ragonese-dr-teresa-sieve

The more I learn about this wonderful physician, Dr. Sievers, the angrier I become at the murderer(s). It will be a good day to learn who is to blame so my anger can be placed where it belongs.

Yes, but his diagnosis and procedure codes would have been on his bill which was submitted to the Ins. Co. Helper9693 stated in post #749 that Dr. Sievers had no need to hire billing people. Fine, I know that there is computerized physician billing now, but somehow, the codes would need to be entered into the PT's UB form and IME, the physician would submit the bill to the Ins.Co, or provide the PT with a statement so the PT could submit the bill his/her self.

I wonder if the Dr. Sievers , or any of her staff, had any contact with any Ins. companies.

Teresa saw many of our homeless and destitute people for free. They had no insurance of any type. She literally gave her service away to and for them. Often this had to be done on a day’s notice as the window of opportunity for accepting subsidized housing is very short and other Doctor’s would never respond in that time, let alone at all some of the time. Yet, they needed a Doctor’s assessment of their need for housing. The same for Disability benefits. She never complained, she, and her loving Nurse Sandy, made the time and fit them in. And she got the paperwork done that same day. At least thirty people can say they have a home because Dr. Sievers saw them and made the recommendation. And many more can say that her letters assisted judges in making decisions for their Disability Benefits.

I see now why people called her Mother Teresa. jmo

She just said they had confirmed that was the coworkers car who went to do the wellness check. jmo but I thought we had read in an article that the coworker went to do a wellness check and found her.
I found the link Sievers failed to show up for work Monday morning, the Lee County Sheriff's Office said, prompting someone to check on her welfare. That individual, who has not been identified, found Sievers' body inside her home and called police at 9:45 a.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/02/teresa-sievers-dead-florida_n_7716476.html

Thx! Tapatalk won't give me a thx button for some reason.

I'm not sure if one can find entire past show videos for Good Morning America....but on LS's Wellness FB page, she had announced on July 2nd that the next day, July 3rd, her and Teresa's sister would be on Good Morning America.....to spread Dr Siever's passion for her cutting edge medical practice. ???? 3 days after her death? And I don't mean to be blunt but what would there be to spread if the doctor is deceased? And who jumps on this kind of immediate bandwagon a mere 4 days after a loved one has been brutally murdered? So weird to me.

Thank you so much for this. I didn't go to the "celebration of life" thinking it was only for family and close friends....One day I had gone to urgent care and had some emergency tests done...as usual I had copies sent to Dr Sievers office...so she could keep them in my record. 9:30 at night the phone rings...she is calling me from home on her cell phone..."Are you ok? I see you had a problem today" I was so surprised...it was so thoughtful. She was in no rush to get off the phone...she just really wanted to make sure I was ok...and knew what to do...it was the most amazing thing to me. One of the many reasons she was beloved by so many...

This is my thoughts. I think she was going to be a whistleblower or something like that. Possibly a unethical business dealing or someone that would get in serious trouble enough to kill.

BBM...Ding ding ding... Now we're talking

I'm not sure if one can find entire past show videos for Good Morning America....but on LS's Wellness FB page, she had announced on July 2nd that the next day, July 3rd, her and Teresa's sister would be on Good Morning America.....to spread Dr Siever's passion for her cutting edge medical practice. ???? 3 days after her death? And I don't mean to be blunt but what would there be to spread if the doctor is deceased? And who jumps on this kind of immediate bandwagon a mere 4 days after a loved one has been brutally murdered? So weird to me.
Try watch.abc.com for previous shows, they are mostly full length

New to WS, have enjoyed reading the insightful views and wnted to weigh in on this sad one. I’m not as impressed w/ the . Public funding is a sign of the times and all too easy to set up. Well-meaning friends…a few clicks… little foresight. Distasteful, but doubt killer was banking on a . Hitman theory also odd – why wait for victim to get home (or follow/ accompany her home), let her sleep for hours, then enter w/ a hammer. (Curious if her bed was slept in.) Plenty of easier ways for a hit if u know she’s arriving alone at an airport at night at a specific time – elsewhere would avoid risk of B&E into an unknown setting on a residential street. And a hit for what? Surely not hopes of hefty earnings.

I don’t see significant $$ issues on the homefront. This doc had more going on than the alternative part of her practice – boarded internist, speaker, author, and on staff at a couple local hospitals where substantial income can be had just from rounding. Extended family incl other physicians – at minimum, an adult family support system. Hubby/her did admirable comm outreach. Career issues don’t seem problematic in this 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] marriage. The EX-husband factor is of interest, even their time in MIssouri. Any lingering conflict from past is worth looking into.

Despite Sheriff’s “connectivity” word, this still smells like a crime of opportunity – a burglary. The connectivity may be in the burglar knowing her, maybe well planned out? Maybe the burglary had to do w/ some special item or sensitive thing stored in that house (than the usual jewels, money)? I do think side door was jimmied for entry. If you’re going to stage a break-in after, you’d make damage more obvious. There’s also the hammer (assuming burglars use hammer & chisel device to quietly pry locks, maybe even to plug alarm sensors in the doorjam); and then there’s this house. It sticks out like a sore thumb (gated castle) on G-Maps - in an unsecured community of much lower priced residences, and only a stone’s throw from a busy X-street. Rows of apt bldgs to the W. side of Jarvis, many seem to have views right into this home. Media search shows some problem w/ burglaries in the general area. If someone had a beef w/ her OR wanted something specific out of that house, or had been casing this street and “doc’s fancy home” – sounds like they’d have no trouble knowing the family was out of town. The time to hit would be opportunistic – someone who has to sneak out when the rest of their own family is sleeping. Maybe he cased it one final time Sun night, no one still home, and he planned an early am rise to sneak over while still dark. THE FENCE – holy cow, you could hide behind that thing for hours trying to pry a door. If perp jammed the alarm at pt of entry, they could walk around freely. Any motion sensors inside would be off. She is awakened by the burglar in BR or confronts him after waking – both surprise each other. Doesn’t take much for a “gruesome” scene when using a hammer. I don’t necessarily see passion behind this manner, it was the tool at hand. The man’s yell … some say a lover’s spat. I think a younger, scared burglar would yell out to her to shut up after she screamed (so would a burglar who knows her), but she fought for her life and he let loose with what he was holding. Then fled. On foot. (Did he first get in that van to use it and then changed his mind?) Maybe LE found evidence of that, her blood or something in the van.) Where would a killer go from there on foot, all bloody, but back to the quiet of their home. Why didn’t more people hear dogs barking – did he zig zag through lawns? He had to be bloody, so there’s a bld trail, and wherever he went, someone else saw his bloody clothes. Why didn’t LE have dogs trying to tracking a scent from the home? All JMO.

I can understand her sisters need to focus on Dr S legacy. If i stayed in the rage that this kind of death would cause it would make me a crazy person. I have postoned grieving in the past because I was not ready to handle it at the time. This has to be brutal on those that love her.

Dr S sister seem to think she knew who did this crime which tells me it probably is not a burglary or random.

New to WS, have enjoyed reading the insightful views and wnted to weigh in on this sad one. I’m not as impressed w/ the . Public funding is a sign of the times and all too easy to set up. Well-meaning friends…a few clicks… little foresight. Distasteful, but doubt killer was banking on a . Hitman theory also odd – why wait for victim to get home (or follow/ accompany her home), let her sleep for hours, then enter w/ a hammer. (Curious if her bed was slept in.) Plenty of easier ways for a hit if u know she’s arriving alone at an airport at night at a specific time – elsewhere would avoid risk of B&E into an unknown setting on a residential street. And a hit for what? Surely not hopes of hefty earnings.

I don’t see significant $$ issues on the homefront. This doc had more going on than the alternative part of her practice – boarded internist, speaker, author, and on staff at a couple local hospitals where substantial income can be had just from rounding. Extended family incl other physicians – at minimum, an adult family support system. Hubby/her did admirable comm outreach. Career issues don’t seem problematic in this 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] marriage. The EX-husband factor is of interest, even their time in MIssouri. Any lingering conflict from past is worth looking into.

Despite Sheriff’s “connectivity” word, this still smells like a crime of opportunity – a burglary. The connectivity may be in the burglar knowing her, maybe well planned out? Maybe the burglary had to do w/ some special item or sensitive thing stored in that house (than the usual jewels, money)? I do think side door was jimmied for entry. If you’re going to stage a break-in after, you’d make damage more obvious. There’s also the hammer (assuming burglars use hammer & chisel device to quietly pry locks, maybe even to plug alarm sensors in the doorjam); and then there’s this house. It sticks out like a sore thumb (gated castle) on G-Maps - in an unsecured community of much lower priced residences, and only a stone’s throw from a busy X-street. Rows of apt bldgs to the W. side of Jarvis, many seem to have views right into this home. Media search shows some problem w/ burglaries in the general area. If someone had a beef w/ her OR wanted something specific out of that house, or had been casing this street and “doc’s fancy home” – sounds like they’d have no trouble knowing the family was out of town. The time to hit would be opportunistic – someone who has to sneak out when the rest of their own family is sleeping. Maybe he cased it one final time Sun night, no one still home, and he planned an early am rise to sneak over while still dark. THE FENCE – holy cow, you could hide behind that thing for hours trying to pry a door. If perp jammed the alarm at pt of entry, they could walk around freely. Any motion sensors inside would be off. She is awakened by the burglar in BR or confronts him after waking – both surprise each other. Doesn’t take much for a “gruesome” scene when using a hammer. I don’t necessarily see passion behind this manner, it was the tool at hand. The man’s yell … some say a lover’s spat. I think a younger, scared burglar would yell out to her to shut up after she screamed (so would a burglar who knows her), but she fought for her life and he let loose with what he was holding. Then fled. On foot. (Did he first get in that van to use it and then changed his mind?) Maybe LE found evidence of that, her blood or something in the van.) Where would a killer go from there on foot, all bloody, but back to the quiet of their home. Why didn’t more people hear dogs barking – did he zig zag through lawns? He had to be bloody, so there’s a bld trail, and wherever he went, someone else saw his bloody clothes. Why didn’t LE have dogs trying to tracking a scent from the home? All JMO.

If it was a burglary (in this case called a robbery), how would perp know that residence was not not occupied. Parking in the garage doesn't make a robber, ascertain that nobody is home. Additionally, if this was a kid or even a man running through through the neighborhood; the Cadets walked the entire place for evidence.

I was curious how you knew the victim was married twice and her ex lived in Missouri? Are you related or a friend?

Dr S sister seem to think she knew who did this crime which tells me it probably is not a burglary or random.

Yes, The Sheriff also said it was not random. I am certain that means it was connected some way to the victim. Additionally, look at how they have handled this case. They have not asked for ANY leads!!

Anyone noticed the blue recycling container (county) outside in the driveway in front of the garage and the upside down greyish bluish container on the curb? In addition there is a knocked over black garbage can laying in front of the blue recycling container, black lid tossed behind it.

Garbage pickup for Jarvis Rd is on Fridays, recycling and yard waste on Tuesdays.

Check marker .54 to .56 in this video:

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29435156/death-investigation-underway-in-bonita-springs#.VZh3QpXbKZM

Thoughts?

-No it's not

What I've noticed in these videos of her home is that there is not room to park but one vehicle in the bay where her van is parked. Notice at the same markers in the video, esp. .55, that there seems to be all kinds of stuff to the left of her van inside the garage. There are better views of the stuff to the left of the van than this video provides.

I can't distinguish the items for certain. However, I could envision there being a hammer somewhere in that pile. Also, maybe not in this video, we see a motorcycle parked very close to the right side of the van with its front wheel pointing out toward the driveway. [At first glance, I thought it was golf clubs.] The motorcycle almost seems to have fallen against the van. Next to the double bay is a single bay. My sister's home has one similar that is used for their golf cart. May we assume the smaller bay was used for parking the motorcycle? Did Mr. Mark Sievers own a vehicle other than the motorcycle? If so, perhaps he parked it outside of the single bay.

The jimmied door with the handle for opening is the side door that is accessible via the side gate. The front door is glass. There would be a door from the garage leading into the home, wouldn't it? Was there a back door as well?

From the neighbor across the street:
"We have noticed, you know, a few odd things. Mrs. Sievers, we`ve never seen her other than just in passing. She`s always kept to herself. And you know, just the past couple weeks, she`s been out playing with her kids, walking the dogs, you know, something she never does."

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/02/ng.01.html

Where were the dogs during the crime? Does Teresa release the security alarm in the morning to let the dogs play in the backyard while she dresses for work?

Something I didn't know was that her family returned on Wednesday after she was murdered on Sunday.

I noticed in video of trash cans that the neighbors trash cans were out also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member