FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and you're welcome...She had a small office/staff. The nurse Sandra who was her right hand person, was very special. I cried while I watched Sandra's interview...she was the most devoted employee...and I'm sure is devastated. The Dr. down the hall apparently took Dr Sievers patients as a courtesy...which is really nice..What I got from the news is that Sandra packed up and moved over to his office to help with this influx of patients and to help the patients in the transition. I don't know that she has a permanent new job there...this may be only temporary..who knows. So to assume/suggest Sandra is "all set" seems premature to me. Sandra is the salt of the earth kind of person...hard worker.

Thank you again!! And, yes I agree it has to be very hard for her Nurse to pick up the pieces and carry on to help the patients. This does show she is a very caring person and is not self-seeking. Again, we thank you during this difficult time and welcome!!!

Thank you for your insight. I know this isnt easy for you. Did you know LS? If you did, what were your impressions of her?
I did not know LS. May have seen her once in the office...but not sure.

Everything Ive read, Dr Sievers was a very hard working woman that kept pushing herself forward. And she gave back to the community. I really trust that LE will bring her perp(s) to justice. They seem to be on the ball and know exactly what they are doing.

The site now says that the site was set up by a friend and all monies will be going to Good Shepard Ministries in honor of Dr. Teresa. And, it was reduced to $100k.

The site now says that the site was set up by a friend and all monies will be going to Good Shepard Ministries in honor of Dr. Teresa.

Interesting they changed their mind.I dont think there was a foundation to start with and the heat is on. So no million now? wow

Do you know who found her? If so what was their relationship to her?

Also what is your thought of why and who?
Thanks so much for being willing to communicate with us.

I don't know who found her. Like you all...I've watched TV... trying to figure out what happened that morning....and put it together with what I know about the office.
She did have a small staff..so if they tried to call her and got no answer...someone could leave to go check on her..not sure the distance to Bonita Springs where she lived..guessing 15-20 minutes...maybe longer...depends on traffic...Not sure who she had up front in the reception area that would have gone...who ever it was I feel so bad for them...smh From the sound of Sandra's interview she wasn't the one...and I'm thankful for that.

This is what bothers me about the funding site. Had they requested donations to the charity, individuals would have been able to take the tax deduction (like the one who donated a thousand dollars, but no one forced her to do that...).

So people thought they were donating for the family (kids) and now its going somewhere else....

Either way, its a mess. People should ask the family first what they want to do and then respect that.

I'm glad it isn't a million dollars... But that damage is done.

This is what bothers me about the funding site. Had they requested donations to the charity, individuals would have been able to take the tax deduction (like the one who donsted a thousand dollars, but no one forced her to do that...).

So people thought they were donating for the family (kids) and now its going somewhere else....

Either way, its a mess. People should ask the family first what they want to do and then respect that.

Not only that. There may have been nothing nefarious intended, but they opened the door for a huge red flag to go up.jmo

Helper, Dr S murder sounds like it has been traumatizing for everyone. I certainly can't imagine finding someone that I cared about in that situation. My prayers are with you and all those that love her.

Not only that. There may have been nothing nefarious intended, but they opened the door for a huge red flag to go up.jmo
Just a word on the ...About mid week I was thinking...the day she died...the people that knew her the longest were devastated.... husband, Sandra etc....might have just been in shock and just fallen apart. LS hasn't been around as long and may have been one of those "do'er" types...ya know who clean instead of cry. If so it might make sense that she would think "what can I do to help"...they are going to need money (like all of us who knows what their finances are, who knows if they have life ins etc) so she might have set up the account. In her interviews she talks about Dr Sievers as someone who doesn't just talk but gets things done...obviously an attribute that is important to LS.

I am mystified by the insurance issue. I thought it was because she provided services that were not covered.

But in fact, services could be sent to insurance by the patient.

To me that sounds really silly and difficult. Services are coded and if the correct coding is not entered, no payment. How would a patient have a clue on how to do that?

It certainly would save the office time and money not to do insurance billing.
Were the services less expensive then because she got money up front and no staff had to be dedicated to filing insurance claims?

Just a word on the ...About mid week I was thinking...the day she died...the people that knew her the longest were devastated.... husband, Sandra etc....might have just been in shock and just fallen apart. LS hasn't been around as long and may have been one of those "do'er" types...ya know who clean instead of cry. If so it might make sense that she would think "what can I do to help"...they are going to need money (like all of us who knows what their finances are, who knows if they have life ins etc) so she might have set up the account. In her interviews she talks about Dr Sievers as someone who doesn't just talk but gets things done...obviously an attribute that is important to LS.

Thats possible and she didn't think about what this would look like.

Helper, Dr S murder sounds like it has been traumatizing for everyone. I certainly can't imagine finding someone that I cared about in that situation. My prayers are with you and all those that love her.

Thank you...this really did touch the whole community. My Mom's best friend was a current patient...she is beside herself wondering how she will find another Dr. like her...Teresa really was a one of a kind...an island of sanity...in a sea of Doctors that just herd you through like cattle. My best friend's financial adviser and his wife both went to her...and I think is wife taught the daughters in some classes down in Naples. This death has rippled out to touch many peoples lives...Even though she isn't currently my DR...I have many fond memories of her...her spitfire personality...her tenacity to try and help me to feel better. I was one sick cookie when I showed up on her doorstep. So thankful for her...

Thank you...this really did touch the whole community. My Mom's best friend was a current patient...she is beside herself wondering how she will find another Dr. like her...Teresa really was a one of a kind...an island of sanity...in a sea of Doctors that just herd you through like cattle. My best friend's financial adviser and his wife both went to her...and I think is wife taught the daughters in some classes down in Naples. This death has rippled out to touch many peoples lives...Even though she isn't currently my DR...I have many fond memories of her...her spitfire personality...her tenacity to try and help me to feel better. I was one sick cookie when I showed up on her doorstep. So thankful for her...

Thank you so much for sharing about her. Mkes it even more difficult to figure out why anyone would want to hurt her.

Services are coded and if the correct coding is not entered, no payment. How would a patient have a clue on how to do that?

You got a bill that had the codes on it. I never had services that weren't covered.

My dentist is out of network and they still file insurance on your behalf...

D

On NG tonight they routed each way to her home from the airport. There were several lights with cameras all the way to her house. One I believe was right before her house. Some telecommunications guy said all you need is her licence plate and it will bring up her car at the lights and also show if anyone was following her. They are so focused on Dr's van I wonder if they saw something on the camera,s?

On NG tonight they routed each way to her home from the airport. There were several lights with cameras all the way to her house. One I believe was right before her house. Some telecommunications guy said all you need is her licence plate and it will bring up her car at the lights and also show if anyone was following her. They are so focused on Dr's van I wonder if they saw something on the camera,s?
Agree with u, no wonder I posted earlier that she landed at the Florida Southwestern airport in Fort Myers

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

As soon as the transcript is posted will post it here

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads